Jump to content
zwara81

Dr strange-leaked on BGG-

Recommended Posts

Also, somebody on BGG:

" I put the Doctor Strange info up on FB. The super sleuths over there have found the seller on EBay and he/she confirmed that they also have a Black Widow and Hulk decks that they will be selling. "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hm. Guess it's Black Widow, Strange, and then Hulk? That seems reasonable given the shadows.

The leak seems weird? Like. How does somebody have these unannounced packs? Why are they selling them/do they think there won't be repercussion?

I was kindof hoping for some slightly more obscure heroes, or non-Avengers, but IMO this just points even more to War of the Realms. Maybe Ghost Rider and Blade will be in the Story Box to round out the team?

One last thought: Glad that being an ally isn't as much of a barrier to being a Hero pack as I might have thought. Gives me hope that we'll see Hawkeye sooner ❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, zwara81 said:

Over on BGG, somebody bought Dr Strange Card-set and Wrecking Crew.  Not sure if timetravel was involved.

(there are pictures from the package art; no Cards spoilered so far)

This doesn’t seem like somebody on BGG bought them, these are just the box pictures from the eBay auction.

Hopefully whoever did buy them realizes how important it is to share the info with all of us though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

Hm. Guess it's Black Widow, Strange, and then Hulk? That seems reasonable given the shadows.

The leak seems weird? Like. How does somebody have these unannounced packs? Why are they selling them/do they think there won't be repercussion?

I was kindof hoping for some slightly more obscure heroes, or non-Avengers, but IMO this just points even more to War of the Realms. Maybe Ghost Rider and Blade will be in the Story Box to round out the team?

One last thought: Glad that being an ally isn't as much of a barrier to being a Hero pack as I might have thought. Gives me hope that we'll see Hawkeye sooner ❤️

Distributors in other countries sometimes receive new packs of LCG well in advance. It has been seen often with  others like AGOT 2.0 or LOTR

As for obscur Heros, that game is unfortunatly for the mass market and obscur heros probably won't sell well to that mass. I am even surprise they went with Miss Marvel that quick. The first years will probably just be heros of movies or fan favorites 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, vilainn6 said:

Distributors in other countries sometimes receive new packs of LCG well in advance. It has been seen often with  others like AGOT 2.0 or LOTR

As for obscur Heros, that game is unfortunatly for the mass market and obscur heros probably won't sell well to that mass. I am even surprise they went with Miss Marvel that quick. The first years will probably just be heros of movies or fan favorites 

I keep hearing people who think that Ms. Marvel is “obscure” or the like, when she is actually one of the best selling comics over the last 5 years, is one of the handful of stars of the upcoming Marvel’s Avengers for the PS4, and has a live action Disney+ show in development. She is a rising star, certainly, but I would argue she’s better known (especially among the younger generation) than, say, Shang Chi, the Eternals, or Moon Knight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, vilainn6 said:

As for obscur Heros, that game is unfortunatly for the mass market and obscur heros probably won't sell well to that mass. I am even surprise they went with Miss Marvel that quick. The first years will probably just be heros of movies or fan favorites

I certainly don’t mean anything seriously obscure. Just maybe not 3 MCU stars. I just want them to confirm in some way that we’ll get X-Men and Fantastic Four at some point, honestly. I can wait for them as much as I can wait for any other groups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Cable2 said:

Seeing how he is a doctor, his alter ego recovery will be like 10 right? Lol

I am really interested to see how they do him. I like the idea I saw on here a while back for some sort of spell cards—maybe having to prepare them as a type of upgrade and then they can be cast from there triggering off of something or with another payment like tenacity? Dooon’t even know but I’m psyched.

(Actually, suddenly I hope there are generic and/or aspect Spell cards that require your hero to have the Sorcerer trait to play them or you get more out of them if you do. :D)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, HirumaShigure said:

I'm hoping Doctor Strange (surgeon supreme) can use his recovery to heal other characters, or have a built in heal, but maybe that is too OP cause allies would stick around forever. 

I figure it will be like Peters mind resource production ability. Freely heal like 2 damage once per round when in alter-ego form. Would make sense. He’d be more than willing to give fellow superheroes a quick health check. Could see him having an alter-ego version of Spidey’s Swinging Web Kick that heals alot of damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that I've calmed down a bit, this is making me wonder how far in advance they are having packs printed and shipped. Assuming Dr. Strange is the May hero, that puts his pack at printing at least six or so months prior to release. And now I wonder if we're going to (unofficially) see the other packs and first campaign box in the near future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, maniakmedic said:

Now that I've calmed down a bit, this is making me wonder how far in advance they are having packs printed and shipped. Assuming Dr. Strange is the May hero, that puts his pack at printing at least six or so months prior to release. And now I wonder if we're going to (unofficially) see the other packs and first campaign box in the near future.

Other LCGs have traditional 'cycles' of 6 packs. They are always designed, printed, freighted and then warehoused at the same time. So pack 6 is indeed printed and ready 6 months ahead of release. It's the only way FFG can reliably control the logistics chain and release them each month. 

It looks like Marvel Champions has a slightly different method, but Cap, Ms Marvel and Green Goblin were the first 'cycle' all printed at once. Looks maybe the 2nd lot could have been Wrecking Crew, Thor, Widow, Strange and Hulk. Who knows. 

They must also air freight (or otherwise expedite) a small shipment of product for their demos/livestreams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Daft Blazer said:

Black Widow is at $155 so far 🤪

We tipped him off. He sold Strange and Wrecking Crew as Buy-It-Nows for a markup, but because of people asking him about them and the other packs, he knows they are hot ticket items and is auctioning them.

Honestly, I bet we never see spoilers for Black Widow or Hulk out of this; Fantasy Flight is undoubtedly in the loop on this now that it's been blasted on the top 3 communities for this game. I bet dollars to donuts that FFG buys the other two packs back themselves to stifle the spoilers.

Ah well. At least we might see Dr. Strange early, if somebody from one of the communities bought it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not particularly keen for spoilers in advance - happy to wait until the FFG articles TBH. The actual heroes aren’t that surprising - I think the community pretty much nailed it in guessing who the new heroes are 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These kind of leaks are initially exciting, but ultimately not good for the game, in the long run. 

If all 3 of these packs and their contents get out into the wild, then that's 3 months of releases and marketing totally disrupted. Yes, there's a difference between having product in hand to play with and knowing the cards/contents of releases, but it will do a lot to deflate excitement. 

Instead of being able to slowly build hype/excitement each month from now until June, FFG will have nothing new to say or show. I imagine even some people will complain about how there's no releases/excitement for the next 6 months. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jonboyjon1990 said:

These kind of leaks are initially exciting, but ultimately not good for the game, in the long run. 

If all 3 of these packs and their contents get out into the wild, then that's 3 months of releases and marketing totally disrupted. Yes, there's a difference between having product in hand to play with and knowing the cards/contents of releases, but it will do a lot to deflate excitement. 

Instead of being able to slowly build hype/excitement each month from now until June, FFG will have nothing new to say or show. I imagine even some people will complain about how there's no releases/excitement for the next 6 months. 

Totally agree. Which is why I'm pretty sure it is going to be FFG who is purchasing these packs. It would be a marketing fiasco otherwise. Heck, they are already going to have to deal (potentially, depending on if it was somebody from the online communities) with all of the Dr. Strange and Wrecking Crew cards getting spoiled. They know about this now, and they are going to buy the packs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

Hm. Guess it's Black Widow, Strange, and then Hulk? That seems reasonable given the shadows.

The leak seems weird? Like. How does somebody have these unannounced packs? Why are they selling them/do they think there won't be repercussion?

I was kindof hoping for some slightly more obscure heroes, or non-Avengers, but IMO this just points even more to War of the Realms. Maybe Ghost Rider and Blade will be in the Story Box to round out the team?

One last thought: Glad that being an ally isn't as much of a barrier to being a Hero pack as I might have thought. Gives me hope that we'll see Hawkeye sooner ❤️

I’m way cooler on the idea of making packs for heretofore allies. Like, if they mak Luke Cage too, you don’t have a Protection ally option in that game without buying Ms. Marvel. (One would hope they’d make Widow...Protection I guess? And add in more allies.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This happened with the core set as well.  It seems for this game Asmodee has some supply chain issues if product is escaping their normal distribution chain.  I sincerely doubt this came from a retailer that got the product early.  That would be unbelievably early considering when we are expecting these products.  Though they probably are printing now or printed already and were waiting to get shipped to distributors.

Edited by phillos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The characters for Dr. Strange should be pretty easily guessed: Wong for ally and Mordo for nemesis. 

If he is leadership and any additional allies are shipped some other magic users like Shaman, Talisman, or Brother Voodoo would be cool.

 

Edited by Cable2
added info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Cable2 said:

The characters for Dr. Strange should be pretty easily guessed: Wong for ally and Mordo for nemesis. 

If he is leadership and any additional allies are shipped some other magic users like Shaman, Talisman, or Brother Voodoo would be cool.

 

I think Wong is much more likely to be a support. He isn’t someone who fights a lot in the comics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...