23 minutes ago, Derrault said:

His FoF targeting was pretty impressive.

I still think the Resistance plan should have basically been Ender’s Game. Take control of the cannon on any one of those destroyers, and blow up the planet at point blank range, taking the entire enemy fleet out that’s in low orbit. 

Holdor's got nothing on you!

I'm not necessarily looking for the different Factions having completely different strengths & tactical strategies (like a potential difference between the Empire & the First Order). I see the different factions being more about the desire to field a preferred Army. Rather than having the option of fielding between two armies, players could essentially field their favorite of 7 or 8 (or more) armies.

3 hours ago, Mad Maximus said:

I'm not necessarily looking for the different Factions having completely different strengths & tactical strategies (like a potential difference between the Empire & the First Order). I see the different factions being more about the desire to field a preferred Army. Rather than having the option of fielding between two armies, players could essentially field their favorite of 7 or 8 (or more) armies.

That would be an ideal game, but I think it'd have a bit of trouble from a marketing standpoint. If the Empire played exactly like the First Order, you'd make a lot less money selling First Order stuff after everyone has all their Empire lists together and painted. For the hobbyists, it'd be fine, but I think the factions need to have some diversity from a gameplay perspective, otherwise the game would stagnate.

1 hour ago, Vector Strike said:

Fresh rumors from France!

8462376b10fd4a2c4a6d9bc61cce0f9a.png

Well, rebels getting a unit of mandalorians, means we will only see a huge increase in rebel players.   That said, i get padme is there because they need operatives. but even in original releases, they had han come with one operative, and then emperor came with the rebel operative.  missing out on anakin seems odd.  Either way, if this is even partly true, looks like some good units coming out for the CW era armies.

2 hours ago, Vector Strike said:

Fresh rumors from France!

8462376b10fd4a2c4a6d9bc61cce0f9a.png

All of these sound good except inferno squad. The mandalorians loyal to the empire would have been a better parity. 

So, Padme.... is this going to be the Naboo siege sculpt? Geonosis white?

Hoping to see multiple helmet options for my Arc troopers.

Edited by ScummyRebel
Added thoughts

57 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

So, Padme.... is this going to be the Naboo siege sculpt? Geonosis white?

Geonosian would make more sense than the episode 1 one but I think we will instead see her based on her outfits in Clone Wars or the outfit we see her go to Batuu in. 

We have named members of Clan Wren and Inferno Squad, as well as named ARC Troopers.  It’s not too hard to come up with a couple of droid serial numbers.  I’m guessing these four units will be Special Forces with an upgrade slot for a unique mini upgrade.

I hope that if I am right that we will also get a way to play Fives as a separate unit.

Presuming it's legit, happy to see the STAP getting represented so early. Dumb as it is to have a droid operate a vehicle, I always liked the look of them. Additionally curious to see how they handle the Commando Droids, would presume a balance of ranged and melee, or with the option to specialize them for one particular role. (Ie, snipers or melee).

The only thing I really miss with this would be a cheaper Commander. It stings to pay 175+ points for skirmish for a commander you don't even really want >_>

13 hours ago, RejjeN said:

The only thing I really miss with this would be a cheaper Commander. It stings to pay 175+ points for skirmish for a commander you don't even really want >_>

Agreed, I feel that the only real misstep for the skirmish format was requiring a commander mini specifically rather than 1 commander or operative, with Cad Bane coming I expect him to be much cheaper than Grievous but he will almost certainly be an operative too so it wont solve the CIS issue of a cheap leader in Skirmish.

On 1/18/2020 at 4:18 PM, Lochlan said:

I wouldn't call The Clone Wars, Rebels, and Solo, not to mention numerous official comics, "fanfic". 

I would call everything Dave Filoni has ever touched fan-fic. 😂😉

Just joking, of course (kind of).

38: commander/operative.  Gives surge tokens and can revive models

Fixer/40: operative.  Repairs vehicles and maybe gives objective bonuses

Scorch/62: operative.  Grenade launcher and can plant explosives

Sev/07: operative. Sniper boi

8E325646-A6F3-4600-A1DE-2E32928F03E9.png

8 hours ago, Wookerz said:

38: commander/operative.  Gives surge tokens and can revive models

Fixer/40: operative.  Repairs vehicles and maybe gives objective bonuses

Scorch/62: operative.  Grenade launcher and can plant explosives

Sev/07: operative. Sniper boi

8E325646-A6F3-4600-A1DE-2E32928F03E9.png

Dont play Clone Wars factions yet, but I'd buy them straight away no hesitation

On 1/21/2020 at 7:00 PM, Animewarsdude said:

Geonosian would make more sense than the episode 1 one but I think we will instead see her based on her outfits in Clone Wars or the outfit we see her go to Batuu in. 

We want to see midriff Padme. 

Maul does fight during the clone war, where the argument comes in is what faction should he be in.  By the time of the clone wars Maul isn't allied with the separatist, so putting him in the CIS faction would seem out of place.  At that time he is starting to take over the Criminal underworld which eventually leads to him in control of Crimson Dawn and The Shadow Collective.

It wasn't my intent to start that argument up again, it was rather to point out that the arguing was about where Maul should be, not if he was around.  I do agree that the debate has probably run its course and the only thing to do is wait and see.

6 hours ago, Vector Strike said:

He is CIS in x-wing, and so will be in Legion as well. Don't see any point in discussing this.

That's the pre-Everythings-half-off Maul, the one who has legs and hasn't been to insanity and back. The way they have him represented in X-wing is him long before the clone wars.

11 minutes ago, ArcticJedi said:

That's the pre-Everythings-half-off Maul, the one who has legs and hasn't been to insanity and back. The way they have him represented in X-wing is him long before the clone wars.

And let's be fair, it's only because they wanted to put the Sith Infiltrator in the game.

Way late, so, sorry about that, but:

On 1/21/2020 at 6:00 PM, ScummyRebel said:

All of these sound good except inferno squad. The mandalorians loyal to the empire would have been a better parity. 

Whether right or wrong, clearly they thought that those would be too on the nose, and the inane gutting of the Expanded Universe has taken away almost all of the options for these two factions, so FFG has to make do with what little has been added since.

On 1/22/2020 at 8:57 AM, RejjeN said:

Presuming it's legit, happy to see the STAP getting represented so early. Dumb as it is to have a droid operate a vehicle, I always liked the look of them.

It really isn't. The case may be harder to make for AATs (at least in practice), but STAPs are perfectly sensible. They can be used by most of their infantry troops (synthetic and organic) as well as commanders, which also means being able to exchange/replace riders when opportune/necessary. And not only can your main fighting units get off to for example enter buildings, but they also may be able to go on when the vehicle gets damaged. In short: flexibility and redundancy. Both are assets in armies as well as electronics.