2 hours ago, OMGBRICK said:

Because Maul was cut in half, tossed down a shaft, and taken to a landfill in 34 BBY, a full decade before the CIS existed (24 BBY). I won’t be surprised when they release him, but it’ll just be so people can have a rule of cool Battle of Naboo army, not because it makes sense as part of TCW. 

He makes even less sense being in game as a CIS commander or operative than when they released Jyn Erso as a Rebel commander. 

Yes but command tokens have a loose association with the characters. They’re just something to give us as a launching point for reference, not the end all, be all definition of the character. Not sure why everyone takes it so seriously. We do have an operative and commander Luke and Vader now, and I’m sure more characters will follow suit. Command tokens are more for game structure and play, not definition.

2 hours ago, JediPartisan said:

Yes but command tokens have a loose association with the characters. They’re just something to give us as a launching point for reference, not the end all, be all definition of the character. Not sure why everyone takes it so seriously. We do have an operative and commander Luke and Vader now, and I’m sure more characters will follow suit. Command tokens are more for game structure and play, not definition.

Idk I think the inclusion of a differentiation between Operative and Commander in the design space shows that they define characters.

Boba Fett doesn’t command Imperial forces... so he’s an Operative. Luke and Vader act as commanders sometimes and act as agents attached to a force other times... they get Operative and Commander. Jyn performed a spec ops mission adjacent to one battle in which she wasn’t the leader... she should’ve been an Operative. 

It’ll be awesome to play against Naboo droid lists led by Maul and it’s great to see Scarif lists led by Jyn. Doesn’t fit with their characters though 🤷‍♂️

I say let the CIS have Maul, honestly it feels like the CIS will be hard up for commanders and Operatives that are noteworthy, Clones and Rebels have untold wealth of unique characters (lots of Jedi) that they can call upon for commanders and Operatives, as the imperials have quite a few as well, particularly as with the early days of X-Wing the Scum and Villainy Characters seem to be falling under the empires rule (Boba, Boosk etc.)

most peoples would be hard pressed to name 10 notewothy CIS characters for Commander and Operative use while the other 3 factions have more than enough of these types of characters in the SW universe to use.

Asajj Ventress was a commander of the Separatist Droid Army. A tactical droid unit would make another natural commander for the CIS. Whether Maul is a commander or operative, I'd be really surprised if he isn't introduced to the game soon. I'd also like to see Commando Droids. Plenty of options here.

40 minutes ago, Katsutoshi said:

In the next wave for the Clone Wars armies, we will have STAPs : https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Single_Trooper_Aerial_Platform

You heard it here first ! 😀

^this.

Sure Asajj, Maul, even the Droid Gunship are cool ideas but really, CIS can already fill all of the Commander and Corps slots just fine. Once the Tank comes out even the Heavy is covered well enough.
We really need more Support alternatives to the expensive Droidekas or fresh SpecOps teams to take as an alternative to the Dekas / Tanks. 
And yeah, a cheap, crap, more-bodies per unit version of the Speederbikes (the STAP unit) would be awesome :D as would the Dwarf Spider Droids and Crab Droids, or BX commando droids and MagnaGuards.

The last thing we need right now is more 100-200 point heavies, operatives or commanders.

Edited by Polda

17 hours ago, NokDrayen said:

Asajj Ventress was a commander of the Separatist Droid Army. A tactical droid unit would make another natural commander for the CIS. Whether Maul is a commander or operative, I'd be really surprised if he isn't introduced to the game soon. I'd also like to see Commando Droids. Plenty of options here.

I think she was more of an Operative, always doing the bidding of Dooku.

New units I'd expect to see for each faction (from most likely to least likely):

Rebel Alliance

• Lando Calrissian
  • Ewoks
  • Ahsoka Tano
  • Saw Gerrera
  • Rebel Partisans
  • Rebel General (Dodanna)/Commander Sato

Galactic Empire

• Death Star Troopers
  • Jump Troopers
  • Shadow Troopers/Shadow Stormtroopers/Shadow Scouts
  • Grand Moff Tarkin/Grand Admiral Thrawn

Galactic Republic

• Yoda
  • Anakin Skywalker
  • Mace Windu
  • Commander Cody
  • Qui-Gon Jinn
  • Ki-Adi-Mundi

Separatist Alliance

• Darth Maul
  • Jango Fett
  • Zam Wesell
  • Tactical Droid Commander/Battle Droid Commander
  • Super Battle Droids
  • Asajj Ventress
  • Droid Commandos

If SWL introduces a new faction, I'd expect it to be Mandalorians (known as legendary warriors) before Scum -- although the Shadow Collective/Black Sun would make an interesting counterpoint.

- Dark Troopers as jump infantry.

- Inquisitors

- The two Imperial officers from Mandalorian, I would be great to see those as characters in their Imperial heydays.

- Tarkin.

- Imperial shocktroopers, including stormtrooper flametrooper.

Lando and lobot as operatives would be perfect. 

An ewok army with c3po leading the way from his throne would be fun.

A dashing han solo instead of blade runner's deckard even though I love blade runner.

A jawa army would be fun too.  The RA-7 protocol droid dishing out pain in the sand crawler could be leader.

for fun a sand crawler droid army complete with bad motivators and old ben as the leader or RA-7 and Old ben as operative.

Jabba and his entourage complete with pet rancor and sarlacc terrain pit. The spider monks could be something.

A mad wampa operative running loose on the empire side.

Army of sand people complete with banthas riders.

Rebels:

- Drop Trooper/ Shock Trooper - as described in the Mandalorian. Possibly an opportunity for some heavy Rebel infantry... perhaps with some armor and a red defense die lol 

Partisans

New Republic Troopers

- Rogue Squadron - maybe as a 2 man operative team or something of the sort 

Empire:

Inquisitors

Purge Troopers

- Mudtroopers / Imperial Army

- Navy Troopers

- Imperial Sharpshooter - As described in Mandalorian, curiously not the same as a Stormtrooper (the exact degree of separation could be cool to explore)

First off I love these threads, as FFG reads them and gets ideas, hence my Mon Mothma thread.

Pre Vizsla as a commander for the Separatists!

1eb825fb289b5ee4e9cbfe12f696717f.jpg

Super Tactial Droid Kalani as a commander for the Separatists too!

latest?cb=20161018210742

Anakin obviously as a commander, and I'd love to see the General outfit of his.

qltd63ox0o631.png

And my personal favorite, Master Yoda...

e0ffa4414a5d2f2013b8fdcbcb83241f.jpg

Edited by Shadowshand
Posted prematurely...

51 minutes ago, xApolinar said:

- Imperial Sharpshooter - As described in Mandalorian, curiously not the same as a Stormtrooper (the exact degree of separation could be cool to explore)

I figured that was synonymous with being a sniper (i.e. Scout Trooper)

Continuing from my last post...

Grand Moff Tarkin, in armor, as a commander for the Imperials...

3EvaBZr.jpg

Sergeant Kreel of Task Force 99. Gives Imperials another lightsaber weilding unit...

latest?cb=20160526163604

Commanders for the Rebels should include, General Hera Syndulla would be excellent I feel, probably with Chopper..

hera-syndulla-s3_cf5e7f07.jpeg?region=0,

And of course, Lando Calrissian...

d85afde4d3a6bfccbb14535ec9cd668f00119c75

Edited by Shadowshand

Younger Ashoka Tano would be an Operative for the Republic...

gxdpmhjn9jnn.png

Asajj Vntress as an operative for the Seperatists...

Asajj-Ventress_d5ca9413.jpeg?region=67,0

The Empire needs to get their hands on these two as operatives... (0-0-0 and BT-1)

7687c163f6c69fc462522d3d9dbfae4e.jpg

Chirret and Baze need to come to the game too. They'd probably be operatives.

chirrut-imwe-and-baze-malbus-470.jpg?w=9

Additional Operatives could include...

Quinlan Vos for the Republic.

latest?cb=20111211025328

Cad Ban for the Seperatists.

1164663-cadbane.jpg

The Grand Inquisitor.

latest?cb=20170407002627

I suppose Kal Kestis can be brought into Legion too. He'd definately be an operative though.

in-defense-of-cal-kestis-jedi-fallen-ord

Edited by Shadowshand

On 1/14/2020 at 11:22 AM, Dwing said:

- Dark Troopers as jump infantry.

- Inquisitors

- The two Imperial officers from Mandalorian, I would be great to see those as characters in their Imperial heydays.

- Tarkin.

- Imperial shocktroopers, including stormtrooper flametrooper.

Sadly Dark Troopers ae not canon, but I think we'll get regular Jumptroopers. If it's any consolation, we can get Imperial Sentry Droids from Rebels