Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, UnitOmega said:

Well, if we're talking about shared assets, HMP and LAAT/i just got announced for X-Wing. Veeeery curious to see the scale they used on that LAAT. 

It looks every bit as long and wide as an X-Wing. Even the LAAT/i, as opposed to the regular AT-TE transport version, would be massive on a Legion board. I'd buy one if they keep it in scale or invent a new varient for Legion. But if they scale it down, that's a hard pass for me. I'm very curious as well. 

Edited by AldousSnow
Spelling

Well, they've said for anything larger than the AAT, they'd use sliding scale. I dunno even with the slide if it wouldn't require like, two stands and be a "superheavy" unit only suited to Grand Army, but the game is able to be pretty diverse with formats and it's a very iconic design. Better chance than the AT-AT which is as tall as it is long, which should be like twice that of the AT-ST up there. Even "sliding" not sure how you make that one look and behave on the table well. I'm not certain they won't but I hope they start with something a bit easier to manage first. 

I think the HMP is a shoe in though at its size. It's even a small base in XWM. 

6 hours ago, BobaMatt said:

Darth Maul would be a no-brainer for the Separatists. Whether he's better as a commander or just an operative, I'm not sure. But he HAS to be in Legion at some point.

I disagree, but mostly because I feel he'd make much more sense as a scum/mandalorian commander. Releasing him for Seps (who wasn't even a faction when he "died") would definitely be a clear sign that there won't be any such faction release...

The LAAT is 7 meters high and 29 meters long.

29 meters long means roughly 46 cm long in the game if you keep it in scale with the rest...

It would made for an awesome element on the table... but maybe not a unit 😋

I can not believe darth maul will belong to the separatist. They have enough several others lightsaber holder ans force user to not waste such a character by releasing him this way

Darth Maul has a long story as scum or whaterver you want to call it. Also, with thé rumours about a disney+ program about Darth Maul himself it will ne a shame if ffg release it for CIS

3 hours ago, Katsutoshi said:

The LAAT is 7 meters high and 29 meters long.

29 meters long means roughly 46 cm long in the game if you keep it in scale with the rest...

It would made for an awesome element on the table... but maybe not a unit 😋

Maybe we’ll get a Downed LAAT expansion.🤞

1 hour ago, UnitOmega said:

IS IT NOW?

Qrt0ZGw.png

Make sure when you cite a source, it's a credible one. Pulled from star wars databank today. 

That’s no fair, Disney has been changing the measurements on stuff. Not sure how it helps them, but it does make it hard to quote a size.

Posted (edited)

I’m happy with 18 meters long. Problem is there is not only the length but the width of the vehicule that is a problem. The wings are really huge, and take a lot of place. Can we bear to have a vehicule that is (for example, not precise measures) 30cm long and 30cm wide ?

I love the LAAT, but man it’s too big if not downsized.

Edited by Katsutoshi

7 minutes ago, Katsutoshi said:

I’m happy with 18 meters long. Problem is there is not only the lenth but the width of the vehicule that is a problem. The wings are really huge, and take a lot of place. Can we bear to have a vehicule that is (for example, not precise measures) 30cm long and 30cm wide ?

I love the LAAT, but man it’s too big if not downsized.

I don’t mind if they change the size a bit so that it fits on the board, but I know some people hate that. I’d just like to see it in one version or another, even if it’s just a terrain piece like the Downed AT-ST.

2 hours ago, JediPartisan said:

I don’t mind if they change the size a bit so that it fits on the board, but I know some people hate that. I’d just like to see it in one version or another, even if it’s just a terrain piece like the Downed AT-ST.

Oh yeah I would love that... but that would come pricey 😫 !

On 1/9/2020 at 11:02 AM, GooeyChewie said:

I don’t see any reason they couldn’t have Maul as an Operative in CIS and also Maul as a Commander if they do S&V.

Because Maul was cut in half, tossed down a shaft, and taken to a landfill in 34 BBY, a full decade before the CIS existed (24 BBY). I won’t be surprised when they release him, but it’ll just be so people can have a rule of cool Battle of Naboo army, not because it makes sense as part of TCW. 

He makes even less sense being in game as a CIS commander or operative than when they released Jyn Erso as a Rebel commander.