drainsmith

Official Keyforge setting book announcement

I haven't picked up the more recent sets, but I really enjoyed the Call of the Archons set. It's a fun game. There's practically no lore that I could see, so it makes sense that they want to use Genesys to expand upon the setting.

I bought a beginner pack, but never got into the game. The setting doesn't intrigue me, so I'm more interested in mechanics they may add. Hopefully they get the PDF out earlier with this one, as I'll probably pick that up eventually.

Posted (edited)

Hmm, I wonder what’s really going on. I hope those negatively affected land on their feet. RPGs are so niche so I’m not super-surprised when such news surfaces. Time to grab more Star Wars books!

In any case, I’m looking forward to the KF RPG! 

Edited by Alderaan Crumbs
Words...

Have to admit that this setting is an interesting one.  But I'm hesitant to spend any more money on a system that has such a questionable future.

If the system is dead I'll try to snag this on sale some day for background info on Keyforge.

Posted (edited)

Is GeneSys dead? Assuming the layoffs are true, perhaps they cut their RPG department because it’s going to be GeneSys from now on and they kept those people on. I myself don’t really have any interest in their other RPGs and there are quite a few, so FFG focusing on one or two (GeneSys and Star Wars) is possible, if others feel the same way. Some assurances would be nice, but I don’t know if we’re likely to get them.

Edited by Alderaan Crumbs

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, TechnoGolem said:

But I'm hesitant to spend any more money on a system that has such a questionable future.

Somewhat less of a worry with Genesys, as it's a universal system whose line of sourcebooks was never going to be particularly robust. Plus, you get the fan content and the Forge, which they're unlikely to discontinue even if they're otherwise pulling away from RPGs.

Edited by Morangias

"Questionable future" is probably a bit on the side of extreme. There has been a bit of a push to contracted work vs actual employed people for several years now, esp in the RPG world.

I called it... I knew this would be the next one. It is their new hot property and they cannot wait to shove it in our faces. Unfortunately my interest in this setting is somewhere around -27%. Hopefully some new cool new talents and rules at least.

THREE WORDS are all I am waiting for... TWILIGHT... IMPERIUM... SETTING...  :D