Sign in to follow this  
Umgrimm

Thematic Expansions yes or no?

Hi, am i the only one who things e-webb expansion should also be a Stormtrooper and scout trooper expansion? I love the e-webb but i dont like the idea of having a Snowtrooper mounting it in the dessert or a forest. It doesn't make sence. 

Also i think every gear related expansion should be for all shorts of troopers for thematic perposes. 

What do you guys think?

And: what is the chance FFG will do this? 

54 minutes ago, Umgrimm said:

Those guys dont exactly are in shooting position.

I Saw them painted along an eweb ans they fit very well ans are "shooting"

Also, using the stormtrooper expension ans the upcoming pack it is not that hard top build stormtrooper ewebs. I Saw some on that forum and i will probably build mine this way

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Umgrimm said:

Those guys dont exactly are in shooting position.

That is the exact same pose as the snowtroopers. One is kneeling as he monitors the generator, the other is manning the gun.

As for gear expansions... I prefer the potential for each corps unit to get their own specialized gear expansion. Optimistic, maybe, but much more interesting. It's also a lot harder to balance heavy weapons when you have to consider it being on, say, snowtroopers and stormtroopers at the same time.

Edited by Squark

I'd really like to see expansion packs for other corps choices too. I think additional choices for shores and snows would be really neat.

It would also be quite cool to see expansions for other unit types. Like batons for scouts or other heavy weapons for death troopers.

Really only need arms but as much as i don't care for inconsistencies within my army, i don't think FFG cares, and the 3rd party fixes are fine. I wish there was a cheaper printing service though.

I see nothing wrong with putting out an expansion set for the units in a generic pose with the interchangable hands so you could pop on or off what you needed (different heavy weapon options, hand held gear or hand held controls for large weapons like the eweb). Would be much better than having the expansions the way they currently are.

2 hours ago, syrath said:

Isn't there something about snowtroopers technically being only first order and the "old snowtroopers" from ESB being adverse condition troopers which means they aren't limited to cold climates

Maybe. But our subculture is bigger than a canon, and if they’re not the vibe you’re going for, then they’re not the vibe you’re going for.  

I’m still not even fully used to calling them snowtroopers instead of Hoth stormtroopers.