Sign in to follow this  
TasteTheRainbow

Scum, Imperial, F/O Preview is up!

1 minute ago, Boreas Mun said:

I don't know but 2 shots from Torani triggering both abilities twice and canceling results with Failsafe could be pretty good.

I'm not seeing a way for Torani to trigger both abilities twice. A friendly G4R would never be a valid target for Snap Shot, and you can't shoot the same target twice with Cluster Missiles.

5 minutes ago, SabineKey said:

Might not be with Clusters and Munitions Failsafe. Throw in Jostero to trigger off G4R, and you might have a damaging little combo. 

4 minutes ago, PhantomFO said:

I could easily see it slotting in at 27-29 points, as it's both IN0 and has Calculate instead of Focus.

Plus, R5-TK is a free upgrade, so stick it on a Y-Wing and call it good. You'd probably also want Jostero in this squad, as G4R seems like a good way to trigger his ability. Jostero, Kavil with a Dorsal turret, and a 30-point G4R come in at 118 points, leaving you with 82ish points to add even more Scummy tricks.

Jihadi Jinga… Won't make cut competitively or trigger in casual games against an opponent who understands the interaction... Still the same "only good against fools and the ignorant" + "go kill yourself you scummy piece of ****" S&V "tricks" have been since 2.0 dropped... 😒

1 minute ago, Hiemfire said:

Jihadi Jinga… Won't make cut competitively or trigger in casual games against an opponent who understands the interaction... Still the same "only good against fools and the ignorant" + "go kill yourself you scummy piece of ****" S&V "tricks" have been since 2.0 dropped... 😒

Perhaps. But I’ll reserve judgement for actual data.

1 hour ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Or regen Jedi:

Sure, you can get that shield back, but in the mean time your loose stabilizer will do another damage or leave you totally exposed...

Why...it's almost as if the Inquisitors were formed to hunt down Jedi!   :)

15 minutes ago, Stay OT Leader said:

Nothing too exciting there.  Roll On the new points!

I am the opposite.  I'll yawn when the new points are released, but am very interested in new pilots.

===

I am not thinking you can get a double Reinforce token on the same side of the ship.  They mention how you can reinforce the other side on the next turn.   Even if not mentioned here, they will surely FAQ it that you can only have one Reinforce token per side.  It's just crazy to have two on the same side.  

===

I feel like G4R-GOR was custom created for me.  I love bumping and generally do it every single chance I can get.  I usually get a few bumps per game in (on purpose, that is).  I am very happy to use him.  I've got at least one list I am thinking of putting him in.

1 hour ago, Dasharr said:

LeHuse isn't very exciting but could fit nicely with /sf Passive Sensor missile squads.

Why isn't Le Huse exciting?  Basically a free TL from other ships?  You can get a FO Tie with a TL and then let the ship with 3 Attack die use it when combined with a Focus?  Action Economy is pretty rare in 2nd Ed and the ability to get both a TL and a Focus in the same turn (without having a TL last turn) is pretty good.  Also works with Cluster Missiles to make both attacks worthwhile.

2 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

Yes. Morna can have double Reinforce by spreading the actions of 2 turns and spending a charge in the first turn's End Phase.

Do you think FFG will change how Reinforce works so that an attacker doesn't have to fully be in 1 arc as long as you have a Reinforce for both front and rear arcs?

1 minute ago, codytx2 said:

Do you think FFG will change how Reinforce works so that an attacker doesn't have to fully be in 1 arc as long as you have a Reinforce for both front and rear arcs?

/shrug

38 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

Why isn't Le Huse exciting?  Basically a free TL from other ships?  You can get a FO Tie with a TL and then let the ship with 3 Attack die use it when combined with a Focus?  Action Economy is pretty rare in 2nd Ed and the ability to get both a TL and a Focus in the same turn (without having a TL last turn) is pretty good.  Also works with Cluster Missiles to make both attacks worthwhile.

It's not really free because another ship has to take the lock (and not spend it themselves). Besides, I'm not saying it's a bad ability - costing will dictate whether it's efficient - but it's not exciting because it's just another way to reroll red dice, which there are already plenty of.

34 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

I agree that Lehuse has a lot of potential.  I think he just lacks an obvious home.  The sf ordinance lists are usually really lean.  

Phasma unlocks an omega ace fanatic swarm which is sweet and she buffs a lot of ships. 

Rush is very versatile and if he is cheap will be really popular.  

3 minutes ago, Matanui3 said:

It’s too bad G4R has no chance of being able to equip Intimidation.

Ya, though if they could I'd be more partial to Squad Leader on them. An okay mobility I0 coordinate with a decent action set to choose from would be useful, which is why Null, along with their "treat as I7" ability, lost the slot.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JBFancourt said:

GUYS..... homing missile fifth bro.....

😁😁😁

I think I may flip Fifth Brother in and Seventh Sister out of my squad. Start running Vader, Fifth Brother and Grand Inquisitor 

Edited by Cgriffith

2 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

That's disgusting. Throw away 30+ points, estimating based on current point costs and that it very doubtful G4R will cost less than Sunny, to deal 1 damage. R5-TK is still a trash upgrade and G4R doesn't change that.

G4R doesn’t need to take damage from the attack to trigger though, and he doesn’t damage himself. Seems like the best use for R5-TK that I’ve ever seen

6 minutes ago, Herowannabe said:

G4R doesn’t need to take damage from the attack to trigger though, and he doesn’t damage himself. Seems like the best use for R5-TK that I’ve ever seen

Now we just need a way to self-deplete a y-wing to lessen likelihood of damage to G4R.

7 minutes ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

Now we just need a way to self-deplete a y-wing to lessen likelihood of damage to G4R.

Just fly G4R out to range 3 and don’t modify your attack (or use a turn 1 lock to reroll your hits).

Y wing with turret, veteran turret gunner and r5tk, combo with G4R and Jostero. 

There is the double tap from the Y, plus a Jostero shot, plus two free crits from G4R. Big chunk of points, but on the rare occasion the combo comes off perfectly, there go two crits and a Jostero bonus shot into the victim. Way more reliable than the Y wing double tap on its own.

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Dasharr said:

It's not really free because another ship has to take the lock (and not spend it themselves). Besides, I'm not saying it's a bad ability - costing will dictate whether it's efficient - but it's not exciting because it's just another way to reroll red dice, which there are already plenty of.

Sure, he takes it from someone else, but that someone else can be a low level Tie Fighter pilot.  I would think that him sacrificing his action to make the Ace's attack better is fine with me.  

I also don't agree that there are a lot of ways to re-roll red dice.  FCS lets him do it if he has a TL and he can only re-roll one.  Spending TL's like normal are another.  I'm not sure what other ways there are for the FO to do it.   

EDIT:  Oh, Predator can work......if in Bullseye Arc and you have the Talent. 

47 minutes ago, reqent said:

I agree that Lehuse has a lot of potential.  I think he just lacks an obvious home.  The sf ordinance lists are usually really lean.  

I think people are over-thinking his ability.  He's a Special Forces Tie that can use someone else's TL for his own.  He gets to re-roll his dice.  If the turret is facing forward, that's 3 Red dice.  If at R1, then that's 4 Red dice.   Also, if he's in the thick of things and has the turret facing the rear, he can get 2 shots and has a chance to actually modify both.   If at R1 of both, that's pretty significant.    

I don't think you really need to build a list that uses his ability (other than having numerous cheap ships that can give that TL).  You don't have to have Missiles to make it work, though just about any missile would work decently enough, but Cluster Missiles are probably best.  

LeHuse is probably much better in Epic Battles, though, as there are more chances to grab a spare TL.

Edited by heychadwick