wyrm187

Question about the word "you"

Does "you" refer to you as the player or your identity card? 2 examples below 

Interrogation room

After "you" defeat a minion exhaust interrogation room, remove 1 threat from a scheme. 

Can an ally trigger that after it destroys a minion or does it have to be your hero?

Tombstone

Forced Response: After Tombstone attacks and damages you, discard a [mental] or [physical] resource from your hand, if able.

Again is it if he damages your identity (hero) or when he damages an ally you control as well?

Ffg are usually very literal with their wording on the rules so I figured instead of "you",  they'd use "your identity card",  "your hero"etc. 

The Rules Reference 1.1 online has some additions including a clarification on this:

YOU

In Marvel Champions, each player takes on the role of a Marvel Hero, represented by the identity card. Essentially, the player is their identity card while playing the game. • While interpreting card text, if the word “you” can be interpreted as referring to the player, it should be interpreted as such. For example, Interrogation Room reads, “After you defeat a minion, exhaust Interrogation Room…” Any time the player controlling this card defeats a minion, the ability may be used. • If a specific character is required to interpret an ability using the word “you,” the identity card is the character that must be used. For example, Toe to Toe reads, “Hero Action (attack): Choose an enemy. That enemy attacks you.” As attacks are directed against individual characters, “you” refers to the identity card of the of the player who played this event.

Thanks i couldn't find that.  So in my second example with tombstone,  if he damaged an ally i control then his ability would trigger? The wording is still a bit confusing

I'd go by this:

"As attacks are directed against individual characters, “you” refers to the identity card of the of the player who played this event."

I think the tombstone one only applies if your hero is attacked and damaged. I would not apply that to allies.

I'm glad you posted the online RRG, I hadn't seen that yet. So a villain 'attacking you' means the player, but 'damaging you' means the identity, because players cannot be damaged.

And yeah, I can confirm I saw a separate ruling that Interrogation Room means you as a player. Any ability or card you control that defeats an enemy.

1 hour ago, Zordren said:

So Spidey’s ability to draw a card after the villain attacks “you” refers to only attacking “Spidey” (and not one of your allies?)

The Spider-Man card draw ability only triggers when the villain initiates an attack. The villain ONLY initiates attacks against heroes. You choose to defend with an ally after you would draw the card for Spider-Man.  So you would get the card even if an ally (or another hero) jumps in front of an attack originally meant for Spider-Man.