daggertx

The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

What is the general consensus of this product? Do you think it would be a good addition to have as a GM for a Star Wars game?

It's a $100 US at Amazon but I have a gift card burning away in my pocket.

Thank you!!

Personally I think it is too old. Granted I'm only seeing the 2008 version. 

If you are planning on using a bunch of Legends material, probably a good pickup. If you are planning on running the current EU, I think I would pass. Pick up a few new sourcebooks or adventure modules. 

The two volume set is a good edition, especially if you plan to pepper a lot of references from canon and Legends alike.  There’s some good stuff to be mined from there, sure some of it’s now “invalid” but there’s still a lot of great stuff inside.  If you’re looking for something more “official,” Ultimate Star Wars by Adam Bray is the official canon reference guide for Star Wars right now.  A new edition was release back in late October:

https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Star-Wars-New-Definitive/dp/1465479007/ref=nodl_

Edited by Gallandro

On 12/27/2019 at 12:33 AM, A7T said:

There's a lot of good info there, but the information within was woefully out of date even when Legends was largely discontinued in 2014.

this is a new version