Sign in to follow this  
Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

Rise of Skywalker’s Xyston-Class Star Destroyer

I mean, saying that offscreen 20 years ago a senator secretly bankrolled a clone army, the tech required to field it, and his all of this from everyone isnt much more of a stretch than the lich king wasnt  as dead as we thought and spent the past 30 years doing the same thing with new tech offscreen.

They spend exactly 0 time explaining the switch from the clone army to the imperial navy, how the republic actually functioned past "there is a Senate", and plenty of other things. To be perfectly honest, the prequel trilogy and the sequel are pretty similar. 1st movie is safe star wars content, 2nd completely ****s up and the 3rd picks up the pieces to try and salvage it.

3 hours ago, Koing907 said:

Does it?

We had an entire series (The Prequels) explaining how the Empire was formed, where it got it's armies and space armadas, how the politics worked, and how the Emperor put himself at the head of that order.

RoS pulled the Emperor out of it's @$$, and then the Emperor proceeded to pull a fleet out of his @$$. No set up, no foreshadowing, Just bigger, more ships, and with more death star guns.

If you want to say that the rest of the moives were just as silly, well, I think I disagree.

That was already my beef with TFA. Where the h3ll got the First Order all the resources to build Starkiller Base and all its warships while being "hidden" on the fringe? Nothing is explained at all in the film.

Then it got amplified by *I have an inferiority complex*Snoke suddenly having a totally ridiculous 60x13x4km ship (militarily wise stupid, and again where are the resources?). Then JJ of course has to top it furthermore, 'ere comes old Palpy back out of nowhere, on a planet which barely can sustainable life, and has a fleet of hundreds (thousands?) of corporation(!) built Destroyers, which just happen to stand stupidly around, which shield conviniently off. How did they or their components even get to Exegol if it is so difficult to get to the world?

Yeah right. 

5 minutes ago, Nyxen said:

I mean, saying that offscreen 20 years ago a senator secretly bankrolled a clone army, the tech required to field it, and his all of this from everyone isnt much more of a stretch than the lich king wasnt  as dead as we thought and spent the past 30 years doing the same thing with new tech offscreen.

The difference is the OT referenced it. They set up the stakes with a 2 minute scene.

It is a huge stretch, and a huge difference, that TFA didn't set up anything like that. RoS is a complete @$$ pull, at the last minute, because the team behind the sequel trilogy don't seem to have the capability to make a coherent story, much less a coherent Star Wars story that spans three films. 

5 minutes ago, Nyxen said:

They spend exactly 0 time explaining the switch from the clone army to the imperial navy, how the republic actually functioned past "there is a Senate", and plenty of other things. To be perfectly honest, the prequel trilogy and the sequel are pretty similar. 1st movie is safe star wars content, 2nd completely ****s up and the 3rd picks up the pieces to try and salvage it.

They showed how the Clones were conditioned to obey the transfer of command in ROTS. They showed the Emperor declare the formation of the Empire, and how the Senate supported it after the defeat of the Seperatists. To say "exactly 0 time explaining" is hyperbolic and disingenuous.

6 hours ago, Koing907 said:

The difference is the OT referenced it. They set up the stakes with a 2 minute scene.

It is a huge stretch, and a huge difference, that TFA didn't set up anything like that. RoS is a complete @$$ pull, at the last minute, because the team behind the sequel trilogy don't seem to have the capability to make a coherent story, much less a coherent Star Wars story that spans three films. 

They showed how the Clones were conditioned to obey the transfer of command in ROTS. They showed the Emperor declare the formation of the Empire, and how the Senate supported it after the defeat of the Seperatists. To say "exactly 0 time explaining" is hyperbolic and disingenuous.

That is one of the most informational scenes in all the movies and carries so much weight with it.  I love this scene. Set up perfectly within 2 min which gave us a brief glance that the Star Wars universe was soo much bigger.