Sign in to follow this  
Jarval

Joining the Cause - Rebel and Resistance pilot preview from Hotshots and Aces

Gina's a bit meh, sadly. 

Obvious synergy with Braylen on the face of it, which I like as it's nice and themey. 

But actually with the new configuration, Braylen has more than enough ways to stress himself and get more action economy at the same time. 

Gina is only useful in the specific situation where Braylen wants to focus, doesn't want to barrel roll, can't fail a linked barrel roll and doesn't want to lock for a cannon double tap. 

I'm just not sure if that's worth it. 

If you want a double tapping B-Wing partner for Braylen who can remove their stress, just take Ten. Not only does he remove stress, he gets action economy out of it as well. 

K-2SO crew looks amazing though. I'm assuming he'll be on the pricier end of Rebel crew cards, but he'll find his way into a ton of lists. My first thought is Lando, to really up his action economy. But as it's the target ship getting the stress, it can buff anything with decent blues. Could make concussion missile A-Wings a bit more viable? 

6 minutes ago, GuacCousteau said:

Gina's a bit meh, sadly. 

Obvious synergy with Braylen on the face of it, which I like as it's nice and themey. 

But actually with the new configuration, Braylen has more than enough ways to stress himself and get more action economy at the same time. 

Gina can also just be a hitter you have in your squad and you shed your stress to someone who doesn’t mind being stressed or has a better way of clearing stress. Let her do whatever she wants for actions and not care, staying in the knife fight. At I5 she will also have a lot of info on the enemy to enable appropriate pick of actions. 

Edited by dsul413

I like Gina as a knife fighter, as if you play her right she'll never be stressed when you come to do moves. So you can do that sweet 1-talon more often. Give her some wingmates that easily shed stress and she'll be very hard to pin down. Rebels as a faction have a bunch of ways (and times) to remove or ignore stress.

1 minute ago, Frimmel said:

Is Kallus going to do much for the VCX? Is he going to get the chassis enough time on the board to be worth the points? 

I dont know but he definitely makes it tougher.  Some of it will depend on the oversll point adjustment the chassis.  The vcx is that ship that can go from underwhelming to oppressive in a hurry.

5 minutes ago, Frimmel said:

Is Kallus going to do much for the VCX? Is he going to get the chassis enough time on the board to be worth the points? 

He turns into the 3rd tankiest ship in the game, only beat by Deci and YV-666 w/reinforce. And the chassis is more maneuverable than either of those.

7 minutes ago, dsul413 said:

Gina can also just be a hitter you have in your squad and you shed your stress to someone who doesn’t mind being stressed or has a better way of clearing stress. Let her do whatever she wants for actions and not care, staying in the knife fight. At I5 she will also have a lot of info on the enemy to enable appropriate pick of actions. 

Like who, though? 

Who doesn't mind getting stressed that you'd want alongside Gina? 

A-Wings have the dial for it, but they want to link actions enough that they're not going to super reliable for it, because they really don't want to be double stressed. 

E-Wings with R4 have the dial for it, and don't often self stress. But they're expensive, and they don't want to move anything like Gina in the B-Wing. 

You could hand it off to Lando, I guess. And Lando can hand off a focus to Gina for double mods/open up her lock for the double tap. But it's going to stop Lando boosting, unless he takes Engine Upgrade. 

And I'm still not sure if there's real value in the two of them as most of a list vs something like Luke and Ten, both of whom can hit like a truck all by themselves now. 

32 minutes ago, GuacCousteau said:

Gina's a bit meh, sadly. 

Gina is only useful in the specific situation where Braylen wants to focus, doesn't want to barrel roll, can't fail a linked barrel roll and doesn't want to lock for a cannon double tap. 

If you want a double tapping B-Wing partner for Braylen who can remove their stress, just take Ten. Not only does he remove stress, he gets action economy out of it as well. 

K-2SO crew looks amazing though. I'm assuming he'll be on the pricier end of Rebel crew cards, but he'll find his way into a ton of lists. My first thought is Lando, to really up his action economy. But as it's the target ship getting the stress, it can buff anything with decent blues. Could make concussion missile A-Wings a bit more viable? 

I think she'll synergize better with Ten Numb. Give both the new config and FCS and give Gina a jamming or tractor beam. She rolls into a lock, passes the stress to Ten to get him double stressed so he can spend both tokens.That's a double modded primary or torpedo from Ten followed by a double modded cannon shot on a target that has already been hit and maybe jammed or tractored by Gina. Ten goes from two stress to none. Rinse wash and repeat as opposing ships melt. 

46 minutes ago, GuacCousteau said:

Gina's a bit meh, sadly. 

I’m thinking Gina is going to be the best candidate for reliable HLC shots thanks to her PS5.