Sign in to follow this  
Pewpewpew BOOM

So what will the Baby Yoda card do?

No lie? I'd just have it grant a force with no other ability.

If it NEEDS an ability. have the player roll a defense die: blank - nothing happens, evade - discard a face up damage card with "Pilot" on it, focus - any ship at range 0-1 receives a stress or strain token. If no ship is at that range, your ship receives 1 stress token and 1 strain token. That last one represents the child's inability to determine friend or foe and force choking them :D 

3 hours ago, Pewpewpew BOOM said:

Baby Yoda (Scum-only Crew) - Eat Soup: you may activate this ability when you are in the bullseye arc of an enemy ship.  At the beginning of the engagement phase, you may spend one charge to prevent that ship firing this turn as its pilot is dazzled by your cuteness. 

The Child: At the start of the engagement phase, you may spend 1 charge (recurring) to choose one enemy ship which has you in it's bullseye arc.  If you do, gain 1 disarm token and that enemy ship may not declare attacks against you. So you can use it to save yourself from an attack, but at the cost of not attacking.

//

While we're doing these, I think I finally came up with a good text for a Boushh Gunner: While performing an attack, you may spend 1 charge and gain 1 stress.  If you do, roll 1 additional attack die and you cannot modify your attack dice.  So it's worse than a focus token or lock (3 dice focus > 4 dice unmodified), but it'd be better than not having traditional dice mods.  I love that it's got a "fearless and inventive" sort of Go-For-Broke mechanic to it.  Embrace the Variance.

Baby Yoda, one reoccurring force charge, After you receive damage from an attack, you may spend 1 force charge to cause your attacker to receive 1 damage   Stress token? or you may spend 1 force charge to repair a damage card. Flip this card.

Back side,  At the end of the combat phase, you may spend 1 force charge to flip this card. 

So at best an every other turn ability, you know because Baby Yoda needs to take a nap after he uses the force. 

Edited by Jo Jo

44 minutes ago, Jo Jo said:

Baby Yoda, one reoccurring force charge, After you receive damage from an attack, you may spend 1 force charge to cause your attacker to receive 1 damage or you may spend 1 force charge to repair a damage card. Flip this card.

Back side,  At the end of the combat phase, you may spend 1 force charge to flip this card. 

So at best an every other turn ability, you know because Baby Yoda needs to take a nap after he uses the force. 

If the designers are listening THIS^^^ is the way 

1 hour ago, Dwing said:

Like the nap part, not the auto damage. To many fragile aces and I would prefer him to heal your own ship rather than punish your opponents. 

Maybe just stress then? 

Baby Yoda, Scum, 1 force, At the start of the engagement phase you may spend one Force and gain one strain token. If you do, all ships at range zero to one must remove either 1 focus, one calculate, or one evade token of your choice. 

He's adorable and cute but also a trouble maker. He distracts enemies, but also can distract friendlies,  and also does his best to crash your ship by playing with that darn shifter knob. 

5 hours ago, Jo Jo said:

Baby Yoda, one reoccurring force charge, After you receive damage from an attack, you may spend 1 force charge to cause your attacker to receive 1 damage or you may spend 1 force charge to repair a damage card. Flip this card.

I really like this! maybe limit it to repair a Pilot critical hit to show off his healing ability and it feels more balanced

I feel like his ability should be charge based, not force based. He isn't well trained enough to use the force helpfully, i.e. thematic ability with risk reward is great not just using his force token to mod attacks.

Maybe charge based, you may spend a charge to X (some interesting ideas already posted) disrupting enemies/healing pilot crits seem cool. Maybe regain the charge by taking stress and a disarm while he waddles around the cockpit playing with the controls or double charge required for ability so it can be used everything other turn s he's napping.

43 minutes ago, Matanui3 said:

No faction restriction, because everyone wants to get their hands on Baby Yoda.

Make the little guy an alternate format objective, Capture the Flag style. The one who has him when the match ends (either round count or game clock, though round count might be preferable) gains +2x points (x=points destroyed by the possessing player) or just a flat victory.

Edited by Hiemfire

4 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

And he died somewhere around 900.

Meaning The Child is halfway to training Jedi.

A 50 year old baby is the hardest part to swallow about this show, especially compared to Yodas lifespan, they really accelerate from baby to old, or Yoda just lived a hard life 😅

It's only odd if you compare it to a human's life span. It takes a human months to learn how to crawl and then walk... well, we're not exactly "done" when we're born. Now, take something like a cow, that calf comes out and is walking around in minutes. So, who says The Child can't be 50 with the appearance of a toddler? This is literally the THIRD canon appearance of Yoda's species we've seen. The first two were WELL beyond their prime. It's very possible that this kid is about to hit puberty and it's going to hit back like a friggin truck... just picture a lanky 2 foot tall Yoda, voice cracking as he talks backwards, hitting on every alien it finds attractive as it seductively eats a frog...

3 hours ago, Dwing said:

A 50 year old baby is the hardest part to swallow about this show, especially compared to Yodas lifespan, they really accelerate from baby to old, or Yoda just lived a hard life 😅

Yoda drank and ate hard, 

3 hours ago, Kehl_Aecea said:

voice cracking as he talks backwards, hitting on every alien it finds attractive as it seductively eats a frog...

I always assumed Yoda had a speech impediment and despite being strong in the force was never able to overcome it.  He did everything else to over-compensate.

What would baby yoda "the kid" crew card do?  According to my watching of the show, he would Coo.