Redblock

New ships for X-wing from Rise of Someone (definitely not Skywalker). (Spoilers)

Just now, InterceptorMad said:

It wasn't an SF, it was a regular old school TIE/LN he grabbed from the Death Star 2 wreckage. Now how that did any hyperdrive jumps is beyond me...

Good catch with it being a TIE/LN. Probably why it took him longer to get to Exegol than Rey. He had to navigate the path from memory

21 minutes ago, Cgriffith said:

Good catch with it being a TIE/LN. Probably why it took him longer to get to Exegol than Rey. He had to navigate the path from memory

But also...at sub-light speed lol Unless Endor and Exogol are really close and it isn't much of a journey. But this is for the off-topic issues thread.

The fact that after all this, all we got was a few rehash designs makes me really sad. I didn't realize how badly I was wanting a whole new chapter in ship design out of these sequels till now.

Like, I get that a lot of people didn't care over much for the prequel ships (and more) but I did like how the totally different designs helped make the setting feel so much bigger. And how they told you a story in the way they were designed for a completely different time and war. 

I mean, I was never a supporter for the E-wing per se, or the K-wing. But I kinda regret that we didn't get that as the resistance design base, and build off those.

I did get the Star fortress though so that's nice. Even if I still don't have any of the models for it 😅

Something  noticed more on my second ROS veiwing; the Whisper looks like it has a very similar (the same?) style rear of the cockpit as the SF, especially looks like it has the back 'window' like the SF has.

Do we think maybe it could have a gunner sometimes but Kylo preferred to go...Solo?

How about a Rey's X-Wing expansion with a T-65 model and a little spray bottle of salt water to complete the look...

Or maybe a "just... people" non-unique crew card for the Resistance.

11 minutes ago, Dasharr said:

How about a Rey's X-Wing expansion with a T-65 model and a little spray bottle of salt water to complete the look...

Or maybe a "just... people" non-unique crew card for the Resistance.

Missed opportunity to make a joke about how damp that cockpit was. =/

On 12/23/2019 at 2:42 PM, Cgriffith said:

Someone suggested it was a modified TIE for the royal guards. 

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Bucknife said:

Resistance Protectorate Starfighter. 

Resistance Lancer Pursuit Craft. 

Resistance N1. 

Resistance T65. 

Resistance Ghost. 

Resistance Rebel Falcon. 

Did I miss anything? 

Resistance that ship that everyone keeps calling the Razor Crest or the Halo or a Wookiee gunship even though it doesn't quite look like any of them.

Oh, and Resistance Fang. Forgot its different names.

Edited by CaptainJaguarShark

13 hours ago, Bucknife said:

Resistance Protectorate Starfighter. 

Resistance Lancer Pursuit Craft. 

Resistance N1. 

Resistance T65. 

Resistance Ghost. 

Resistance Rebel Falcon. 

Did I miss anything? 

No, no, no.

Those folks weren’t Resistance. They were “just people”. I could see a handful of edge cases like the crew on the Falcon (wedge gunner), but most shouldn’t just fall in.

The new Resistance ships from 9 are the Y and B.

12 hours ago, Bucknife said:

Someone suggested it was a modified TIE for the royal guards. 

I’d call that lazy and trying to patch a “whoops”. Just as bad as “he hitched a ride on an off screen gozanti”

On 12/22/2019 at 3:11 AM, Sasajak said:

The TIE/dg opens up the possibility of a generic force user ship for the First Order, it’s a Sith ship after all. 

I don't think anything in the movie suggested that regular Sith soldiers could use the Force.  They serve the Sith Lords, they are not all Sith Lords themselves.

4 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

I don't think anything in the movie suggested that regular Sith soldiers could use the Force.  They serve the Sith Lords, they are not all Sith Lords themselves.

Thank you for saying this, and it's absolutely bizarre to me that it has to be said in the first place.

2 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

I don’t think it’s out of the realms of possibility that there were force users in the Sith Eternal, although the majority would not be.  Besides we’ve got lots of time for supplementary material To the movie!  I can live in hope/fear that they’ll be more official Force users in the sequel era.

On 12/23/2019 at 12:42 PM, Cgriffith said:

It just dawned on me how cool it would have been if he found and used an old Lambda, but with busted-up dorsal and wingtips. Would have a hyperdrive, too.

On 12/22/2019 at 1:47 AM, Phelan Boots said:

I’d kind of forgotten about that particular plot hole.  I’m pretty sure it was an Empire era TIE Fighter that survived a Death Star explosion and shouldn’t be equipped with hyperdrives.  Yet it made it from Endor to the Unknown Region.

I actually quite enjoyed the movie, and it wrapped up a lot of story arcs well.  I just hate how fast and loose they’ve been with “Star Wars physics”.

Star wars has Physics? I think you are confusing it with Star TREK....lol

7 minutes ago, Wayne Argabright said:

Star wars has Physics? I think you are confusing it with Star TREK....lol

It was put in quotes lol as we all know it isn't actual physics. But the universe of Star Wars still has it's own established rules. Just JJ (in Trek or Wars) likes to circumvent/not care about rules in order to tell exciting stories.

How can people on Takodana see beams of light coming from Starkiller to destroy Hosnian Prime? Doesn't matter, cool visual dramatic moment! How did Ben take an old, hyperdrive-less Tie that's been sat rotting for 30 years near the ocean all the way to the unknown regions? DOESN'T MATTER HE COMES IN TO SAVE THE DAY!

3 hours ago, InterceptorMad said:

It was put in quotes lol as we all know it isn't actual physics. But the universe of Star Wars still has it's own established rules. Just JJ (in Trek or Wars) likes to circumvent/not care about rules in order to tell exciting stories.

How can people on Takodana see beams of light coming from Starkiller to destroy Hosnian Prime? Doesn't matter, cool visual dramatic moment! How did Ben take an old, hyperdrive-less Tie that's been sat rotting for 30 years near the ocean all the way to the unknown regions? DOESN'T MATTER HE COMES IN TO SAVE THE DAY!

This guy gets it.

On 1/4/2020 at 2:23 AM, Sasajak said:

I don’t think it’s out of the realms of possibility that there were force users in the Sith Eternal, although the majority would not be.

I'm sure if that's the case though, they'd be organized into a separate unit type, and not just "Some of our Sith Troopers have the Force."

On 1/5/2020 at 2:36 PM, InterceptorMad said:

How can people on Takodana see beams of light coming from Starkiller to destroy Hosnian Prime? 

This absolutely massive stupidity people accept, but froth at the mouth of arcing shots in TLJ. As well as they accept that TFA Hyperspace jumping under a planetary shield suddenly is a thing, invalidating both Endor in RotJ and Scarif in R1.

Also, the Hypersperspace stutter/skippy jumping at the start of  Ros is throwing over board ALL the rules. Suddenly you can calculate jumps in 0.5secs, follow a jumping ship in 0.5s, so even less calc time for the pursuers!! Tracking from small snubfighters nevertheless! And immediately jump again (no upload time or straight line acceleration to light speed for your hyperdrive neccessary all of a sudden).

And without crashing into anything neither in hyperspace nor when rematerialising. Remember what Han says about careful calculation to avoid ending up in another star? (Real world objects mass shadows, and where you end up while jumping out)

"Without precise calculations, we'd fly right through a star, bounce too close to a supernova, and that'd end your trip real quick, wouldn't it?"