Redblock

New ships for X-wing from Rise of Someone (definitely not Skywalker). (Spoilers)

So after viewing Rise I found the only thing really interesting X-wing players, what new ships we will be getting, except those already spoiled in trailers. 

1 New most likely Scum Ship with ability to stay in desert indefinitely and still work just fine. Has around 500% more screen time compared to quadjumper, so we are getting it. Will have few crew slots (like Scum needs more crew carriers)

2 Knights of Ren transport with smoke cover mechanics, because smoke in space..... Most likely for First order

3 Resistance Horse transport. Will need new upgrade type - cavalry regiment. Of course you can find 20 more if you nitpick final battle after getting blueray

Bonus. Round dish Falcon now legal for resistance, no TO can say anything :D 

Resistance B Wing. S-foils closed: You may not flip this card. 

Hotshots 2: Generic Resistance pilot card for every single rebel/scum ship in the game.

Poe in the Falcon seems unworth it.

Rey in a T-65 almost makes me want.

Resistance Y Wing- concentrated batteries. 2 charges for an extra die on the primary. Linked to a red barrel roll to make it thematic and unhelpful. 

4 hours ago, Minaith said:

Not a ship, but a First Order Palpatine crew. 4 Force charges. He can spend 4 Force charges to put 4 ion tokens on every enemy ship.

Pah, with that loadout? He wouldn't even be able to get off the ground!

A General Pryde crew card, however...now that would be interesting.

"Friendly ships may measure range from your ship, instead of their own. When you are destroyed, each friendly ship gains a stress token and a deplete token."

Or something? I dunno, he didn't really strike me as doing much, except being an even more ruthless and fanatical Hux.

EDIT: I should clarify what I meant - new Palp would be an environment card instead - "All First Order ships discard their shields during setup, and are destroyed if they suffer the Damaged Weapon critical. At the end of every fourth round, all Resistance ships gain 4 Ion tokens."

Edited by Kreen

38 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

If we dont get a separate Tie Whisper ill be disappointed. That ship is **** cool looking and different in scale/function. One was a capital ship killer. The whisper seems much more like a fighter/interceptor. So much potential beyond a title.

The irony is that the TIE/vn only takes munitions for very specific reasons.

Maybe instead of autos, the Whisper has linked actions and ignores obstacles? Thematic, but stupid. Maybe a bullseye r1-2 ability.

2 hours ago, Des Darklighter said:

Also Kylo flew what looked like an old TIE fighter when he went to Exogal at the end of the movie.

I’d kind of forgotten about that particular plot hole.  I’m pretty sure it was an Empire era TIE Fighter that survived a Death Star explosion and shouldn’t be equipped with hyperdrives.  Yet it made it from Endor to the Unknown Region.

I actually quite enjoyed the movie, and it wrapped up a lot of story arcs well.  I just hate how fast and loose they’ve been with “Star Wars physics”.

On the First Order front there’s a couple of new interesting ships in the TIE/wi modified interceptor and the TIE/dg starfighter.

How FFG will differentiate the TIE/vn from the TIE/wi will be interesting but the changes in design means a new model is warranted.  Apparently the TIE/wi has some sort of stealth technology so maybe the ship ability will be based on that rather than another Autothrusters ship.

The TIE/dg opens up the possibility of a generic force user ship for the First Order, it’s a Sith ship after all.  At the moment doesn’t appear to have shields so denying access to Fanatical with a force slot instead may make sense.  It has four cannons so it might  be a 3 attack ship, but I don’t see the harm in it being a 2 attack ship but with some sort of 3 attack option maybe like the TIE Advanced x1, which will differentiate it from the TIE/fo.

4 hours ago, Sasajak said:

The TIE/dg opens up the possibility of a generic force user ship for the First Order, it’s a Sith ship after all. 

This occurred to me, too. It’s probably Sith cultists flying the thing, right?

I feel like there’s a lot of story potential in a world full of Sith cultists just by itself. And then you figure it’s probably mostly them crewing all those ISDs? We could be getting plenty of weird & wild FO crew from that!

Once I see the movie I might make a home brew or two for anything that's got a cool gimmick.

16 hours ago, Redblock said:

Knights of Ren transport with smoke cover mechanics, because smoke in space..... Most likely for First order

This has me excited.

6 hours ago, Sasajak said:

The TIE/dg opens up the possibility of a generic force user ship for the First Order, it’s a Sith ship after all.  At the moment doesn’t appear to have shields so denying access to Fanatical with a force slot instead may make sense.  It has four cannons so it might  be a 3 attack ship, but I don’t see the harm in it being a 2 attack ship but with some sort of 3 attack option maybe like the TIE Advanced x1, which will differentiate it from the TIE/fo.

2 primary but give it an extra attack die if the defender is in its bull's eye arc.

The knights of Ren transport is really exciting.  No ideal how it will work but it will probably get an illicit slot to keep with their outlaw theme.

Zorri Bliss will be the resistance captain Ahav!

So as we are in Spoiler territory....

...and I full accept this is a VERY out-there theory.......

But what if the TIE whisper is a Resistance Ship?

We see both Rey and Ben Solo flying it, and it would be quite difficult for FFG to make it significantly different from the Silencer outside of a title card, but having it in the Resistance faction it could be a unique pilot only ship like the rebel attack shuttle and Captured TIE.

As to the other ships,

Resistance Y wing seems almost certain to be in the game, as does the troop/horse carrier.

As a scum player, I'd love to have the bounty-hunters ship, perhaps as a medium based ship?

I'd also like to see the Knights of Ten transport make it to the First Order, though I didn't really get a good sense of size for it, so I'm not sure if it would be medium, large, or huge base

I think there is enough stuff in the pipeline that ffg can take their time with the whisper and the t 85.   I think the ren transport is a large base.  I'm not opposed to a ship having options for multiple factions it worked with the scurg.

The real winners were FO fans that want a legion army.  All the tools were there.