Jump to content
BiggsIRL

5th Annual Vassal World Cup

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, deDios said:

@CommanderDave, @JJs Juggernaut, and @PartyPotato and I can have pity PODdy....

Maybe winner gets one of those shiny participation certificates. :)

Q: I see that better players have me 3 to 1....

A) "I like those odds."
B) "Never tell me the odds."
C) "I have a bad feeling about this."
D) "E Chu Ta"
D) All of the above.

Have a great tourney all, and thanks Biggs for putting in the grind.

If you want to do a "whoops, missed it" POD then by all means do so!  I'll even track the points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, deDios said:

@CommanderDave, @JJs Juggernaut, and @PartyPotato and I can have pity PODdy....

Maybe winner gets one of those shiny participation certificates. :)

Q: I see that better players have me 3 to 1....

A) "I like those odds."
B) "Never tell me the odds."
C) "I have a bad feeling about this."
D) "E Chu Ta"
D) All of the above.

Have a great tourney all, and thanks Biggs for putting in the grind.

Count me in on the Pod of rejects.  

I just saw that the tournament may have been short a couple entrants and I’ll be damned if I let that happen... so of course I dusted off my list from the last Vassal Worlds.  I’m sure nothings really changed since last year :).   Ready for face down these SSDs, STDs, Chickenhawks, super weapons... whatevs... JerJer and his two trusty VSDs are ready...

Edited by PartyPotato
Spelling is hard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.steelstrategy.com/p/2020-vwc-pod-h-naaus.html

North America AND Australia represented!

The Jabbawookie - heads up the POD with ONE BIG ACTIVATION.

LTD - comes from down under with an Ackbar CR90A / YT swarm

Admiral Theia - forgot that Raddus can't drop Starhawks and has chosen to move Raddus to the Starhawk instead of having a useless commander.

Cael - brings another Motti to the party with a Cymoon, VSD 1, DCap Dictor.  That's a lot of hull!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

General Romodi and Dust Fields:

Romodi:  "if the attack is obstructed by a ship or obstacle, the attacker does not remove a die"

Dust Fields:  "A ship that traces line of sight across a dust field while attacking a ship or squadron cannot perform that attack"

Therefor:  Romodi cannot shoot through Dust Fields.  He does not cancel all things that an obstacle can do, just obstruction.  Dust Field's line of sight ability is not obstruction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BiggsIRL said:

General Romodi and Dust Fields:

Romodi:  "if the attack is obstructed by a ship or obstacle, the attacker does not remove a die"

Dust Fields:  "A ship that traces line of sight across a dust field while attacking a ship or squadron cannot perform that attack"

Therefor:  Romodi cannot shoot through Dust Fields.  He does not cancel all things that an obstacle can do, just obstruction.  Dust Field's line of sight ability is not obstruction.

Can you make a ruling on using a ship/squad to 'bridge' a dust cloud?

Edit: ruling was already made in Discord server, but should be posted here also.

Edited by Green Knight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well you did the other list i was pondering had 23 bid ;) 

Any way your fleet is really interesting Tokra i would love to see it in action will you be doing replay files for your games??:) 

Edited by Green Squadron 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Green Squadron 3 said:

Well you did the other list i was pondering had 23 bid ;) 

Any way your fleet is really interesting Tokra i would love to see it in action will you be doing replay files for your games??:) 

i wil try to make logs.

I am not sure how Moralo will work against Onager and Starhawk (had no time to test). But i am afraid that the Onagers will totally rip me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tokra said:

i wil try to make logs.

I am not sure how Moralo will work against Onager and Starhawk (had no time to test). But i am afraid that the Onagers will totally rip me.

While I am sure that you will find something to prevent this, I would encourage all players to make logs!

I am more than interested in the play-tests of Onagers and Starhawks. Okay, Pod C might be a bit boring because in any case a Starhawk will win but I really look foward to the experience in Pod A.

And in POD C, all Starhawks should not fight each other but assemble and attack the other PODs!

😉

Edited by Beginner2Winner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Green Knight said:

Can you make a ruling on using a ship/squad to 'bridge' a dust cloud?

Edit: ruling was already made in Discord server, but should be posted here also.

It's super easy to move ships in vassal.  No bridges.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...