BiggsIRL

5th Annual Vassal World Cup

On 12/20/2019 at 9:40 PM, BiggsIRL said:

CAUTION:  If something is FAQ'd for the official tournament, and FFG releases a DIFFERENT FAQ ruling after the tournament has started, the tournament FAQ will take precedence.

Unfortunately with lists already being locked, and assuming they were built with understanding of specific rules in mind, I can't change mid-tournament.

Hopefully everything is released and an FAQ is dropped first and this is all moot.

8 minutes ago, Maturin said:

Unfortunately I’m going to have to withdraw from the tourney.  Medical issues in the family will take up a fair amount of my time in Jan/Feb so I think it’d be unfair to my opponents...so sorry!  Was looking forward to this.  Next year!

Sorry to hear that, hope things work out okay!

****, even though I have a spot reserved from coming in the top 4 from the previous tournie, I'm going to be too busy fixing an apparently crumbling house and coaching skiing to submit a list. Good luck to the participants!

On 12/30/2019 at 4:37 PM, BiggsIRL said:

Huge Ships and Surprise Attack:

Surprise Attack does not overwrite all the huge ship deployment rules, however it does overwrite the sentence related to being able to deploy overlapping obstacles, as it must overlap the station.  As a corollary to this, it may overlap additional obstacles.

Just wanted to clarify the "may overlap" part here - can the SSD player overlap other obstacles at will, or do they have to first try their best to fit the SSD in without overlapping?

27 minutes ago, jp82729 said:

Just wanted to clarify the "may overlap" part here - can the SSD player overlap other obstacles at will, or do they have to first try their best to fit the SSD in without overlapping?

At will

1 hour ago, Truthiness said:

Oh thank God. So uhhh....how many people have to re-do their lists =D

Its wrong that my immediate thought was "I don't know.  If they were playing Raddus they were already dead to me..."  ;)

No worries, I will upload something soon!

But after the death of my Raddus-Starhawk-idea and the change of Raddus in general (I was (or am...?) a raddus player), I need to re-think about my fleet and play one, two games with it...

On 12/20/2019 at 9:40 PM, BiggsIRL said:

Pre-qualified Players

2016 World Cup Champion - Clontroper5 (1)
2017 World Cup Champion - JJs Juggernaut (2)
2019 World Cup Champion - NebulonB (3)

Short Straw Award (#33 to a 32 player World Cup) - Ling27 (4)
2019 World Cup Top 4 - mhd (7)
Summer Tournament Top 4 - RealVeers (8)
Summer Tournament Top 4 - TigerKommandant (10)
Fall Tournament Top 9 - Rikash (14)
Fall Tournament Top 9 - Zamalekite (16)

Slot #3 - Maturin
Slot #5 - Beanicus
Slot #7 - Keskai 
Slot #8 - l3ct3r
Slot #11 - Beginner2Winner
Slot #12 - duck_bird

Alternates

Alternate #1 - Admiral Theia

At Large

You!  Yes, you!

The following players have not submitted a list yet for the tournament:

@clontroper5, @JJs Juggernaut, @NebulonB, @Ling27, @mhd, @RealVeers, @TigerKommandant, @Rikash, @Zamalekite, @Maturin, @Beanicus, @Keskai, @l3ct3r, @Beginner2Winner, @duck_bird, @Admiral Theia