I'm new to Journeys in Middle-earth - bought the box and the Villains of Eriador pack in the last week. All I've done so far is install the app, punch out tiles, and taken stock of the minis.

Out of curiosity, does the Midde-earth Gamemat serve any purpose in play? Or is it just a shiny bit of swag to cover your dining table with? I'm curious if it's worth a purchase, or if I should save my pennies and consider buying some of the various 3rd party token 'upgrades' or terrain packs I see on Etsy.

19 hours ago, K Peterson said:

I caved and bought the map. It's pretty gosh-darn nice. 

Sure is. I think it just increases my immersion in the game. I also use it when playing the LCG, and prefer it to the 4-player mat that was originally produced for the LCG several years ago.

On 3/6/2020 at 9:39 AM, Jedi Bendu said:

The mat is afaik sold out everywhere. (except at the FFG site but shipping is more than the mat itself!)

Any idea if it will become available again on stores, Amazon etc?

I sent them an email asking and have not heard back. I hope they do as I really want one 😭

7 hours ago, Iron_Warrior said:

I sent them an email asking and have not heard back. I hope they do as I really want one 😭

I'd be surprised if you get a response any time soon. FFG has pushed back game releases and with the global shutdown for this whole virus thing. I suspect game mats will be sold out for a while yet.

Yes, its a beautiful map. The only thing I find pity is the way they made the letters look old. The ageing works good for the colors and stains but the blurring of the letters on places and towns is sometimes a bit too much especially for the small names.

I can't stress this enough: this map is a must have if you're going for an immersive journey through Middle Earth in this game. The detailing looks nice (I'm having nearly no trouble to read with the vague font), and it is top notch quality!

On 5/11/2020 at 4:29 PM, Witje said:

I can't stress this enough: this map is a must have if you're going for an immersive journey through Middle Earth in this game.

I got mine half considering hanging it up on the wall.

On 6/29/2020 at 3:43 PM, Liggur90 said:

This is showing Out of Stock again. Is this being reprinted again?

Very likely. FFG is not the best at restocking, especially at a time like this where supplies to make and ship products is quite hindered with the whole virus thing.

Found a Canadian game shop online that has a few in stock if anyone is still interested. Got here pretty fast even though I live in Texas. 

20 hours ago, Thaeggan said:

Very likely. FFG is not the best at restocking, especially at a time like this where supplies to make and ship products is quite hindered with the whole virus thing.

https://levalet.com/en/journeys-in-middle-earth-playmat.html