Sign in to follow this  
Tbetts94

Point Changes: Your Christmas Wishlist

What is everyone’s wishlist when it comes to the point changes? What would you like to go up? Come down? Hyperspace changes?

This is a wishlist, not a prediction thread.

My wishlist:

Resistance Falcon or its toys come down. You need 30 points of upgrades practically to make it a bad version of the Rebel Falcon.

Luke Pilot come down a couple points, so he’s not outclassed by Republic Jedi as much.

Ensnare to receive an increase that essentially bans it.

Hyperspace to have ships rotated out and factions don’t have ships with the same purpose in the format at the same time. For instance, Strikers/Interceptors, Z-95s/Ties/Syck, etc

The prequel factions need some adjustment, though preferably not overcorrection. Stuff like Jedi should be brought in-line with the field, not obliterated. 

Some adjustments down in Scum would be nice for some of the lessor used ships and pilots. SCYKs coming down would be real nice.

An attempt to give Hyperspace more personality would also be nice.

Increase to regen and on the Force users. Dropping a few points from that poor TIE Aggressor. Nerfing the nantex until it stings, these are a few of my favorite things.

When Wedge goes up. When Vader loses bling. When I'm feeling mad. I simply remember my favorite things, and then I don't feel so bad.

1 hour ago, Quack Shot said:

Ensnare to receive an increase that essentially bans it.

Please, it's already this way. The one big abuser is Sun Fac, and he's not really being played in any kind of oppressive list. True, maybe it does feel bad to play against it, same as with 5-Yions or supernatural kylo, but he's nowhere near the meta-warping menace people thought he would be. It's just that people don't like it when the other player is moving their toys.

Personally, even though I know it won't happen, I wish for the Tie-Agressor to gain the same linked action to rotate that the Tie-SF has. On paper the ship should be good enough to act as a cheap SF, maybe with 2 points knocked down to better reflect the 1 shield less it has. But even then I think something is missing from the ship. Either rotate link to have a better time on target and be able to move in any direction and still get shot, or really cheaper so you can just spam them.

1 minute ago, Quack Shot said:

If that’s true, then why is it still being taken and winning? Both Pax and Crossroads were just won with Ensnare. 

Pax was a Chertek-ensnare, with sear and a bunch of vultures right? 
If that's the one, then really, the problem I think is more with sear and vultures. If you look at every event, the thing that comes back is that sear + vultures is extremely efficient. Adding some toys to that is bound to be good, but (not having seen the game, so can't comment with accuracy) i'm sure that Chertek, and especially ensnare, is not what made that player win.

I'll omit the usual "force and high init need a bit of a nerf."  That's like socks, or candy canes or such.  Don't gotta put that on the wishlist.

• Generic Resistance Falcon to 3-per-list, and the only 3-per-list turret with three red dice for now.
    • Corollory? 4 E-Wings or 4 TIE Silencers?  But then I'd have to find a 4th 1e Silencer...  I could go either way on these.
  • TIE/sf with Special Forces Gunner down.  Without the gunner it doesn't need help (and maybe needs a nerf? I'm not wishing for it, but wouldn't hate it), but the gunner version fun ship which I'd love to see get a bit better.
  • I think I'd like to see a further nerf to Barrage Rockets, and a buff to double-missile ships.  While BR are surprisingly wholesome as 3-dice attacks, their existence leads to all the 2-missile ships being overpriced.

16 minutes ago, DarthSempai said:

If that's the one, then really, the problem I think is more with sear and vultures. If you look at every event, the thing that comes back is that sear + vultures is extremely efficient. Adding some toys to that is bound to be good, but (not having seen the game, so can't comment with accuracy) i'm sure that Chertek, and especially ensnare, is not what made that player win.

If it’s currently priced out of play like you suggest, players wouldn’t be taking it and ruining the efficiency of their squad. 

Anyhow, my Nantex wishlist:

• 1. Errata "execute" on the ship ability to "fully execute" so that better counter-play exists.  Being strong aces, with strong control, and being block-resistant is too much.
    • 1.b. Corrolory: "Fully execute" abilities don't work when you go over obstacles as a rules-change.
  • 2. Slight touch in Nantex price.  4 Ensnare Init 4s shouldn't exist.  Granted, it'd be easy to swap in some form of Grievous as the 4th ship, or DBS-404, but 4 Init 4 Ensnare should be break-pointed.  I'm also fine with shifting more of the price to Ensnare, so that non-Ensnare versions aren't so expensive.
    • The Nantex has a bunch of potential to be a cool ship, with a cool movement trick and the turret/bullseye combo, and an open dial.  Ensnare is just toxic.

1 minute ago, theBitterFig said:
    • The Nantex has a bunch of potential to be a cool ship, with a cool movement trick and the turret/bullseye combo, and an open dial.  Ensnare is just toxic.

ensnare to 200

nantex to like, striker levels

errata chertek/sun fac to say "while YOU are tractored" and pinpoint to say "fully execute"

IG-88 pilots down 1.

Hyenas all down 5%.

5bro up 1.

Everything i5-i6 and access to any form of double repo, including afterburners up 2.

All Starfortresses down 2.

Named torrents and arcs of all factions down.

Ensnare retconned to have never existed, and all Nantexes down.

Soulless One stays put.

10 minutes ago, Ablazoned said:

Citation needed.  I've seen lots of lively discussion and no consensus.

source:

1 hour ago, DarthSempai said: