Hiemfire

Reminder: FFG New Ship Preview livestream Today, Tues the 17th

33 minutes ago, KCDodger said:

So what does Deplete do?

exactly what pretty much everyone thought it would, its like a strain token but for attack dice.

Edit:

I really should refresh more often before replying to posts haha

Edited by Mace Windu

4 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

Deplete: Red Token, -1 attack die. Applies to any attack the depleted ship makes.  Goes away after a blue maneuver.

3 hours ago, Mace Windu said:

exactly what pretty much everyone thought it would, its like a strain token but for attack dice.

Edit:

I really should refresh more often before replying to posts haha

Huh, go figure. Wonder what the fluff for that is.

EDIT: Oh **** this is HORRIBLE for 2-firepower ship play.

Edited by KCDodger

Can someone explain R1-J5 to me?

While you have 2 or fewer stress tokens, you can perform actions on damage cards even while stressed. 

After you repair a damage card with the Ship trait, you may spend 1  to repair that card again.

Why would I want to repair a card again?

Edited by XPav

4 minutes ago, XPav said:

Can someone explain R1-J5 to me?

While you have 2 or fewer stress tokens, you can perform actions on damage cards even while stressed. 

After you repair a damage card with the Ship trait, you may spend 1  to repair that card again.

Why would I want to repair a card again?

When you use an action on a face up damage card it flips the card face down.

When you repair a face down damage card it removes the damage card all together.

so basically this card allows you to repair face up crit damage with the Ship type and remove the damage card completely rather than just flipping it over.

9 hours ago, Mace Windu said:

When you use an action on a face up damage card it flips the card face down.

When you repair a face down damage card it removes the damage card all together.

so basically this card allows you to repair face up crit damage with the Ship type and remove the damage card completely rather than just flipping it over.

Some damage cards automatically repair after their effect triggers (Direct Hit, Disabled Power Regulator, Panicked Pilot, etc.) and you'd be able to trigger R1-J5 then as well to discard the repaired damage card.

*edit - Panicked Pilot has this auto repair wording but wouldn't work with R1-J5 because its ability specifies the "Ship" trait.

Edited by Transmogrifier

18 minutes ago, Transmogrifier said:

Some damage cards automatically repair after their effect triggers (Direct Hit, Disabled Power Regulator, Panicked Pilot, etc.) and you'd be able to trigger R1-J5 then as well to discard the repaired damage card.

So:

• Direct Hit -- suffer 1 damage, then repair.  Take the damage,  repair Direct hit, then trigger R1-J5 and repair the now face-down (so nearly nulls Direct Hit cards)
  • Disabled Power Regulator -- do Ion manuever, repair card, trigger R1-J5 and repair the now face-down 

It's not going to be cheap!

27 minutes ago, XPav said:

Direct Hit -- suffer 1 damage, then repair.  Take the damage,  repair Direct hit, then trigger R1-J5 and repair the now face-down (so nearly nulls Direct Hit cards)

Unfortunately no. There’s no action to repair it because it already got repaired when it went face down (right after it was dealt).

Panicked Pilot might be worth twice-fixing so it doesn’t strike again, as would hull breach, sensor array, or power regulator.

I think the ideal crits for the fireball to expose would be stunned pilot, blinded pilot, or fuel leak if you’re that confident in your positioning...

But structural damage and direct hit will be awful because nothing but R5 can fix them.

Edited by ClassicalMoser

17 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Unfortunately no. There’s no action to repair it because it already got repaired when it went face down (right after it was dealt).

Panicked Pilot might be worth twice-fixing so it doesn’t strike again, as would hull breach, sensor array, or power regulator.

I think the ideal crits for the fireball to expose would be stunned pilot, blinded pilot, or fuel leak if you’re that confident in your positioning...

But structural damage and direct hit will be awful because nothing but R5 can fix them.

Let's break this down, because I consider the 2 paragraphs seperate:

A70D6B90-9D35-4B0E-AAB5-77AC13FDC1AD.jpe

First paragraph -- damage cards with actions that, due to this card, can have their actions executed even when stressed are:

• Blinded Pilot
  • Wounded Pilot
  • Console Fire 
  • Weapons Failure 
  • Hull Breach 
  • Damaged Sensor Array 
  • Loose Stabilizer 
  • Fuel Leak 

Second paragraph - Ship trait only cards, that use the Action: Repair, so a pretty easy follow-on to a normal repair or a repair-when-red like in the first paragraph:

• Console Fire
  • Weapons Failure 
  • Hull Breach 
  • Damaged Sensor Array 
  • Loose Stabilizer 
  • Fuel Leak 

And then the odd balls (bold italics mine)

• Disabled Power Regulator - Before you engage, gain 1 ion token.  After you execute an ion maneuver, repair this card.
  • Direct Hit - Suffer 1 hit damage. Then repair this card.

So the question is: does the second paragraph require one to use a repair action, or is it independent?

Cards that can't be fixed at all with this card are:

• Stunned Pilot
  • Damaged Engine
  • Structural Damage
Edited by XPav

28 minutes ago, XPav said:

• Stunned Pilot
  • Damaged Engine
  • Structural Damage

Though in combination with Novice Tech these two are fair game for the second paragraph of R1-J5's ability...

Novice Technician

Edited by Hiemfire

46 minutes ago, XPav said:

Let's break this down, because I consider the 2 paragraphs seperate:

A70D6B90-9D35-4B0E-AAB5-77AC13FDC1AD.jpe

First paragraph -- damage cards with actions that, due to this card, can have their actions executed even when stressed are:

• Blinded Pilot
  • Wounded Pilot
  • Console Fire 
  • Weapons Failure 
  • Hull Breach 
  • Damaged Sensor Array 
  • Loose Stabilizer 
  • Fuel Leak 

Second paragraph - Ship trait only cards, that use the Action: Repair, so a pretty easy follow-on to a normal repair or a repair-when-red like in the first paragraph:

• Console Fire
  • Weapons Failure 
  • Hull Breach 
  • Damaged Sensor Array 
  • Loose Stabilizer 
  • Fuel Leak 

And then the odd balls (bold italics mine)

• Disabled Power Regulator - Before you engage, gain 1 ion token.  After you execute an ion maneuver, repair this card.
  • Direct Hit - Suffer 1 hit damage. Then repair this card.

So the question is: does the second paragraph require one to use a repair action, or is it independent?

• Stunned Pilot
  • Damaged Engine
  • Structural Damage

Aha, you got me. Direct Hit only requires the charge be spent.

Incidentally, this would also apply to loose stabilizer, Fuel Leak, etc. should the conditions be met, but then you have a different damage card to deal with. That’s pretty cool, and this mech will probably end up around 7 points if I understand correctly.

So also... the Panicked Pilot will keep coming back no matter what. He can fix your ship, but he can’t fix you! Great thematics there.

3 hours ago, CoffeeMinion said:

Was there any word about what the Jumpmaster guy does? Other than being I1.

Gotta admit, I was very much hoping that the I5 opening would get filled, not the I1. The Jump needs some love.

There was not - the stream was focused on sequel factions, and the only non-sequel stuff we saw was the b-wing s-foils I believe.

The jump does indeed need love, but I don't have a problem with the pilot being i1. With such a large base and unwieldy dial, moving late makes it very easy to block, and the red barrel roll means you can't do much repositioning anyway. On the flipside, moving early means you can block other people instead, which is great. Furthermore, i1 means the pilot will probably be cheap, which is good news.

6 minutes ago, gadwag said:

There was not - the stream was focused on sequel factions, and the only non-sequel stuff we saw was the b-wing s-foils I believe.

The jump does indeed need love, but I don't have a problem with the pilot being i1. With such a large base and unwieldy dial, moving late makes it very easy to block, and the red barrel roll means you can't do much repositioning anyway. On the flipside, moving early means you can block other people instead, which is great. Furthermore, i1 means the pilot will probably be cheap, which is good news.

Follow-up thought: Maybe the new jumpmaster and scyk pilots will actually have abilities that hinder them and thus come in at dirt cheap prices (similar to the fireball ship ability).

10 minutes ago, gadwag said:

Follow-up thought: Maybe the new jumpmaster and scyk pilots will actually have abilities that hinder them and thus come in at dirt cheap prices (similar to the fireball ship ability).

You realize the Fireball's ship ability isn't a "hindrance" right? Being able to toss a disarm token, even riskily, is **** powerful.

3 hours ago, Transmogrifier said:

Is suffering the effect of a damage card and then flipping it 'repairing' it?

7 minutes ago, Cuz05 said:

Is suffering the effect of a damage card and then flipping it 'repairing' it?

Yes, because the way those cards tell you to flip them is by saying 'then repair this card.'

8 hours ago, CoffeeMinion said:

Was there any word about what the Jumpmaster guy does? Other than being I1.

Gotta admit, I was very much hoping that the I5 opening would get filled, not the I1. The Jump needs some love.

Jump is, I’m afraid, perpetually shoved in the corner because of the 1.0 ptsd it caused. I don’t agree with it, I don’t like it, but I accept it.

No, the only thing we got from it was the ship punch so no clue what else is special about him. The only ones with more info were the Resistance and FO pilots plus the bwing sfoils.

6 hours ago, ClassicalMoser said:

The second paragraph / clause about spending charges to repair it again doesn’t say it had to be from an action, so yes, assuming you are not destroyed by the direct hit and the second card, as you flip the direct hit after taking the second card (it says repair on the crit) you can pop a charge and chuck it. They even said so on stream - and clarified because of timing if the bonus damage from direct kills you that you may not because that threshold was reached.

11 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

Deplete: Red Token, -1 attack die. Applies to any attack the depleted ship makes.  Goes away after a blue maneuver.

Refresh my memory, these red tokens get removed by Blue moves, right?   Also, if you were Depleted, Strained, and Stressed, one Blue move would clear them all, right?   Or am I wrong?