Caimheul1313

Upgrades and Luke spotted in German store

I’d like to hope FFG and Asmodee are done with worldwide synchronized releases.

They are no good at them.

I’m just going to mind my business over here and keep painting my clone core set forces. Good for Europe! Hopefully I’ll have gotten my forces done in time for some heavy weapons to go into the paint queue.

Yes can confirm. Asmodee Germany released the Trooper Upgrades, Luke Op and Vader Op (and the Onager from Armada) today Germany wide. I guess they don't like letting the stock sit in the warehouse over the Christmas holidays.

Note that this only concerns the German versions since Asmodee Germany does not distribute english Legion products.

Edited by Decarior

3 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

I saw that on FB a little bit ago.  Can't say I'm surprised; FFG/Asmodee really does suck at this.  Maybe, if we're lucky, we'll get these in the States before the end of the year.  Not holding my breath, however. 

Especially since these are the German language version, so no guarantees the English language version is done production.

It was just an interesting data point I decided to share here.

Some people complain if product is released in another country before theirs, other people complain if they have to wait longer because of a global simultaneous release requirement. There is no way to make all people happy.

Curios if Asmodee UK will release their product as well since this where I ultimately get my english Legion products from here in Germany.

Just now, Decarior said:

Some people complain if product is released in another country before theirs, other people complain if they have to wait longer because of a global simultaneous release requirement. There is no way to make all people happy.

Curios if Asmodee UK will release their product as well since this where I ultimately get my english Legion products from here in Germany.

no what make people mad are the fact that they say its a global delay and then this crap happens. If i was told hey european product is done and we are releasing it, but english still has some stuff to be produced i wouldnt be mad at all since i was made aware of the situation

21 minutes ago, shuntley said:

no what make people mad are the fact that they say its a global delay and then this crap happens. If i was told hey european product is done and we are releasing it, but english still has some stuff to be produced i wouldnt be mad at all since i was made aware of the situation

Agreed - their biggest problem is communication followed by how consistently they follow their own communication with execution of said plan.

57 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

I’m just going to mind my business over here and keep painting my clone core set forces. Good for Europe! Hopefully I’ll have gotten my forces done in time for some heavy weapons to go into the paint queue.

Pretty much this. As long as we'll get them eventually I'll just keep on until they arrive. 

I have a con exclusive obiwan to reproduce after all...

13 minutes ago, arnoldrew said:

Don't we already know everything that comes in the boxes? I don't really "get" unboxing videos unless there are still unrevealed cards.

I’m more interested in the physical models themselves; especially the frames for the droids, and how they handled the bunker, whether if it’s on frames or clipped out and bagged like the BARC speeder.

2 minutes ago, joewrightgm said:

I’m more interested in the physical models themselves; especially the frames for the droids, and how they handled the bunker, whether if it’s on frames or clipped out and bagged like the BARC speeder.

Ah, I see. I don't really care about that stuff so I forget that other people do.

2 hours ago, Caimheul1313 said:

79232153_3144699195546633_17773178156702

Looks like another situation like Rex and Dooku, if we're lucky. Or Asmodee/FFG are done worrying about simultaneous worldwide release dates. Photo is from the Star Wars Legion Facebook group.

except the reason Luke and Vader were pushed back was for a simultaneous worldwide release..... I have no words for the ineptitude of logistics this company has displayed the last 4 months.

3 minutes ago, Tirion said:

except the reason Luke and Vader were pushed back was for a simultaneous worldwide release..... I have no words for the ineptitude of logistics this company has displayed the last 4 months.

Yeah, the communication and shipping have been a bit of an omnishambles lately. 

37 minutes ago, Tirion said:

Said who? They just said it was delayed.

Just my two cents but FFG USA distribution has been horrible these last several years!  They need to find a new distribution partner because it is hurting FLGSs. Our store only got 2 or 3 Rex’s and just a few Dookies as well. Resupply is always incredibly slow and then there are the promised release dates that are rarely realized. Doing great with marketing and customer support but the logistics is kicking their butt. Very disappointed. 

5 minutes ago, WGNF911 said:

Just my two cents but FFG USA distribution has been horrible these last several years!  They need to find a new distribution partner because it is hurting FLGSs. Our store only got 2 or 3 Rex’s and just a few Dookies as well. Resupply is always incredibly slow and then there are the promised release dates that are rarely realized. Doing great with marketing and customer support but the logistics is kicking their butt. Very disappointed. 

I have yet to see a Captain Rex in person.... making the over priced amazon order sorta tempting

Just now, ScummyRebel said:

I have yet to see a Captain Rex in person.... making the over priced amazon order sorta tempting

I had two “reserved”: one for my son that I’ll paint and give to him for Christmas (he was Rex crazy when younger) and one for my plastic addiction but the FLGS could only give me one because others had them held as well. Can’t fault the FLGS. 

27 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

Geez, where are you located? I will admit, our store just got some fresh inventory, Dooku and Rex included. I finally was able to get a 6th Clone unit last night. Nobody around here had the clone trooper box until now lol