Sign in to follow this  
Suermel

Onager available in Germany

Onager is available in Germany - just today a friend in my local armada group received a message from out local shop¬†that his preordered Onager is ready¬†¬†Since i live nearby the shop i walked over - couldnt believe it. And yeah - it‚Äôs in store - i post a picture later ūüėé

FantasyWelt.de has the German version of the Onager listed as a 13.12.2019 release; and the German version of the Starhook as a 10.01.2020 release. The English versions however (which I pre-ordered) don't yet have a release date.

https://www.fantasywelt.de/Star-Wars-Armada-Deutsch

Edited by JadinED

Local Fire Control System (or similar translation) - After deploying, you must replace one of your defense markers with a salvo marker. Weapons Team, 4 pts.

Flagship Bridge - Only medium or large ships. Only flagships. Modification. Your upgrade bar gains one fleet command icon. You cannot spend a command marker to resolve the effect of a fleet command. Offensive Retrofit, 0 pts.

Quoted from the Reddit post, to spare you all a trip to that hive of scum and villainy.

Flagship Bridge, first 0 point upgrade, interesting. Its basically Liberator but free (except costing an offensive retrofit slot)

Also strange for a ship to come with an upgrade it can't equip. The Onager has no offensive retrofit slot.

@TheWampa can you give us the details on the ignition attack rules?

Also Local Fire Control System seems bad for the empire. No ship would ever want to equip this upgrade, right?

• SSDs would pick gunnery team
  • ISD1 is never played but if someone were to play it I guess they would want either flight controllers or boarding troopers
  • ISD2 and Cymoon would pick gunnery team
  • Kuat would pick boarding troopers or fire-control team
  • The Onager is already weak defensively. It really does not want to swap a brace or redirect for a salvo
  • Quasars also need the defense tokens they have
  • GSD wants to take ordnance experts
  • Raider either wants¬†ordnance experts or¬†Weapons Battery Techs. But even if the slot was free it is already rather week defensively and only has a single blue die in its rear so salvo seems really bad
  • VSD2 wants gunnery team
  • VSD1 wold probably rather take¬†flight controllers or¬†ordnance experts

That's it. That are all the ships that can theoretically even take Local Fire Control System and I really don't see any of those ships ever taking it.

For the Rebels it seems a little better. I can see Assault Frigates or Vanguard Nebulon-Bs take it.

Also how does Salvo interact with Ackbar. I know that Ackbar can't add dice to a salvo attack but can you even make a salvo attack from your front if you previously this turn committed to shooting only out of your sides for Ackbars effect. Also what if you salvo from your front first, before your ship activates can you then even still activate Ackbar? His card says:

Before a friendly ship's Attack Step, it may choose to attack from only its left and right hull zones this round.

But by that point the ship can't decide to only shoot from its sides this whole round because it has previously already shot from a non-side arc.

Edited by LordCola

14 minutes ago, LordCola said:

Also Local Fire Control System seems bad for the empire. No ship would ever want to equip this upgrade, right?

• SSDs would pick gunnery team
  • ISD1 is never played but if someone were to play it I guess they would want either flight controllers or boarding troopers
  • ISD2 and Cymoon would pick gunnery team
  • Kuat would pick boarding troopers or fire-control team
  • The Onager is already weak defensively. It really does not want to swap a brace or redirect for a salvo
  • Quasars also need the defense tokens they have
  • GSD wants to take ordnance experts
  • Raider either wants¬†ordnance experts or¬†Weapons Battery Techs. But even if the slot was free it is already rather week defensively and only has a single blue die in its rear so salvo seems really bad
  • VSD2 wants gunnery team
  • VSD1 wold probably rather take¬†flight controllers or¬†ordnance experts

That's it. That are all the ships that can theoretically even take Local Fire Control System and I really don't see any of those ships ever taking it.

Yeeeeeeah, the opportunity cost on that seems way too high.  Having to give up a weapons team slot PLUS give up an existing def token PLUS pay points for it, I just don't know.  The weapons team slot is so competitive already.  There's a near must have upgrade for that slot for most ship archetypes already.  Gunnary Teams for your big bois and/or long range shooters, OrdEx for your black dice knife fighters, and Flight Controllers for your carriers.  And that doesn't even get into the boarding team shenanigans it locks you out of.

I'm struggling to think of ANY ship I'd actually bring it on.  The only one I can even REMOTELY think of is a AFMkII-A built to be a double arc brawler, but when do you play that, and which def token would you give up?  

This feels like an overly-cautious way to get salvo out in the wild...

Edited by LazorBeems

I'm little more interested in flagship bridge. Imperials seem to benafit most from it as they have easier access to Of. slot plus other ship aspects of imps. Rebels might be strapped as they tend to use their few Of. slots for carrier service. Main reb. ships I can see use it are MC75 and more gunship based AFMII.