manoftomorrow010

Covert Ops

Cassian must be 90, maybe 80, points. 50 makes no sense or there's no point in the Rebel generic commander.

The little Red Operative token - my guess would be if you use the Covert Ops keyword, you have to denote that by placing the operative token on the card. If a card has such a token, it cannot be nominated your commander. 

Surprised K-2SO isn't a counterpart - but he's clearly not a counterpart card, so probably a 5w2c operative. 

There's a weapon card that seems to read Jyn Erso - so I guess that's the pistol Jyn gives K-2 on Scariff. Might be a soft buff for Jyn too. Probably reads "Jyn Erso or K-2SO only."

Woohoo for the return of infinite range sniper - even if it's on a commander. 

Edited by Jedirev

1 hour ago, Steck638 said:

We really need Saw and partisans if we're going to be accused of space terrorism.

There are different degrees of terrorism...  just because one is worse doesn't make normal rebels not terrorists.

30 minutes ago, SoonerTed said:

There are different degrees of terrorism...  just because one is worse doesn't make normal rebels not terrorists.

If they don't use terror as a tactic then they are not terrorists. Blowing up a military installation such as a Death Star using conventional military spacecraft is not terrorism.  Blowing up Alderaan so that you can inspire enough terror elsewhere in the galaxy to achieve your policy goals is terrorism.

Edited by TauntaunScout

18 minutes ago, TauntaunScout said:

If they don't use terror as a tactic then then are not terrorists. Blowing up a military installation such as a Death Star using conventional military spacecraft is not terrorism.  Blowing up Alderaan so that you can inspire enough terror elsewhere in the galaxy to achieve your policy goals is terrorism.

Can you post this again so I can like it twice?

Also death troopers literally have death in the name.

20 minutes ago, TauntaunScout said:

If they don't use terror as a tactic then then are not terrorists. Blowing up a military installation such as a Death Star using conventional military spacecraft is not terrorism.  Blowing up Alderaan so that you can inspire enough terror elsewhere in the galaxy to achieve your policy goals is terrorism.

Preach it!!

Anyone else notice how it looks like Cassian and K2 come with a total of 10 suppression? guess that means K2 must have a really high suppression level but since he's be a droid trooper that doesn't really serve much of a purpose. also hoping K2 will have something like 8 wounds white defense no surge cause hes so tanky

1 minute ago, bllaw said:

Anyone else notice how it looks like Cassian and K2 come with a total of 10 suppression? guess that means K2 must have a really high suppression level but since he's be a droid trooper that doesn't really serve much of a purpose. also hoping K2 will have something like 8 wounds white defense no surge cause hes so tanky

They actually have 10, that looks like 2 3 tokens stacked, they are a bit bigger.

Either FFG had space and wants us to have more 3 tokens, I am guessing it's a command effect/K2SO has never tell me the odds. And based on tokens shown, someone else posted K2SO is probably at 5 wounds.

1 minute ago, Steck638 said:

And based on tokens shown, someone else posted K2SO is probably at 5 wounds.

True but Iden shows only 1 suppression. so i think they fit what they can in the pic but if it's not there that doenst mean it isnt in the set

2 minutes ago, bllaw said:

True but Iden shows only 1 suppression. so i think they fit what they can in the pic but if it's not there that doenst mean it isnt in the set

People like to think that the unit will mimic the movie. K2-SO dies defending his friends against a number of storm troopers. As an un-suppressible droid, it might be cool for him to have an absurdly high courage. He goes down fighting.

2 minutes ago, bllaw said:

I hardly looked at her tokens TBH. Have they ever just not added tokens before? Could be cassian and K2 have 2 cardboard sheets because of the extra order tokens, and they ran out of space on Iden's sheet and assumed we have enough supression tokens to have a bag of them we leave at home and have stopped punching them out. But I am just tossing out ideas and have no idea.

28 minutes ago, Steck638 said:

Can you post this again so I can like it twice?

Also death troopers literally have death in the name.

Note that striking military targets via sabotage or other cheap n' dirty means is also not terrorism. Typically terrorism is considered violence against civilians for the achievement of political (not tactical or strategic) goals.

Stormtroopers are elite shocktroops that wear armored space suits.

Snowtroopers fight in snow.

Sandtroopers fight in sand.

Spacetroopers fight in space.

Scouttroopers fight in church basements every other Wednesday after school.

Deathtroopers fight in funeral homes.

Edited by TauntaunScout

51 minutes ago, TauntaunScout said:

If they don't use terror as a tactic then they are not terrorists. Blowing up a military installation such as a Death Star using conventional military spacecraft is not terrorism.  Blowing up Alderaan so that you can inspire enough terror elsewhere in the galaxy to achieve your policy goals is terrorism.

Alderaan was a military planet (it had plenty of weapons and weapon factories, despite Leia's obvious lie), and the tactic isn't that much different from how the USA ended WWII using the atomic bomb.  Or how the Allies engaged in total war against factories and infrastructure, killing nearly 100% civilians.

By your definition of terror, the Alliance destroying a not-yet-functional (for all the Rebels knew) station with plenty of civilian contractors was terrorism.  Using diplomatic cover, the crew of the Tantive IV, shot a legal boarding party.  Using civilian clothes to execute a military operation is terrorism. 

An aside: Toppling the Empire left that region of space ripe for invasion (as alluded to in the new Thrawn trilogy).

Edited by SoonerTed

34 minutes ago, bllaw said:

Preach it!!

8 minutes ago, TauntaunScout said:

Note that striking military targets via sabotage or other cheap n' dirty means is also not terrorism. Typically terrorism is considered violence against civilians for the achievement of political (not tactical or strategic) goals.

Stormtroopers are elite shocktroops that wear armored space suits.

Snowtroopers fight in snow.

Sandtroopers fight in sand.

Spacetroopers fight in space.

Scouttroopers fight in church basements every other Wednesday after school.

Deathtroopers fight in funeral homes.

The Emperor wasn't a military target.  He was the civilian leader of the government.  Yet, one of the key goals of the attack on the second death star was to kill the emperor and overthrow the government.  That is a political goal, which by your definition is terrorism.

Edited by SoonerTed

17 minutes ago, Steck638 said:

And based on tokens shown, someone else posted K2SO is probably at 5 wounds.

So with 5 wounds and his own token I do wonder what type of defense he will have? Really thought he would just be another Chiewe with guardian. Seems like he will be doing his own thing. Maybe armor or red defense dice? 

1 hour ago, Jedirev said:

There's a weapon card that seems to read Jyn Erso - so I guess that's the pistol Jyn gives K-2 on Scariff. Might be a soft buff for Jyn too. Probably reads "Jyn Erso or K-2SO only."

Nice idea! I am surprised that nothing jumps out to say work with Jyn or pathfinders..................Now that I look at Jyn between her courage 3, quick thinking, and her 2/3 pip she may be the support for Cassian and K2SO.

Why is Cassian’s sniper rifle Cumbersome? At 10 points, it’s incredibly cheap, but cumbersome is a nasty Keyword just to reduce cost by 5 or so (the “or so” is the value difference between 1r1b and 2b) points, compared to Iden’s rifle. 

Anyone notice Jyn’s weapon for K2 is Suppressive?

Perhaps Cassian is 50 points and is out before a points change where the generic rebel commander will be reduced to 40 points. Giving a dodge is not as good as giving an aim, just sayin’. There are many units in the rebel faction that should have a points reduction, but starting at 50, maybe Cassian should have a points increase.😆

Should Jyn really be worth 10 more points then Iden? I’m not really sure, but I lean toward, no. And please don’t say that Iden’s sniper rifle costs an extra 15 points. An infinite range sniper rifle is worth way more than 15. Scouts and Commando need to pay 28 for a range 5 weapon. Iden just seems a better version of Jyn, though I can be convinced otherwise.

Just now, RyantheFett said:

So with 5 wounds and his own token I do wonder what type of defense he will have? Really thought he would just be another Chiewe with guardian. Seems like he will be doing his own thing. Maybe armor or red defense dice? 

I am hoping armor X and white surge or no armor and red. Obviously armor red is nice but I dont know if I dare hope for that yet.

2 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

Why is Cassian’s sniper rifle Cumbersome? At 10 points, it’s incredibly cheap, but cumbersome is a nasty Keyword just to reduce cost by 5 or so (the “or so” is the value difference between 1r1b and 2b) points, compared to Iden’s rifle. 

Anyone notice Jyn’s weapon for K2 is Suppressive?

Perhaps Cassian is 50 points and is out before a points change where the generic rebel commander will be reduced to 40 points. Giving a dodge is not as good as giving an aim, just sayin’. There are many units in the rebel faction that should have a points reduction, but starting at 50, maybe Cassian should have a points increase.😆

Should Jyn really be worth 10 more points then Iden? I’m not really sure, but I lean toward, no. And please don’t say that Iden’s sniper rifle costs an extra 15 points. An infinite range sniper rifle is worth way more than 15. Scouts and Commando need to pay 28 for a range 5 weapon. Iden just seems a better version of Jyn, though I can be convinced otherwise.

Are you serious?  

1 minute ago, Steck638 said:

Obviously armor red is nice but I dont know if I dare hope for that yet.

Rebellions are built on hope.

Though you can also sense the put-upon rebel main here "Gee, Imps, why does your new nimble quick thinking commander get Red Dice?"