manoftomorrow010

Covert Ops

If the pics follow the same formula as previous releases, we can extrapolate that K-2SO is 5 health as they usually always print wound tokens to be "wound threshold-1".  So 5 wound tokens for Cassian (sixth wound is death) and 4 wound tokens for K-2SO (fifth wound is death).

1 minute ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

His 1-pip is a great alpha strike card. Imagine having Cassian amid the Sniper Meta lol

I like Iden+ Krennic bc screw suppression... also 1-* pierce with hunter and marksman is auto crits on tauntauns...

1 minute ago, T70 Driver said:

Is it just me that's thinking the ID-10 mini is out of scale compared to the Iden Versio mini....like twice as big as it should be?

Yeah it should be head sized, and it's a bit larger than her helmet, but that's heroic mini dimensions. It'd be probably too tiny otherwise.

1 minute ago, T70 Driver said:

Is it just me that's thinking the ID-10 mini is out of scale compared to the Iden Versio mini....like twice as big as it should be?

There are probably limits to how small a mini the manufacturer can make.

16 minutes ago, Achinadav said:

You can see from the edge of K-2SO’s card that he has upgrades available, whereas the D10 just shows that he has 1 wound. I’d assume that’s the difference between separate unit vs. counterpart? Unless the card is double-sided.

Mostly I mean that K-2SO might have some new ability on the card allowing him to be taken as a Counterpart for Cassian, similar to "Covert Ops" allowing you to change the Commanders into Operatives. At the very least I wouldn't be surprised if he had Teamwork. 

43 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

Most likely they will still be your commander, but will be using operative tokens to pad your token control? Like take Iden with operative Vader or Cassian with operative Luke to get rid of the commander token and get two or three operative tokens in your bag?

You would still have to nominate a unit to be a Commander, so you will still have a Commander token to deal with.

A bit surprised I don't see anything that would help pathfinders on his card. Same with that danger sense 3 that would work for Jyn buuuuuuuuut

41 minutes ago, Cleto0 said:

you can also make her your commander after setup, so you get the commander token back and you just deployed as op, which seems to be the logic. Unfortunately, that means the OP Luke can be a commander which is OP AF. calling it now Cassian + OP luke new meta with TTs

Pretty much all this here! Throw in hinting that K2 will also be a melee monster that will be to "blend in" and that is a lot of close range fighting all with that courage 4 bubble. Will be interesting to see how that ability plays out.

17 minutes ago, NeonWolf said:

You would still have to nominate a unit to be a Commander, so you will still have a Commander token to deal with.

yeah bc when has 3 courage been bad... sheesh. is suppression even a mechanic anymore? lowkey kinda game breaking tbh.. 

Break the game
794/800 (11 activations)
Commanders:
 - Director Krennic (90): Aggressive Tactics (10) = 100
 - Iden Versio (100): DLT-20A (15), Hunter (6), Overwatch (4), Recon Intel (2) = 127
Corps:
 - 3× Shoretroopers (52): T-21B Trooper (32) = 252
 - 2× DF-90 Mortar Trooper (36): Comms Relay (5) = 82
Special Forces:
 - Death Troopers (76): Comms Relay (5), E-11D Config (8) = 89
 - 3× Strike Team (20): DLT-19x Sniper (28) = 144

•Pulse Scan, •Voracious Ambition, ••Deploy the Garrison, •••Annihilation Looms, ••••Standing Orders

Edited by Cleto0

A lot of very interesting concepts here, both for the units on their own, and for future releases. Loadout is pretty cool, and FFG once again made a mechanic for something you see "on screen" (Iden gets free gun swaps at rando crates!). Also means Legion probably can't ever have a true WYSIWYG rule, unless tournaments will mandate you own multiple copies of a mini. Covert Ops is also very, very interesting. We'll see more as time goes on, but also glad they worked the TL-50 Repeater in. 

16 minutes ago, NeonWolf said:

Yes, but unless Covert Ops also has some other rules (such as requiring you to have another Commander unit) it does open some interesting options for placing the commander token on other units. 

13 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Yes, but unless Covert Ops also has some other rules (such as requiring you to have another Commander unit) it does open some interesting options for placing the commander token on other units. 

True, could make a Rebel Vet unit with an Officer upgrade your Commander for a Courage 3 Commander with ablative wounds, parked next to another unit with a Med Droid.  Just a thought.

EDIT: nevermind, confused Rebel Vets with Phase II clones.  Would still only be a Courage 2 unit

Edited by NeonWolf

1 hour ago, Uetur said:

Curious how the rest of their command cards go.  For instance Cassian as a sniper allows your commander to potentially stay say and snipe from range.  I can't read his cost but it seems some it is somewhere between 50 and 90 points.

I think it is 90, because with jyn it makes 200 points. Also, the generic officer costs 50 so I doubt they would make a better unit the same cost.

I am still a bit confused about covert ops and that token switch? What would be the befit for all factions to demote their leader? I guess the big question is if a player can just straight up can promote any unit to commander or if they will have to take a leader in order to use covert ops. Like are we paying a tax for infiltrate because I have played Jyn and that ability is..........okay?

I mean maybe its a way for players to get three operative tokens in the bag? At least for Rebels it gives Cassian a higher courage from either Jyn or Luke. For Iden I do not any befits to it at all to demote her.

50 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Alternate sculpt? 
galacticcommander_800x.jpg

As much as I am enamoured by Janina Gavankar, I feel obligated to have the TIE pilot helmet.   

I really wish she had been the persistent love interest on Arrow, rather than Felicity.  She probably would have made for a more interesting character.

In any case, I'll be getting two of these like I did Sabine.

2 hours ago, Lemmiwinks86 said:

The pictures are very blurry, it can be 50, it can be 90, maybe 80, it's very hard to tell 😋. I can't figure out either all the words from the new keywords:

Covert Ops: "When you deploy, you may treat your rank as [Opperative]. If you do, you gain Infiltrate"

Loadout: "When you deploy, you may swap any of your equipped upgrades with........ upgrades"

Marksman: "While attacking, you can spend aim tokens..... attack......."

Loadout: "When you deploy, you may swap any of your equipped upgrades with your set aside upgrades"

4 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

What would be the benefit for all factions to demote their leader?

Well, the immediate benefit is you gain Infiltrate when you do this, which can lead to potential shenanigans. Also since rank checks are at list building, you can wombo-combo 3 operatives in a list now, which may have interesting ramifications. Luckily, it's an option so if you want to use them normally you don't have to futz with it, but much like Loadout, Covert Ops lets you be flexible in the moment.