manoftomorrow010

Covert Ops

Just now, ScummyRebel said:

Cassian is a maybe for me - if I play more rebels than sure but I only have Luke and Leia so far for their heroes

Cassian is interesting since he is sooooooo cheap if that is 50 points. The real question for him is what K2S0 does and if they have any synergy with Jyn. At the moment I do not see anything that would help her, but we are missing three command cards and all of K2.

Curious how the rest of their command cards go.  For instance Cassian as a sniper allows your commander to potentially stay say and snipe from range.  I can't read his cost but it seems some it is somewhere between 50 and 90 points.

Just now, ScummyRebel said:

Also liking the nimble + red defense die.

Combine that with 6 health (the only non-jedi commander with red defense and more than 5 health), quick thinking, and a 1-infinite sniper rifle, and she is going to be a tough target to remove. 

Just now, Squark said:

I suspect they will stay operatives- You trade the ability to share your high courage value with the rest of your army for a deployment advantage. Presumably there's some restrictions that prevent an army with only Cassian or Iden from using the ability and then immediately giving them back their old rank. Which could allow for you to make certain characters like Luke Operative or Boba Fett your commander...

you can also make her your commander after setup, so you get the commander token back and you just deployed as op, which seems to be the logic. Unfortunately, that means the OP Luke can be a commander which is OP AF. calling it now Cassian + OP luke new meta with TTs

Just now, RyantheFett said:

Cassian is interesting since he is sooooooo cheap if that is 50 points. The real question for him is what K2S0 does and if they have any synergy with Jyn. At the moment I do not see anything that would help her, but we are missing three command cards and all of K2.

thats a 90 for me dog

2 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

I am pretty sure that’s not 50.

1 minute ago, Cleto0 said:

Cassian + K2SO is pierce 2 at range 2 with like 3 red 3 black... idk how broken that will be, but his 1 pip scares me

The interesting thing here, is that K-2SO does not appear to be a counterpart. That's why we can see his cost (compare his card to ID10's card). So they are separate units. 

3 minutes ago, Lochlan said:

The interesting thing here, is that K-2SO does not appear to be a counterpart. That's why we can see his cost (compare his card to ID10's card). So they are separate units. 

Perhaps he will have Teamwork: Cassian Andor?

4 minutes ago, Lochlan said:

I think he is counterpart, just very advanced

8 minutes ago, Lochlan said:

Combine that with 6 health (the only non-jedi commander with red defense and more than 5 health), quick thinking, and a 1-infinite sniper rifle, and she is going to be a tough target to remove. 

Plus if you run the droid (Which appears to be a counterpart) she basically gets 1 extra health.

Just now, KingCHUD said:

Plus if you run the droid (Which appears to be a counterpart) she basically gets 1 extra health.

There is a shield token on the token "pool", maybe the droid gives 1 shield?

6 minutes ago, Lochlan said:

There is a third order token in the stack on the right as well. It is a bit weird to put two units in the same box, unless running K2 as a standa-alone operative is optional? Operative or Counterpart?

1 minute ago, Achinadav said:

The Andor photo shows 3 order tokens, whilst Versio has only 2. So K-2SO as separate unit seems right.

It is also possible that K2 can be run as either a counterpart OR as a separate unit. Until we see the cards, we don't know for sure. 

1 minute ago, Caimheul1313 said:

It is also possible that K2 can be run as either a counterpart OR as a separate unit. Until we see the cards, we don't know for sure. 

You can see from the edge of K-2SO’s card that he has upgrades available, whereas the D10 just shows that he has 1 wound. I’d assume that’s the difference between separate unit vs. counterpart? Unless the card is double-sided.

3 minutes ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

This seems fairly clear to me, but I'm assuming, Marksman will "improve" a result, so blank improve to hit and a hit can improve to a crit. This makes the ability better than Sharpshooter, and explains the absence of those keywords.

that is gooooood.