Sign in to follow this  

The Search for Kadath is not in Cardgamedb

So despite me not playing this game I still enjoy looking at the scenarios and following the story. However, the latest pack, The Search for Kadath, is not yet in Cardgamedb despite a month having passed (nor on Arkhamdb for that matter).

What's the issue and does the scenario look like?

It's quite nice. First act is just travellling down the River Skai to Dylath-leen. From there, the meat of the adventure starts: all locations in game are discarded and the investigators choose one of four distant lands to travel to. Depending on where they want to go, three new locations spawn, which together form a kind of mini-adventure. At any point, the investigators can choose to travel elsewhere, which discards all locations in play and brings three new ones up.

It's one of the best scenarios in the game currently in my opinion.  Also very challenging.  It's basically a tour of the Dreamlands as it was seen by Randolph Carter during Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath.  You pretty much can potentially go to all the locations he travels to in the story.  This so far has been my favorite cycle in the game.  Hopefully it sticks the landing.

Edited by phillos

cardgamedb and arkhamdb are both updated by volunteers.  It's not officially supported by FFG and FFG does not maintain or update those websites.

While they likely do receive official images/artwork and text of all the cards (presumably in an XML or JSON file or something) directly from FFG, the actual updates are likely made by a very small number of people who have access to the back-end database.  If those specific people are busy with real life, then the sites don't get updated.

21 hours ago, phillos said:

It's one of the best scenarios in the game currently in my opinion.  Also very challenging.  It's basically a tour of the Dreamlands as it was seen by Randolph Carter during Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath.  You pretty much can potentially go to all the locations he travels to in the story.  This so far has been my favorite cycle in the game.  Hopefully it sticks the landing.

I agree, I'd go so far as to say it's one of the best scenarios produced so far in the whole progression of all campaign cycles. Very evocative of the novel/ novella.

15 hours ago, Faranim said:

cardgamedb and arkhamdb are both updated by volunteers.  It's not officially supported by FFG and FFG does not maintain or update those websites.

While they likely do receive official images/artwork and text of all the cards (presumably in an XML or JSON file or something) directly from FFG, the actual updates are likely made by a very small number of people who have access to the back-end database.  If those specific people are busy with real life, then the sites don't get updated.

Actually, cardgamedb has been bought by FFG in 2013 or 2014, and is therefor officially supported by FFG.

During the live play through for Murder at the Excelsior Hotel (26.11.2020), someone asked a question regarding the updates on cardgameDB, and the official answer was that they seem to be experiencing some kind of technical problems at the moment.

Seems to be some bigger issue since they still don't seem to have been able to resolve it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DICVDVAWpK8 (around the 25:00 minutes mark)

photo.jpg Isabelle Silvestrequestion : this scenario and the "search kadath" pack are not on cardgamedb... this is the end of the card database ??
photo.jpgFantasy Flight Games: Give me a second to get back to you @Isabelle Silvestre !
photo.jpg Isabelle Silvestre: thanks ;) sorry for the repeating, that was just in case the tchat goes too fast for reading the first one.
photo.jpgFantasy Flight Games:For sure! It seems like we're having some technical problems in uploading them, but it should be resolved within the next few weeks!
photo.jpgFantasy Flight Games:So they WILL be up at some point!

Thanks Jekothalep for quoting me ;) and you're right, it seems like this is more complicated than they was thinking. Moreover, with a wave of three pack for the new game of Marvel, I think they will do more efforts to make it right for the release, I think they care more about a game that just launched. 

But who know, perhaps they don't consider that as a real or major problem, I'm not sure a lot of peoples used it. So in this case, a little mail to FFG can perhaps show how much peoples wait to look at the database. I play this game, but I'm very late  (I just buyed dunwich) so I keep myself hyped with spoilers. More over a lot used it for complete fanbase website. Hope it will be fixed soon.