Sign in to follow this  
Wiredin

reflection series, week 2 - what was your favorite wave release?

Continuing the 2019 reflection series into week 2, what was your favorite wave release from 2019? And, did you drop any factions (or not buy into any?)

We had a pretty steady wave of releases in 2.0. There was a lot of product released from re-prints of core 1.0 ships to fancy new toys and 2 new factions! I know my wallet is still recovering from the punishment that was given to it over the past year. I didn't buy into CIS,  and I sold of my FO, and probably putting my Republic up for sale soon.

My favorite wave was the RZ-2 A-wing wave. I have always been A-wing obsessed, but now it's an addiction with 8 of those little ships owned (and 10 RZ1s) I can never get enough RZ2's! I bought 6 of those things at launch! 

A Quick second is the Resistance Transport and remodeled B-wing wave. That B-wing miniature is a piece of art and I love it! 

I think either Wave 2 because of RZ2 AWings and Resistance OR Wave 4 because of Hyena bombers, Resistance Transport, and the points update around it. In both cases, none are really THAT exciting looking back. 

Wave 2 - got all my standard ships playable again, enjoyed playing squad leader Null for I0 or 7 coordinate shenanigans.

Although in the end, wave 3 was a good one too - I just didn’t realize it until later when I finally got into prequel factions 

Without a doubt, the release of Epic and Huge ships in 2.0 has been my favorite wave so far. It's done more to revitalize the game than anything else, for me. 

I play primarily Rebels, Empire and Scum... so outside of the Mining Guild TIE and Lando's Falcon I'm eager to see some new releases for my factions. 

I'm going to add another vote for Epic 2.0. I waited a long time for it, and it did not disappoint!

Though in hindsight I guess we didn't have to wait all that long. My heart breaks for people who don't have any Gunboats (and no affordable way to get them). 2.0 release hopefully soon?

Wave 2 - Resistance has been the only faction I've played which hasn't felt like a letdown at times. Wave 3 was good, but something I wasn't prepared to buy into initially. I don't regret buying into Jedi, but I also don't regret selling them either.

The wave with the N1 was a beauty. It’s a pile of ships that I’m still trying to figure out how to use well, but they’re neat puzzles.

Overall I’m just really happy with the game and its diversity right now. My problem, I suppose, is finding and settling into a niche that works for me. I’ve been bouncing around from faction to faction and ship to ship so much that I haven’t really specialized or gotten good with anything.

4 hours ago, CoffeeMinion said:

Overall I’m just really happy with the game and its diversity right now. My problem, I suppose, is finding and settling into a niche that works for me. I’ve been bouncing around from faction to faction and ship to ship so much that I haven’t really specialized or gotten good with anything.

This. So much.

Best releases? Epic/Huge. Been waiting all year for it.

I like all the others, except the Nantex (which feels a bit like when 1st ed released Trajectory Simulator when Nym was already really potent - a bad idea for the game).