Sign in to follow this  
CommanderDave

Screed Interdictor Dominates in Florida!

I took my Screed Interdictor & Demo list to the Florida Primes and managed to achieve victory. It was a great time at a nice venue with a solid turnout. I faced down a TRC90 swarm, JJ Ravager SSD, and a squad-heavy Raddus list. My AAR is posted here:

https://armadaaarsbydave.blogspot.com/2019/12/florida-prime-report.html

Wow very nice, I didn't expect to see a flechette torpedo Glad 2 do so well!  Enjoying the rest of the blog too.

I'm actually a big fan of the dedicated Flecette Iden Versio Raider but haven't really tried the Gladiator with it.  How are you enjoying running with just 3 activations?  It seems like you do pretty well with it.

5 hours ago, antisocialmunky said:

Wow very nice, I didn't expect to see a flechette torpedo Glad 2 do so well!  Enjoying the rest of the blog too.

I'm actually a big fan of the dedicated Flecette Iden Versio Raider but haven't really tried the Gladiator with it.  How are you enjoying running with just 3 activations?  It seems like you do pretty well with it.

Not OP, but I’ve run his list before. It is a lot of fun to play. The primary benefit of the flak boat being a Glad is that Demolisher is attached. You can pop in, shut off some squads, and with Screed, get that one “must stop” squad shut down. 

As for the three activations, it can be challenging, but it is surprising how quick these squads can bring activation parity by bringing down a few ships. 

6 hours ago, antisocialmunky said:

Flechette Demo is a totally different beast than a Raider. The Raider can do area denial, but a flak demo can actually contribute to the fight. It’s a massive improvement so long as you have Screed. Without Screed, I wouldn’t bother. The Targeting Scramblers can help keep Demo alive in some tight spots too. The three activation thing is very challenging, especially since the SSD with four activations can first-last in the right situation, but with careful play, it can be mitigated. The Decimators help to make up for the activation disadvantage by responding in the squad phase.