DaverWattra

What's in your headcanon?

In my headcanon at the end of Episode IX when Ben Solo transfers his lifeforce into Rey, he not only brings her back to life but also creates a new life within her. Later, on Tatooine, Rey finds a hidden door in the Lars homestead which leads to the world between worlds. (It was hidden really well behind the fridge.) Rey uses the world between worlds to travel back in time 77 years and takes on a new name: Shmi Skywalker. She then gives birth to Anakin Skywalker.

You think this is brilliant?! Oh, but I'm not done:

Later when Anakin returns she fakes her own death (she paid the poor sandpeople to fake kidnap her) because she feared that her knowledge of the future might interfere with his destiny. By that time she had figured out how to let her lifeforce leave her body and return shortly after, so it was easy to fake her death. She also put in her will not to be burned but only buried in a shallow grave. After returning her lifeforce to her body, she continues to live a hermit life on Tatooine for the remainder of her days. In 35 ABY, as an old woman, she walks past the old Lars homestead where she meets her younger self and says: "There's been no one for so long. Who are you?"

Makes perfect sense, doesn't it?! Doesn't it?!!!? 🥴

33 minutes ago, GM Fred said:

In my headcanon at the end of Episode IX when Ben Solo transfers his lifeforce into Rey, he not only brings her back to life but also creates a new life within her. Later, on Tatooine, Rey finds a hidden door in the Lars homestead which leads to the world between worlds. (It was hidden really well behind the fridge.) Rey uses the world between worlds to travel back in time 77 years and takes on a new name: Shmi Skywalker. She then gives birth to Anakin Skywalker.

Later when Anakin returns she fakes her own death (she paid the poor sandpeople to fake kidnap her) because she feared that her knowledge of the future might interfere with his destiny. By that time she had figured out how to let her lifeforce leave her body and return shortly after, so it was easy to fake her death. She also put in her will not to be burned but only buried in a shallow grave. After returning her lifeforce to her body, she continues to live a hermit life on Tatooine for the remainder of her days. In 35 ABY, as an old woman, she walks past the old Lars homestead where she meets her younger self and says: "There's been no one for so long. Who are you?"

That is brilliant in a twisted sort of way.

1 hour ago, GM Fred said:

Uuuuhhhhggg....  I hate time travel...

12 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Uuuuhhhhggg....  I hate time travel...

Don't think of it as time travel. It is the Will of the Force. A self-fulfilling prophecy. It rhymes, like poetry.

It really is the Palpatine Saga. Anakin is Palpatine's great-grandson and good rises from the evil to destroy it and in the end it is evil's destiny to be their own undoing.

Or something like that. 😓

10 minutes ago, GM Fred said:

Don't think of it as time travel. It is the Will of the Force. A self-fulfilling prophecy. It rhymes, like poetry.

It really is the Palpatine Saga. Anakin is Palpatine's great-grandson and good rises from the evil to destroy it and in the end it is evil's destiny to be their own undoing.

Or something like that. 😓

He'd be his own great-grandson. And Palpatine's great-grandson.

I hate time travel!!!

18 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

And that's the real beauty of this theory. "Again, it's like poetry, so that they rhyme."

😂

6 hours ago, StarkJunior said:

Aw, they didn't use Sebastian Stan for Luke...

Image result for sebastian stan luke skywalker

I wouldn't either. While his face is similar to Hammil's, Sebastian Stan is way too tall. Mark Hammil is 5'9" tall, Sebastian Stan is a full 6' tall. He's as tall as Harrison Ford. 

Look at this pic of Luke and Han next to each other:

img-2452589-f.jpg

Han is quite a bit taller than Luke, by several inches. Put Sebastian Stan in Mark Hammil's place, and he'd the the exact same height as Han. 

21 hours ago, StarkJunior said:

It was a joke, my dude, lmao. Also it's a deep fake so height doesn't matter.

Maybe. However, there are a lot of people, particularly the guys at Collider, as well as John Campia, and others on Youtube, who actually do want Sebastian Stan to play a young, New Republic era, Luke. No joking. So I make no assumptions here. 

On 1/24/2020 at 8:54 AM, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I hate time travel!!!

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it’s more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff.

6 hours ago, Desslok said:

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it’s more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff.

You quote the Doctor. Cursed be his name! His crimes against the time stream shall not go unpunished.

That's kind of how I approach my take on Star Wars Canon - F it. It's all canon, the movies, the comics, the holiday special, the droids cartoons, the weird han solo and/or stormtrooper Crowd Control pack action figures they did. But how does that work? It's a little bit like how every small town in the Northeast of the country lays claim that George Washington slept there, despite him never coming within a hundred miles - why spoil a good story? So where did Vader and Luke first meet? The Bespin Tourist Board claims that the duel took place on Cloud City. There are whispers among the miners of a showdown between the two in some ruins on Mimban, while on the Order of the Sacred Circle swears by all their holy books that Sister Domina Tagge oversaw the duel on Monastery.

Which one is right? None of them? All of them? Does it matter?