Mad Maximus

Republic AT-RT?

Sorry if this has been brought up previously, I couldn't find anything.

Will we get a Republic/Clone AT-RT? After all, this is the only place I've ever seen the AT-RT used (Clone Wars Series & Battlefront 2). I assume that it's implied the Rebels have re-purposed Clone War Era AT-RT's. 

There is enough material just in the four factions we have to continue releases for at least five years, and they've  already talked about other factions being possible.  I'd bet the AT-RT will be the fourth Republic support option, after their E-web and a creature trooper (Kaadu?)

It’s not a matter of if, but when. We will see a Republic AT-RT, but how soon is anyone’s guess.

And judging by the fact that most vehicles like the AT-RT (with rider on the outside) have defense dice consistent with the armour that the rider is personally wearing, the Republic AT-RT will more than likely have red defence dice. And because it’s Republic, the point cost will be high, but will not have clone token sharing (a mistake imho, but something they already did with the BARC - if they did token sharing for the BARC, it could justify why the BARC is over priced by 10 points - just sayin’).

18 minutes ago, jocke01 said:

It will probably be released down the line. Wonder if they do some stat changes or other weapon options

It should be different. The Rebel version is a 20-year-old piece of junk ridden by an insurgent. The Republic version is state-of-the-art hardware ridden by a GMO super-soldier.

3 minutes ago, arnoldrew said:

It should be different. The Rebel version is a 20-year-old piece of junk ridden by an insurgent. The Republic version is state-of-the-art hardware ridden by a GMO super-soldier.

Yeah, well tech in star wars have always been pretty weird :P

I fully expect to get a Republic AT-RT and for it to be an improved version of the Rebel vehicle.

For starters, it would still have Armor. But, I would expect the basic trooper rifle dice to be improved to 2 black, or 1 black/1 white.

I'd be OK if they dropped Surge - Crit from the unit.

Armor

Climbing Vehicle

Expert Climber

Tactical 1

For the armaments:

• AT-RT Rotary Blaster
    • 4 Black - 1 Red; Critical 2
  • AT-RT Laser Cannon
    • 2 Red - 1 Black; Impact 3; Critical 2
  • AT-RT Flame Thrower
    • 2 Black; Blast; Spray; Critical 2

Edited by manoftomorrow010

1 minute ago, Chickenpuppy said:

You had me until the drop surge crit.  Surge crit is amazing.

indeed it is, and I'm fine with keeping it! But I wouldn't complain if they didn't and added their new Critical X trait to the armaments instead, but since they gave BARC Surge - Crit, I bet they would give it to the AT-RT, too.

I was just thinking of trying to keep its cost from ballooning. I'd want to see Tactical 1 on it the most.

Edited by manoftomorrow010

6 minutes ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

indeed it is, and I'm fine with keeping it! But I wouldn't complain if they didn't and added their new Critical X trait to the armaments instead, but since they gave BARC Surge - Crit, I bet they would give it to the AT-RT, too.

I was just thinking of trying to keep its cost from ballooning. I'd want to see Tactical 1 on it the most.

Yeah!  Need gungan atrts to keep the costs down.

13 hours ago, joewrightgm said:

My spider sense says: they are tooling a hard plastic version, with separate frames for riders for republic and rebels.  

Some type of pre-molded wells for magnets would be a nice touch too...

It's easy enough to magnetize as it is now without any wells, or even drilling. The attachment point is hidden behind the front armour so the magnets can't be seen. If it's converted straight to hard plastic, the same should hold true. 

I suppose it is possible FFG will hold off on releasing the Republic AT-RT until they get around to converting the current kit to hard plastic, but they could also release them as separate kits. The AT-RT sprue(s) would be the same, with a seperate sprue for the rider. The Rubicon Willys MB ¼ ton 4x4 Truck (Commonwealth) and Willys MB ¼ ton 4x4 Truck (US Standard) is an example of this from a different company. The actual truck sprue and instruction manual in both kits is identical (with steps marked for the particular variants), the driver/crew sprue and decals are the only differences. 

Edited by Caimheul1313