Wiredin

YOUR top 5 lists of 2019 - weekly reflection series

Well, 2019 is almost in the bag. Lets reflect on our favorite 2.0 things this year. In this weekly series lets talk about our favorite lists of 2019. Top 5, doesn't matter if they were your top competitive, or just fun lists. 

1) Poe AAA - hyperpsace competition list

Poe Dameron (68)
Heroic (1)
R4 Astromech (2)
Integrated S-Foils (0)
Black One (2)

Tallissan Lintra (36)
Heroic (1)
Advanced Optics (4)

L’ulo L’ampar (43)
Heroic (1)

Green Squadron Expert (35)
Heroic (1)
Advanced Optics (4)
Total: 198

This list got me my second top 8 finish in a hyperspace tournament and has been a very solid performer. My only losses were in that tournament with it. I feel this will also be my top competitive list going into 2020 baring any changes to points. I really enjoy this over other resistance "staples". It has more offense over 5A which, for me, struggles against Vader based lists, who is very dominant locally. I've never gotten along with 5555. and while I find things like Rey + or Vennie + a lot of fun, they aren't as competitive.

2) Miranda Lives! - Extended competition list

Miranda Doni (43)
Diamond-Boron Missiles (6)
Han Solo (14)
Sabine Wren (3)
Seismic Charges (3)
Proton Bombs (5)
Shield Upgrade (4)

Esege Tuketu (45)
Barrage Rockets (8)
Perceptive Copilot (8)
Proton Bombs (5)

Wedge Antilles (55)
Crack Shot (1)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)
Total: 200

This was a shocking experiment, I originally built this list a bit differently and it dominated the local casual nights. I made a few tweaks and brought it to a few extended tournaments and scored 2nd place twice against some heavy competition. I will forever be the bridesmaid. The list has a surprising amount of offense and staying power. I use the K-wings as a screen for Wedge to keep him to the end game. Everyone goes for Esege' first as he hands out focuses allowing for all the mods while Miranda and Wedge do all the damage. Double tapping Miranda is a lot of fun, especially when you can opt to regen @ i7, or go for that juicy 4 dice imitative kill @ r1. very clutch. This list creates a lot of space and controls the board in pretty unique ways. The proper rock placement and engagement zone is very important for success. 

3) Imperial Control

Gideon Hask (30)
Snap Shot (7)

“Pure Sabacc” (44)
Snap Shot (7)

“Duchess” (42)

Major Vermeil (49)
Juke (7)
Darth Vader (14)

This is another experiment that ended up turning into a ton of fun and was surprisingly competitive. It controls an alarming amount of board space and range control is very important for both sides. I've experimented with swapping for Vermile for other pieces, and swapping out Juke as well. I'm still not 100% on Juke to be honest, but Vermile ends up being a very good blocker and agro's damage as everyone seems to be scared of Vader crew. The list is paper thin, and has very little suitability. Loving the 3 die snap shot jank!

4) Rebel 4 fun

Shara Bey (50)
Crack Shot (1)
Saw Gerrera (9)

Braylen Stramm (51)
Crack Shot (1)

Lieutenant Blount (30)
Crack Shot (1)

Kullbee Sperado (48)
Cloaking Device (5)
Predator (2)
R4 Astromech (2)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)

This list was something I threw together working with 2 pieces I've wanted to make work for a while. Kulbee and Shara. Shara has been a pet project all of 2.0 for me as I loved Norra in 1.0 and she was a very big part of my late 1.0 experience. I love extra dice, what can I say. I don't know how I ended up in this "final" version but this is just an incredibly fun list which punches hard and dies hard. Kullbee is stupidly maneuverable with his ability and R4. Adding Cloaking he can get across the board in one turn. he can be anywhere! Cloaking device is a stupid use of points, but it's really really really fun.  Shara hits like a truck Braylen hits like a truck, and blount is pretty annoying and can hit hard as well.  They can all operate independently which is nice for forming kill boxes. 

5) Hold this for me

Green Squadron Pilot (32)
Crack Shot (1)
Proton Rockets (7)

Crack Shot (1)
Proton Rockets (7)

Crack Shot (1)
Proton Rockets (7)

Crack Shot (1)
Proton Rockets (7)

Crack Shot (1)
Proton Rockets (7)

When the January 2019 points update came out this is the first list I built... but I didn't put it on the board for 9 months... I should have done it earlier as this is list is bonkers fun! Requires a lot of patience to line up the kill boxes and get the engage right, but when you do it's a thing of beauty. I've only gotten all 5 prockets off a handful of times, but I average around 3 a game for sure. it's a variance heavy list, but it's A-wings, the original model, and I don't think ANYONE is more obsessed with A-wings than me. (I own 20 across both the RZ1/RZ2, and have every lego variant, and a few revel model kits.)

Surprising omissions: Jan Ors has been a mainstay of my list building since I started playing X-wing in wave 6 of 1.0. She is in many of my 2.0 lists as well, and I have done okay with her. Jake is also a staple of my list building, yet both are absent from my favorite lists of 2019. 

23 minutes ago, FTS Gecko said:

Am I allowed to just post "Cartel Marauder" five times?

Only if you list it five different ways. That said, we all knew it was coming anyway so the post is redundant five times over. 😁

My top Five:

Drea and 5 Scyks with Autoblasters (except the kid who forgot what day it was and brought Jamming instead.) This list is just fun for a swarm. The Scyks are all greedy little kids and once the engagement point is set they run in all directions. Drea just supervises and makes sure that nobody gets abducted - does a poor job at it, but well... 

Quad Phantoms. I know, I know... I didn't hide in the corner though and chose to joust people... and just slide out of the way. Was I top tier? No. Was competitive enough with it and it was fun to play. I may still play it without juke just because it was fun... I'll let the hate die down first though...

Honestly, never stuck with any other lists for very long. Using Porkins and Ezra in a TIE Fighter right now in a single list (with Luke and Norra) and it's been pretty solid.

Also got R2-D2 with a Gonk Droid in a Republic list (Ani in an N1, Kenobi and Koon with CLT)... though I think this one is more the joke than flying the way I like to. Jedi arc dodging is pretty easy, and while I'm sweating making one mistake in such low scoring games... um...  it's just not my game.

Edited by LagJanson

Sear Swarm: All TFDs Struts, 2 w/ Discords

5As: Lulo, Talli, Greer, Zari & Blue (pre points change)

Big XXX Deal: Finn, Jess, Snap & Bastian

Supreme Leader Kylo: Kylo, Scorch, 2 Zeta SFs, & Epsilon Cadet

Lumi Beef: Luminara, Wolffe, Matchstick, & Broadside

1) Maul's Revenge

Darth Maul (67)
Sense (5)
Tractor Beam (2)

Chertek (39)
Crack Shot (1)
Ensnare (10)

Trade Federation Drone (19)

This was the list I took to Worlds. In practice up to Worlds, I did not lose a single game. It has everything, blocking, ship count, force, control, ace counter, double tap, large base for space denial. The only list I feared was the list that knocked me out in round 7 - Boba Fenn (also did not want to face guri/fenn). The changing of dials post planning phase with init 5 and above negates Sense, blocking, and counters Chertek. The list was fun to fly and basically the only time I ever flew CIS apart from trying Maul/Dooku when CIS first was released.

2) Wedge's Command

Wedge Antilles (55)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)

Jake Farrell (36)
Crack Shot (1)

Luke Skywalker (62)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)

Braylen Stramm (51)
Total: 205

This is the list that punched my ticket to World's. I flew it at Seattle System Open and got 25th. I only lost to non-hyperspace lists (like quad phantoms) so I took it into the Hyperspace Qualifiers and went undefeated, beating three Rebel Beef lists in a row and facing off against a Wat Vulture Swarm in the last match. This list hits ridiculously hard and I erased many Wedges in one round on my way to victory. It's rebel beef without the need for a Uwing slowing you down and Jake allows Wedge to be very Acey and flank while Braylen and Luke joust the middle of the field. It's illegal now, unfortunately, but Daniel Taylor came up with a good substitute (basically dropping Luke for Blount and a Z95).

3) Vader, Daredevil Soonts, Inqy

Grand Inquisitor (52)
Sense (5)
Fire-Control System (2)

Soontir Fel (53)
Daredevil (3)
Targeting Computer (3)

Darth Vader (67)
Passive Sensors (3)
Afterburners (6)
Total: 194

This is currently the list I am flying now, and will be my list for the foreseeable future. I took the Oli's Worlds list and Swapped Whisper for Soontir to give to two i6's and a larger bid. This gives me advantage over republic Jedi that have seem to all gone i5, and I get the jump on Worlds copycats. It started as a Daredevil Soontir test list, and is now my mainstay. Soonts with daredevil just gives sooo many more options for the baron, it almost feels like an i6 dutchess. In my last tourney I went 4-1 and only lost 1 ship (Inqy) in all 5 games.

4) Vader, Soontir, Kagi

Darth Vader (67)
Fire-Control System (2)
Afterburners (6)

Captain Kagi (48)
Freelance Slicer (3)
Grand Inquisitor (14)
ST-321 (4)

Soontir Fel (53)
Predator (2)
Total: 199

This list is so fun and so good. Ships cannot target lock your aces cuz of Kagi. Kagi just reinforces all game, and gives coordinates out to your aces after the enemies highest initiative ship reveals its dial. I added Freelance slicers after Vader and Hatchetman became a thing. Now Vader and Hatchetman do diddly squat, cuz the locks go to Kagi and he slices them off with his own lock. Enemy Vaders are just pea-shooters. lol. Have not flown it in the current meta, but would definitely drop freelance for krennic I think, since many lists are going tokened up with inquisitors and whispers, etc.

5) Obi, Mace, Lil Ani

Mace Windu (45)
Precognitive Reflexes (7)
C1-10P (7)
Delta-7B (18)

Obi-Wan Kenobi (47)
Sense (5)
R2-A6 (6)
Calibrated Laser Targeting (4)

Anakin Skywalker (41)
Passive Sensors (3)
R2 Astromech (4)
Proton Torpedoes (13)

This is probably my most fun list currently that I just have in my bag for any casual night game. Precog Mace with Chopper can jam just about anyone. Add a boost with a 5K and he gets his spent precog force back. All three ships have some form of pre dial maneuvers to counter swarm play.

6 minutes ago, wurms said:

4) Vader, Soontir, Kagi

Darth Vader (67)
Fire-Control System (2)
Afterburners (6)

Captain Kagi (48)
Freelance Slicer (3)
Grand Inquisitor (14)
ST-321 (4)

Soontir Fel (53)
Predator (2)
Total: 199

This list is so fun and so good. Ships cannot target lock your aces cuz of Kagi. Kagi just reinforces all game, and gives coordinates out to your aces after the enemies highest initiative ship reveals its dial. I added Freelance slicers after Vader and Hatchetman became a thing. Now Vader and Hatchetman do diddly squat, cuz the locks go to Kagi and he slices them off with his own lock. Enemy Vaders are just pea-shooters. lol. Have not flown it in the current meta, but would definitely drop freelance for krennic I think, since many lists are going tokened up with inquisitors and whispers, etc.

one of my locals took a variant of that to the cut of Canadian Nats. Played it locally, it's super good and fun to play. 

2 hours ago, Wiredin said:

2) Miranda Lives! - Extended competition list

Miranda Doni (43)
Diamond-Boron Missiles (6)
Han Solo (14)
Sabine Wren (3)
Seismic Charges (3)
Proton Bombs (5)
Shield Upgrade (4)

Esege Tuketu (45)
Barrage Rockets (8)
Perceptive Copilot (8)
Proton Bombs (5)

Wedge Antilles (55)
Crack Shot (1)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)

I almost need to try this. Dont know how many times I have started a list with Esege and Wedge and Esege always gets cut at the end.

1. Quad Phantoms got me my SOS templates.  I was also not one of those to sit in the corner but actually engaged all of my opponents.  Super fun list for those that love flying "dodgy" ships.

2. Kylo (sense, protons, pattern) Tavson  (snoke, adv sensors, biohex, phasma) is a list that I had a ton of fun with.  Placed second at a hyper trial with it.  Its a very hard hitting list, but it doesn't like to see the super high ship counts of todays meta.

3. 5As.(tali, greer, zari, 2 blues)  Love the speed, accuracy, and time on target of these.

4. Kylo, Tav, QD.  Super fun list that can handle a wide variety of lists.  Did well for me at nova.

5. Currently i'm running mainly Echo because of how agile and maneuverable she is!

I know I joke about the whole Cartel Marauder thing, but it's been a fun year with the Kihraxz.  4-2 at the UK open with 3 Black Sun Aces and two HLC Tansarri vets was followed by 4-2 at the Italian Open with 5 Marauders, then 4-2 at the Euros (and literally one Hull on the last roll of the dice from the cut) after the price drop and the addition on DMS.

Finally, made the cut at the Italian GC with the DMS Marauders and a sweet Italian Scum damage deck to remember the weekend by.

Hyperspace events have been a real uphill struggle for me, though; I've yet to find a list I love in that format.

• Palp Defenders: 2x Delta, OGP(Palpatine) - I've really enjoyed defenders in 2e.  I know they aren't popular, but they're just these engines of inevitability.  They can really grind stuff down.
  • I've Got A Fang: Fenn Rau (Outmaneuver), Old Terroch (Fearless), Kad Solus (Elusive) - Fangs are fun.  Aces, but aggressive.
  • Omega Special: 4x Omega Expert TIE/sf (Crack Shot, Advanced Optics), Backdraft (CS, Optics) - Turns out, cheap ships with lots of firing arcs are good.
  • Fenn-ion Rings: Fenn Rau (-), 3-4 Cartel Spacers (Ion Cannon), 0-1 Sunny Bounder (Autoblasters) - Ion is underrated, y'all.
  • Double Double Bubble: Sear(Kraken, Soulless One, Impervium), Grievous (Crack Shot), DFS-311 (Struts), 2x Feethan Ottraw Autopilots - I know I shouldn't like Belbullabs, but I do.
  • Honorable mention
    • Too new to really make the list, but: DOOM PATROL. Patrol Leader (Hull Upgrade, Seventh Sister), Patrol Leader (Hull Upgrade, Fifth Brother), Duchess (-) - Basically, this list is a gamble that my opponent simply can't kill it in 75 minutes.  Reinforce and a tonne of health against numbers, and double-mod turrets against low-ship-counts.

37 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:
  •  
  • Honorable mention
    • Too new to really make the list, but: DOOM PATROL. Patrol Leader (Hull Upgrade, Seventh Sister), Patrol Leader (Hull Upgrade, Fifth Brother), Duchess (-) - Basically, this list is a gamble that my opponent simply can't kill it in 75 minutes.  Reinforce and a tonne of health against numbers, and double-mod turrets against low-ship-counts.

That was a matchup that scared me at my last hyperspace champs. I was flying my Poe AAA list against it and was really scared I wouldn't be able to punch enough damage to win on points. He had RAC and a PL. I did pull it out at time, but barely. in one of the last rounds I got a panic pilot and hull breach through and he had 7 hull left. stayed in his blind spot with Tallie and Poe and just took it down. But yea, it's a real real pig to beat. I was only able to win by getting him to split them up so I was only getting fired on once per turn on average. 

1 hour ago, Blail Blerg said:

@theBitterFig, btw. I think Sinker+Hull, Arc, 4 Torrents, 1 point bid does the can't kill it in time thing a bit better. Decis go down fast from my experience and dont fire enough. You can remove 2 torrents for Ric's if you want an ace in there. 

Maybe, but Sinkerswarm isn't also a pair of 3-dice turrets with a Pocket Ace thrown in.

b09.png

Edited by theBitterFig

In no particular order:

• Republic 2x2: For those not familiar, 2 Delta-7Bs and 2 Gold Squadron V-19s. I started flying it when Republic first landed and, when nothing else clicked, defaulted back to it 2 days before the Sydney SOS. It then carried me to the Top 4.
  • RAC + Fel: A late entry, as I only flew it for the first time this weekend and, to my surprise, found it to be a lot of fun and much more effective than I thought. It's not particularly subtle -- just use RAC as a giant battering ram whose job is to trade for enough of the enemy that Fel can clean up. But hey, it works.
  • Inquisitive Vynder: The Jendon + Quizzies list, but switches Grand Quiz out for a Diamond-Boron Major Vynder. Almost certainly a downgrade overall (although sending a Diamond-Boron into a Vulture swarm and following it with a Concussion is perhaps my favourite thing to do in 2.0), but what can I say? The power of GUNBOAT compelled me.
  • Poe AAA: I ended up putting this away because I decided it wasn't strong enough competitively, but it was a lot of fun. Might pick it up again now I'm done with competitive play for a little while.
  • Stressful Botting: 88A, 88B, 4-LOM. Like Poe AAA, got shelved because it wasn't good enough (but it's not that far off), but as a 1.0 BroBot main it was most enjoyable.
Edited by DR4CO

I try (and fail) to test everything across all factions once or twice but these are the “main” lists I have run since 2.0s launch. My Top 5 favorite are bolded.

5 Striker Wampa 

Whisper Sloane + 4 Strikers

Whisper Sloane + 3 Strikers + Wampa

Kylo Snoke Tavson

Kylo Biohex Tavson Quickdraw 200 pts

Kylo + 4 FOs

Kylo Quickdraw Scorch Rivas

Kylo Quickdraw Scorch

Soontir Duchess 3 Striker 

Soontir Howl Swarm

Vader Soontir + ( basically everything)

Fenn Palob Old T

Fenn Palob Kavil

Fenn Guri Talonbane

Luke Hera+

Luke Wedge BB 

Luke Wedge Arvel Jake

Poe + Snap+ 

Poe + AAA

Obi Ric Ani Torrent Torrent

Obi 5 Torrents 

Edited by Boom Owl

Early 2019: squad leader Null, QuickDraw loaded up, 3x omega aces with fanatical and long shot with trick shot for a cool 200 points. Until ffg broke it. I won the salt mines with this at a pod based tournament (3-0 in the second half/salt mine pod). Janky fun. Just don’t fly against Kevin Leintz with this list, and then in the panic put QD on a rock. Doh!

late 2019: Obi 7b with r2, Ric with r2 and predator, 3x gold squad torrents. This list landed me in top 16 at a hyperspace trial (almost top 8!), and went on to get me 4-2 at LCQ and into worlds. Had tons of fun with this list.

Honorable mentions go to Howl + Inferno swarm, a Lando, Jake, and Dutch funsy build I had, and a janky overpriced R2 (the pilot) with snap shot, 3PO crew and Cody, backed up by Obi and Plo. 

1. Vorpal Blade (198)
Fenn Rau - Crack Shot (69)
Captain Seevor - Crack Shot (31)
Black Sun Assassin - Crack Shot (49) x2

This is my ace-hunting scum list, and it hunts aces well. It's performed excellently at tournaments and is very fun to fly.

2. Chopper Jedi (199)
Luminara Unduli - R2, 7B (67)
Plo Koon - CLT, C1-10P (55)
Obi-Wan Kenobi - Sense, R2, 7B (77)

A jedi with chopper is quite possibly one of my favourite ships in the game. It's like duck-taping captain seevor onto an ace. There are a variety of strong squads with chopper jedi and I still want to explore this space, but I think this one is most promising.

3. Hot Rod (200)
Whisper - Juke, passive sensors, 5bro, stealth device
RAC - Vader, Moff J, Novice Tech, Lone Wolf, Proton Bombs, Hull Upgrade, Dauntless

This is the creation of wizard list-builder Dalli who also made the excellent BoFrost list. It dredged the Decimator out of the dumpster and into top tier competition. Finally, it actually feels like the warship it's meant to be, instead of a wimpy fireball of crits.

4. There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom (200)
Koshka Frost - Crack shot, Boba Fett, Rigged Cargo, Proton Bombs, Andrasta, Electro-Proton Bomb (102)
Captain Nym - Crack shot, Ion Cannon turret, shield upgrade, Havoc, Trajectory simulator, seismic charges, proton bombs, dengar
Autopilot Drone (12)

This is without a doubt the dumbest list I've ever flown (yes, that includes the list below) and I love it. You really need to have a solid plan for the start of the game, because you've spent a great deal of points on the turn 0 Boba deployment and electro-proton bomb! That said, you can absolutely pummel your opponent with bombs, especially once you get their shields down. I originally had Emon, but switched over to Koshka as she's cheaper and also has a better pilot ability. You can still hit people pretty easily with a proton bomb even without the emon drop. The list certainly isn't perfect (dropping the drone and a few upgrades for seevor or something might be a decent idea) but it is pretty hilarious.

5. Dead men's Cartel (199)
Unkar Plutt - Deadmans Switch
Captain Jostero - Deadmans Switch
Cartel Marauder - Deadmans Switch x3

6 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

Am I allowed to just post "Cartel Marauder" five times?

Sadly, I only have four of these brilliant ships, but that's plenty when you have a powerhouse wingman like Unkar to wreak Havoc on your opponent. This list leaks HP real fast, but that's probably(?) ok because you can blow up to kill people! Dropping a marauder down to unkar has the added bonus of making room for Jostero, who is certainly janky but is easily one of my all-time favourite pilots. Props to Gisli for telling me how much fun he had with 5 deadman marauders.

Honourable mention goes to the four horsemen list, which is still a mainstay of my scum list-building. This list has had a number of variations over the course of 2.0. It's not as bonkers as it was back in the days of torpedo kavil + palob, but it's still pretty nasty. There are plenty of variations, and we are even seeing 5-ship versions now, but the key is usually starting with captain seevor and adding pilots at i3 and below. Stars include Sol with mines and bombadier, 4-lom with advanced sensors (powerful, but a little expensive), cartel executioner with r5-p8, and the whacky trick shot zuckuss with qira. It's a strong list that brings plenty of control and big guns, but is a bit lacking in mobility.

1. Rey + Poe. Went undefeated swiss and got top 4 at a fairly major Hyperspace with it. Wrecks Jedi like nobodies business. Good fun all around, but also very unforgiving of mistakes or the 5% of the time your dice just utterly fail you.

2. Anything with DBS-404. Hilarious ship, it's easily my standout pilot of the year. I've played a lot of different CIS lists with him in it and he always does work, even if that work is dying first and getting the other ships past the initial joust. Adv. Protons make him a ship deleter, which gets even better with the control droid or Nantex around.

3. Tallie and two MG-100s. Puts out an absolute crap ton of damage, ran it earlier in the year when TIE swarms were more of a thing. Sadly points nerf to Tallie puts it at 201 and I just don't feel like playing around with it more because I put a lot of work into getting a list that fit the way I wanted.

4. Vader and two Gunboats. 2e version of an old favorite was made to work again after passive sensors came out. Fun times.

5. Anakin and Obi. Two ship is honestly rather fun. It's not an every game sort of list but back when it was the only competitive list Republic had I had some fun with this one. I eventually dropped it and Jedi lists in general when I realized how much they are about running away. I prefer to kill my opponent in under 30 minutes not going to time almost every game.

Edited by DarkArk

10 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

Finally, made the cut at the Italian GC with the DMS Marauders and a sweet Italian Scum damage deck to remember the weekend by.

Wait wait wait? When did you get yours, I thought they haven't shipped them out yet, or was I left behind. 

47 minutes ago, FTS Gecko said:

Arrived on Saturday here in the UK, so I expect everyone will be getting them very soon!

Did you get any extra stuff? I remember being promised extra stuff for them not having it on site. 

1. 4-LOM Disruption crew. I've played many variants, but here's one: 4-LOM: Mist Hunter, Adv Sensors, Crack Shot. Old Teroch: Crack Shot. Torani Kulda: Swarm Tactics. Seevor.

2. Fenn's Bushwackers. Fenn Rau: Predator. 2x Tansarii Point Veteran: Marksmanship, Autoblasters. 2x Mining Guild Surveyor: Intimidation.

3. Dogfighting Damage. Fenn Rau: Predator. Talonbane Cobra: Predator. Serissu: Marksmanship, Autoblasters. Tansarii Point Veteran: Marksmanship, Autoblasters.

4. Danger Zone. Bounty Hunter: Perceptive Copilot, Proton Bombs, Deadman's Switch. Unkar Plutt: Proton Bombs, Deadman's Switch. Sarco Plank: Proton Bombs, Deadman's Switch. Cartel Marauder: Deadman's Switch.

5. Stressful. Han Solo: Qi'ra, Trick Shot, Lando's Millenium Falcon. 4-LOM: Mist Hunter, Adv Sensors, Zuckuss, Crack Shot. Fenn Rau: Predator.