Jump to content
JJH_BATMAN

Discuss complaints about Star Wars here.

Recommended Posts

The title says it all. People are free to argue about the new Star Wars movies or whatever, but can you please do it on this thread instead. I'm tired of going to every thread here (exaggeration but you get my point) and see it devolve into arguments and people being unsavoury to eachother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Very serious RANT

How come, despite my best efforts, well thought of plans, loaded dice, and heavily spiking their drinks even, no matter what I seem to do,  in about 15% of Armada games,  20% of Legion games, and well over 50% X - Wing games,  some random nice, considerate and cheerful guy across the game table from me still wins a game now and then?

What the hellen?!   Don’t you realize thy are playing Rebels!!  Or, Heaven help us all,  Scum!   I want a game with clear cut definitive rules where The Daring (some say Darling) Imperial players win 110% of ALL  matches (extra 10% for style duh).   Like what’s up with all this dice rolling???   I want an Imperial WIN three point four seconds after set up. 

Come on FFG.  Stop being fair and true.  Help The Empire bring Order to in this lawless time.

Be the Hero.  BE IMPERIAL.

 

Also side note,  why doesn't each and every mini I have not come hand painted, modified and personalized by @Sorastro??!

Step to it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a huge fan of Star Wars, and always will be.

The Last Jedi crashed so many things for me that I'm having a really hard time looking forward to the Rise of Skywalker.  Rey is unbelievable as a character (and she's a Mary Sue), Luke turned back into whiny garbage, Finn had an awkward relationship foisted upon him and became a spokesperson for Rich People Bad, Snoke destroyed an ENTIRE REPUBLIC in one multi-shot and then got lamely wasted by Mini-Me Vader before we learned why and how he'd managed to become so damned powerful, and Admiral Holdo was an idiot who could have avoided most of the mess SHE caused if she'd let the Republic's premier starfighter ace in on her plan to begin with.

DJ, I will grant, was an awesome and complex character. But the vast majority of the movie almost just gives me heartburn when I think about it. 

Edited by Vectivus333

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoyed the Last Jedi but I think they did a poor job of making it clear that the reason the escaping shuttles were discovered was because when Poe finally found out the plan he immediately spilled the beans and the bad guys found out. At the time I felt like I had to explain that to too many people.  I'm all for subtlety, but this is something I think they should have bashed us in the face with.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Whalers on the moon said:

I enjoyed the Last Jedi but I think they did a poor job of making it clear that the reason the escaping shuttles were discovered was because when Poe finally found out the plan he immediately spilled the beans and the bad guys found out. At the time I felt like I had to explain that to too many people.  I'm all for subtlety, but this is something I think they should have bashed us in the face with.  

This is functionally the only reason Canto Bight had to exist, so they could get DJ and get him to leak to the FO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finn should have been the reason Holdo and others were so cagey. He was a Stormtrooper 2 days ago! And most of the people who can vouch for him are either dead or not around, and the main person (Poe) saying he's ok is a hot-head and isn't quite trusted with major military decisions anyway. Play up the paranoia and mistrust of this desperate, 'last' group of Resistance. They can't afford to just let a very recent defector have access and knowledge to all their plans.

As it stands, the entire Holdo/Poe side of the film is just "follow orders or else" and that is more First Order than Resistance. And just seems lazy.

I don't HATE TLJ like some do, but it's just Thor: The Dark Wolrd for me. I saw it, I know what happened, I don't need to rewatch it again lol It's like Rian had a great script written around Rey and Luke and Keylo, but then someone reminded him that there were other characters in Force Awakens and thought "oh...um...well here's some arguments and a casino planet, done!"

Also, Rose should have been Jess Pava. Already established, a great actor, a pilot (which Finn seems to always need) and someone Poe would trust to go with Finn (and would trust Poe's judgement on this ex-stormtrooper).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, InterceptorMad said:

Finn should have been the reason Holdo and others were so cagey. He was a Stormtrooper 2 days ago! And most of the people who can vouch for him are either dead or not around, and the main person (Poe) saying he's ok is a hot-head and isn't quite trusted with major military decisions anyway. Play up the paranoia and mistrust of this desperate, 'last' group of Resistance. They can't afford to just let a very recent defector have access and knowledge to all their plans.

Finn did kind of redeam himself in the raid on Starkiller base though.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, LTuser said:

Finn did kind of redeam himself in the raid on Starkiller base though.. 

Yes but again, the 3 people that were with him and saw all that are either a) away looking for Luke or b) dead. Poe knows him, and Leia kinda does, but that's it. Holdo and the other top brass, especially when Leia is out of action, don't know him aside from "you were a stormtrooper 2 days ago and this guy I don't trust enough to tell my plan is the only one who vouches for you". But again it is more that I felt they REALLY needed to push the paranoia feeling, rather than just having Holdo say "listen to me just because".

It also makes me HATE Rose's line about him being the big hero. How the **** does she, seemingly just a random mechanic, know what he did enough to know he's a hero? Another reason she should have been Jess, she at least was in the battle and would have been breifed on the plan and seen Finn there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, InterceptorMad said:

Yes but again, the 3 people that were with him and saw all that are either a) away looking for Luke or b) dead. Poe knows him, and Leia kinda does, but that's it. Holdo and the other top brass, especially when Leia is out of action, don't know him aside from "you were a stormtrooper 2 days ago and this guy I don't trust enough to tell my plan is the only one who vouches for you". But again it is more that I felt they REALLY needed to push the paranoia feeling, rather than just having Holdo say "listen to me just because".

It also makes me HATE Rose's line about him being the big hero. How the **** does she, seemingly just a random mechanic, know what he did enough to know he's a hero? Another reason she should have been Jess, she at least was in the battle and would have been breifed on the plan and seen Finn there.

You do realize this is several weeks at least, later. So Poe or Chewie or Ray could have told the story of what he did, to lots of folk, before they went off..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, LTuser said:

You do realize this is several weeks at least, later. So Poe or Chewie or Ray could have told the story of what he did, to lots of folk, before they went off..

Is it though? It always seemed like a day, especially as it then wouldn't really line up with how long Rey is on Ach-To. Is it stated anywhere that it's weeks?

Either way, it still is in dire need of someone (or multiple someones) causing the Resitance top brass to be more cagey with Poe and others. That whole side of the film just feels like an afterthought.

Edited by InterceptorMad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not here to spend a lot of time bashing the prequels and it seems like many who do have a fandom built around hate and are missing the core concept of the entire series.  

But even after all of that R2-D2s rocket legs bug the **** outta me and have been costing me sleep for seventeen years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually watched a trilogy back-to-back showing. And....yeah The Last Jedi triggered me as much as I remember. 

I'm not expecting Shakespeare, but I rapidly reached the one-blatant-plothole-too-many limit with episode VIII. Rise of Skywalker was good, in a turn-your-brain off kind of way, but it did feel like a cut-price adaption of the Dark Empire series (which is hardly a spoiler to anyone who's seen the various setpiece shots in the trailers).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...