Digitalfiends

2nd ed Raider cancelled?

Anyone else see Crabbok’s video:

Edit:  The Raider is no longer listed under Galactic Empire Expansions on the X-Wing product page.  

Apparently, FFG is suggesting that we buy the 1.0 version which, first off is impossible to find locally, and secondly that will also require the huge ship conversion kit!  The Raider will now cost us $129.95 US + ridiculous shipping?  Gee thanks FFG, I’d love to buy your old stock from you at the original pricing that requires me to buy what should be an unneeded expansion too!  Uh, no thanks.

I’m a big FFG supporter and have pretty much all Legion & Armada products, plus a good selection of X-Wing 1.0 and 2.0 stuff; plus, complete Descent, Arkham Horror LCG, etc.  So I’ve been a good FFG fanboy over the years, but with all the recent product delays, miscommunications, problems with product quality (e.g. my SSD is warped and parts misaligned), and now questionable cancellations...don’t know.  I think it might be time to take a break from buying their products until they fix whatever internal/manufacturer problems they are experiencing.

..oh and apparently my (unopened) CR90 also has a misprinted maneuver dial?  I think I’ll be returning it.  No point in keeping it since I won’t have a Raider to play against it.

Come on FFG get it together...

Edit:  I guess what ticks me off is that they would have known about this for awhile now but likely have hidden this info to sell more 2.0 CR90s.

Edited by Digitalfiends

Yikes. Yeah, I saw this video earlier today as well.

Canceling Saw's Renegades makes a little bit of sense, since you can already get a T-65 and the U-Wing should eventually get its own 2.0 version. Releasing a product that contains a U-Wing before a standalone U-Wing expansion is available doesn't make much sense to me.

But I don't understand canceling the Raider or the Reaper. I already have a Raider, so that's not as much of a problem for me, but I still don't have a TIE Reaper because I've been waiting for the 2.0 version with everything corrected.

43 minutes ago, Digitalfiends said:

Anyone else see Crabbok’s video:

Apparently, FFG is suggesting that we buy the 1.0 version which, first off is impossible to find locally, and secondly that will also require the huge ship conversion kit!  The Raider will now cost us $129.95 US + ridiculous shipping?  Gee thanks FFG, I’d love to buy your old stock from you at the original pricing that requires me to buy what should be an unneeded expansion too!  Uh, no thanks.

I’m a big FFG supporter and have pretty much all Legion & Armada products, plus a good selection of X-Wing 1.0 and 2.0 stuff; plus, complete Descent, Arkham Horror LCG, etc.  So I’ve been a good FFG fanboy over the years, but with all the recent product delays, miscommunications, problems with product quality (e.g. my SSD is warped and parts misaligned), and now questionable cancellations...don’t know.  I think it might be time to take a break from buying their products until they fix whatever internal/manufacturer problems they are experiencing.

..oh and apparently my (unopened) CR90 also has a misprinted maneuver dial?  I think I’ll be returning it.  No point in keeping it since I won’t have a Raider to play against it.

Come on FFG get it together...

Edit:  I guess what ticks me off is that they would have known about this for awhile now but likely have hidden this info to sell more 2.0 CR90s.

You could contact FFG support to get a new CR90 dial.

But yeah, the lack of transparency on this was not good. There was no formal notification article about these cancellations. They were just quietly removed from the announcement articles and Upcoming pages.

EDIT: These types of announcements also have me a bit concerned for the long-term viability of 2nd Edition, and whether the game can continue to grow during this phase where FFG has to reprint older product that a lot of players already own.

Edited by PhantomFO

42 minutes ago, Digitalfiends said:

The Raider will now cost us $129.95 US + ridiculous shipping?  Gee thanks FFG, I’d love to buy your old stock from you at the original pricing that requires me to buy what should be an unneeded expansion too!  Uh, no thanks.

The Raider is $ 50 on Amazon.com. I ordered it 3 days ago. Shipping to Europe was $ 28.

Also, this weekend I bought the Imperial Assault Cruiser and the Rebel Transport for € 30 ($ 33) at a convention and a conversion kit for € 31 ($34)

So, for 50 + 28 + 33 + 33 + 34 = 178 I have 3 huge ships, ready for 2.0. That's $ 59 per ship, which is pretty cheap if you ask me. (I already had the Corvette and the C-Roc for which I paid RRP)

Just keep looking for good deals.

3 minutes ago, heckathornjeff said:

Interesting I have not scene it for less than $106 on amazon for weeks and it ships from Great Briton so costs an additional $21.

amazon.com/gp/product/1616619678/

Price has increased with $3 as it is now $ 53

Edited by Jedi Bendu

10 minutes ago, Jedi Bendu said:

The Raider is $ 50 on Amazon.com. I ordered it 3 days ago. Shipping to Europe was $ 28.

Also, this weekend I ...

That is an incredible deal but haven’t found anything like that in my searches...

11 minutes ago, Jedi Bendu said:

amazon.com/gp/product/1616619678/

Price has increased with $3 as it is now $ 53

With the cheapest shipping it is $102.39 CAD, which includes $15cad import fees and $13.78cad shipping.

I was looking at returning my CR90 but it looks like I’m past the 14 day window...BUT...I did find that my game store has one 1st ed Raider for $105.  Since I can’t return my CR90, I’m biting the bullet and getting 1st ed + huge ship conversion.  But, in an effort to show my displeasure with having to do this, I’ve cancelled my Armada Onager pre-order and will be holding off any future pre-orders too (for now at least). First-world problems and all but you’ve got to draw the line somewhere. ;) 

Edit:  I wonder if they’ll cancel the rebel transport as well?

Edited by Digitalfiends

1 minute ago, Punning Pundit said:

I only watched the first 4 minutes. Do we have a better source that a YouTube video quoting an email from a source that wasn't named in the first 4 minutes?

Crabbok goes on to say he contacted FFG directly and that it was confirmed.  Also, if you look on the X-Wing 2.0 product page and go to Galactic Empire expansions, the Raider is no longer listed.  

Edited by Digitalfiends

So, where are those folks who accused me of being an FFG apologist earlier? :) 

This is complete bantha poodoo. This makes it really hard on new players who wanted the Raider (really? Hope to find one on amazon? Or buy above and beyond retail to buy 1.0 and conversion for it?). Or an established player seeking to buy a second for a First Order repaint.

It will hurt their overall sales I suspect.

I understand the reaper and Saw’s Renegades because at least those two 1.0 packages have the second edition content onboard. You can buy them and play them in either edition immediately, and that’s ok. It’s this nonsense about the Raider that has me salty, especially when they decide to communicate this mere weeks upon estimated delivery. I can’t imagine they said “just kidding” right now - they had to have known months ago to halt production.

Very bad move, FFG. 

I think the decision was made based on FFG's own current stock.

Raider, Reaper and Saw's are still available for sale on the first edition product page. At least they're showing as available for me here in the US.

First Edition page:  

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing/

Raider's product page:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing/products/x-wing-imperial-raider-expansion-pack/

Reaper's:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing/products/tie-reaper-expansion-pack/

Saw's:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing/products/saws-renegades-expansion-pack

Worth a look.

8 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Raider, Reaper and Saw's are still available for sale on the first edition product page. At least they're showing as available for me here in the US.

First Edition page:  

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing/

Raider's product page:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing/products/x-wing-imperial-raider-expansion-pack/

Reaper's:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing/products/tie-reaper-expansion-pack/

Saw's:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing/products/saws-renegades-expansion-pack

Worth a look.

But who wants to pay full price for a first edition raider without any playable content? Makes no sense to me.

19 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

Very bad move, FFG. 

110% agree.

The hype they had going on for Epic is getting cut off at the knees.  Especially with no support in an app and now no Raider.

14 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

That seems like a non-sequitur.  They should have known their stock from the get-go.

In the beginning it did seem odd to me that Saw and Reaper were getting 2nd Ed re-release (since they had 2.0 content in the first place) over ships that have no 2.0 content at all.  I had figured it was just because they were an "easy" release with content actually removed rather than updated.

Again, really bad for hype to have things announced and then rescinded.

Edited by Darth Meanie

2 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

Again, really bad for hype to have things announced and then rescinded.

I think that is what bugs me the most.  There was so much fanfare around Epic and Huge Ship Conversion kits that it got people like me, that held off the 1st ed big ships, to buy-in.  If they had cancelled the CR90 and Raider together that’d make more sense.  

if they have a lot of old Raider product, why not just print the 2.0 cardboard box, cards, and stands and repackage what they have (obviously with a bit of transparency that this is what they are doing).  Alternatively, offer the Raider at a slight discount to offset the cost of the conversion kit.

Argh.

17 minutes ago, Digitalfiends said:

I think that is what bugs me the most.  There was so much fanfare around Epic and Huge Ship Conversion kits that it got people like me, that held off the 1st ed big ships, to buy-in.  If they had cancelled the CR90 and Raider together that’d make more sense.  

if they have a lot of old Raider product, why not just print the 2.0 cardboard box, cards, and stands and repackage what they have (obviously with a bit of transparency that this is what they are doing).  Alternatively, offer the Raider at a slight discount to offset the cost of the conversion kit.

Argh.

Or create a legitimate all new ship as an opener.  The Consular Corvette is an obvious design for Republic, or as I have stated numerous times in the past, the Corellian Gunboat could make an awesome All/Any Faction ship.  There would be something new for everyone, 1.0 ships to be converted from back-stock to flesh out rosters, and none of this weirdness.

As another thought:

Does the 2.0 Raider currently feature a CR-90 dial???  Ooooooooops!!!!

Edited by Darth Meanie

30 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

The hype they had going on for Epic is getting cut off at the knees.  Especially with no support in an app and now no Raider.

...and still no word on when we're actually getting the epic conversion kits. It used to be that we had simultaneous worldwide releases. These days it's more like a limited US release, and then wherever else, eventually, maybe, I guess? As far as I can tell the FLGS has no idea, the webshops don't know, and even the distributor is in the dark. What is going on here?