TalkPolite

FFG Upcoming Product Updates

Legion Community! I have some updates for you straight from FFGs Marketing Department. 

Some of you may have noticed a couple of updates on the FFG Upcoming Products page today. Unfortunately, due to the Holidays there have been some product delays that have pushed the following products back to January: 

Crashed Escape Pod
Imperial Bunker
Personnel Expansions (All) 

Additionally, the following products are being held for a simultaneous worldwide release, and may be delayed until January as well

Operative Luke
Operative Vader

Although it sucks to disseminate the bad news, we did have some good news as well! According to FFG, we should have three new unit announcement articles before mid December. Not final previews before a product releases, but three brand new product announcements before December 13th! 

Please share in your local communities!

Three is an odd number, be very interested to see what they are.

It's a shame about delays, but it's a busy time and I don't think anybody expected them to actually release all of the metric butt-load of stuff they said they would in Dec. 

Though dollars to donuts, the Operative packs will probably end up accidentally breaking that world-wide release like everything else if they hold them. 

9 minutes ago, UnitOmega said:

Three is an odd number, be very interested to see what they are.

It's a shame about delays, but it's a busy time and I don't think anybody expected them to actually release all of the metric butt-load of stuff they said they would in Dec. 

Though dollars to donuts, the Operative packs will probably end up accidentally breaking that world-wide release like everything else if they hold them. 

They said three articles, not three units ;) Most initial articles are combos! 

24 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if one article was Cassian and Iden with their counterparts since those products have leaked, assuming the leak was real.

It'd be a real nice surprise if they switched to an xwing style "wave" announcement but not holding my breath. I have low expectations for the third one, thinking accessories such as more paint sets for the new factions.....

Edited by Ralgon

24 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if one article was Cassian and Iden with their counterparts since those products have leaked, assuming the leak was real.

I think Cassian and Iden will be different articles. That still leaves a single one, but it's anyone's guess as to what that is.

1 hour ago, TalkPolite said:

They said three articles, not three units ;) Most initial articles are combos! 

Well, unless one of those is 4x releases, supposedly products are now being developed in "waves" of 8, so it's still a bit of an odd number.

I quake with anticipation. 

15 minutes ago, UnitOmega said:

Well, unless one of those is 4x releases, supposedly products are now being developed in "waves" of 8, so it's still a bit of an odd number.

I quake with anticipation. 

They responded to my question, it’ll be 5 new products. So 2, 2, and 1 is my guess. 

51 minutes ago, Ralgon said:

It'd be a real nice surprise if they switched to an xwing style "wave" announcement but not holding my breath. I have low expectations for the third one, thinking accessories such as more paint sets for the new factions

36 minutes ago, UnitOmega said:

They may be switching over to a wave release since in their Q&A they referred to it as waves, but we will not know until they fix whatever issues been hitting them. Also the 8 release in a quarter means their 2 at the end of each month will change in some way. Looks like February will be their big test on what comes out, when it will come out, and if it comes out on time.

27 minutes ago, TalkPolite said:

They responded to my question, it’ll be 5 new products. So 2, 2, and 1 is my guess. 

What a strange number. If Iden/Cassien are the missing two for Q1 release, then I wonder what the odd man out is????

3 hours ago, SoonerTed said:

The only groups worse at deadlines and project management than Fantasy Flight are software developers.  

Try the SSD for Armada. A year late and about 2 years without a release. Longer if you only play rebels.

3 hours ago, XR8rGREAT said:

Try the SSD for Armada. A year late and about 2 years without a release. Longer if you only play rebels.

Lightweight! Try being a near original backer of star citizen waiting for the single player... I believe my original order was over 6 years ago now and it's at least 4 over it's Kickstarter release date.....

9 hours ago, skins1924 said:

You think they will actually hit the January release? 🤣

Nope.

8 hours ago, SoonerTed said:

The only groups worse at deadlines and project management than Fantasy Flight are software developers.  

To be fair.... software devs always have evolving requirements where the customers go back and add features while the project is in flight. At least, every single customer I’ve ever worked with, whether outside party or a “customer” as in another department of the same company. Hard to stay on time when the quote of time is not for the same product that ends up delivered 

That's a shame, maybe they got delayed so they could meet the Armada deadli-   ....nope they got pushed back too....

I don't even know who is more clown now, me, for believing that FFG would meet deadlines they set, or them for still being 3 clowns in an overcoat pretending to be a company. 

I shouldn't complain, at least they're keeping us informed. 

Can't say I'm at all surprised for the delay.  Of course, I'm not all that interested in anything being delayed, so that probably helps me not really care.  Oh well.  

I am interested in seeing what they announce.  Two GCW Commanders/Operatives (we know the two), two Clone Wars units (Anakin/Ventress, or ARFs and Commandos for our SF option?), and Priority Supplies 2.0, with new battle cards? (Including Elimination perhaps?!?!)

12 hours ago, thepopemobile100 said:

I think Cassian and Iden will be different articles. That still leaves a single one, but it's anyone's guess as to what that is.

Not necessarily for the initial announcement. The Luke and Vader Operatives shared a single announcement, but had separate preview articles. 

I'd say the odd numbered one will be some sort of imperial/generic droid combo to balance out r2d2 and c3p0. 

BT and 000 from the comics, 4lom amd Zuckus, Cad bane and his Droid pal? Or some other slippery pan CIS/Empire operative. 

Edited by Alan Noir

6 minutes ago, Alan Noir said:

I'd say the odd numbered one will be some sort of imperial/generic droid combo to balance out r2d2 and c3p0. 

BT and 000 from the comics, 4lom amd Zuckus, Cad bane and his Droid pal? Or some other slippery pan CIS/Empire operative. 

I hope not. We dont have to have mirror units in every single faction, I would rather theh go for something more unique

9 minutes ago, lunitic501 said:

I hope not. We dont have to have mirror units in every single faction, I would rather theh go for something more unique

They've already stated they are starting to drift away from trying to do symmetrical releases.

8 minutes ago, Alan Noir said:

"Announcement" posts often combine the "mirrors," like the Vader/Luke Operative announcement. There was also a single announcement for all four of the unit upgrade packs. 

So having three upcoming announcements doesn't tell us much. It's possible it will be one announcement for GCW unit(s), one for CW unit(s), and one for some new neutral expansion such as a terrain piece. Alternately, it could be for three different units, or it could be for three different terrain pieces/accessories such as CW paint sets. 

13 hours ago, TalkPolite said:

Was what I made my assumption based on. Doesn't have to be a mirror unit, but numerically Rep and Rebels are one up in terms of number of available upgrades.

I’m just skeptical that the Cassian and Iden will be separate articles to help them pad the count “look here are THREE new articles!!”

If they hadn’t said that, I’d be more expecting them to be one.

I do think the other announcement(s) will at least cover the first clone wars SF units. Maybe we will see some other operative options.

I wouldn’t count on an r2/3PO imperial counterpart, in large part because that helps get the Rebels extra VP like bounty does.

What I am hoping (but not expecting): first universal operative Hondo Ohnaka.