Sign in to follow this  
Hexcessive

Veers, using some contrast paints

Greetings all,

Enclosed is some experimentation I'm opting to share with the GW Contrast range.

I Used Admin - Grey on his uniform, and some black on the helmet and holster/gun.  Flesh is contrast as well.

traditional paints:

Boots are black with coal black P3 highlight.

The chest plate, which I regret a bit, is just a standard metallic with Badab Black wash.  I wish I would of done black contrast on it as well.

Regardless he's an example of what grey and black looks like with the range.  Feedback welcome.

SWL_Veers_REVISED.jpg

Edited by Hexcessive

Thank you for the feedback @SFC Snuffy and @Sharkbelly.

I agree going a metallic on the breast plate is regrettable on my part.  With a gloss and matte finish already applied, I should probably leave it alone lest I potentially mess it up.

I wish I would of tried the Black contrast on it, to gently juxtapose a difference with the grey.

Ever forward, however, and I'm glad you both liked some of the results.  This paint range is pleasant and satisfying, but also a learning curve!

4 hours ago, Hexcessive said:

Thank you for the feedback @SFC Snuffy and @Sharkbelly.

I agree going a metallic on the breast plate is regrettable on my part.  With a gloss and matte finish already applied, I should probably leave it alone lest I potentially mess it up.

I wish I would of tried the Black contrast on it, to gently juxtapose a difference with the grey.

Ever forward, however, and I'm glad you both liked some of the results.  This paint range is pleasant and satisfying, but also a learning curve!

I tend to find using the grey better at leaving metal "metal" over the black (which is my goto for weapons), but nice job!

This is a great Veers.  He tends to look pretty boring without a lot of highlighting - and who wants to spend a lot of time highlighting Veers?  What really stands out is how well the contrast works in the face.  This may be the best Veers face I have seen.