Cloaker

Obi-Wan Kenobi, Rebel Crew. It's Time, FFG.

After 7 years, he's beyond long overdue to debut into the game for the Rebel Alliance. Rebels could benefit from having a Force crew besides Maul, who never sees Rebel play, and Kanan (who is still quite good for his cost but not as iconic)

Tons of great ideas have been floated over the years for his ability. Second Edition offers even more design space. Maybe something based around pilot crits?

-- At the beginning of the End Phase, you may choose 1 friendly ship at range 0-2 and spend 1 Force. If you do, that ship may remove all stress tokens or repair 1 faceup Pilot Damage Card. 

-- Or the anti Vader; At the start of the Engagement Phase, you may choose 1 ship in your firing arc at range 0-2 and spend 1 Force. If you do, that ship may gain a focus token for each stress token it removes.

-- Or a Palpatine invert;  While another friendly ship defends against an attack, you may spend 1 Force to modify 2 of its dice as though that ship had spent 1.

Lots of other great ideas I am sure all of you have. Anyways, considering all the crew that are in the game, it's high time. 

Vote for Kenobi Rebel Crew in 2020

51 minutes ago, Pa Weasley said:

At the start of the engagement phase you may remove all tractor tokens from friendly units.

Has one Force, regenerating. Has that ability, but add in 1 Force cost. Something like 8 points.

Edited by Ikka

I love the tractor mechanic, but he needs to do more, or he risks being useless if your opponent doesn't bring tractor tokens. Something like this would let him be built around:

Obi Wan Kenobi

3 force, non regenerating.

Setup: Equip this side faceup.

At the begining of the engagement phase, you may spend 1 force to remove one tractor token from a ship at range 0-2.

If you have one or fewer force tokens, you may flip this card.

Obi Wan Kenobi (Force Ghost)

When friendly ships at Range 0-2 perform a special attack, they may treat the Attack (Target Lock) restriction as Attack (Focus)

Maybe 10-12 points, a little cheaper than Chancellor Palpatine?

Edited by MacchuWA

Just a note: scrubbing tractor tokens at the start of the engagement phase stops a Quadjumper's Spacetug Tractor Array and a Nantex's Pinpoint Tractor Array, but it doesn't do anything to a basic tractor beam.

It might be worth making it an ability you can trigger "after a friendly ship at range 0-2 receives a tractor token"

While I like the tractor thing, I'm taking this a different thematic route: Obi's self-sacrifice so that others could escape. He can act as regular force crew, but can super-Palp defense on one turn, and then becomes an offense only Palp. 

Obi Wan Kenobi

1 Force Charge

Setup: Equip this side faceup.

While another friendly ship defends, you may spend 1 Force Charge. If you do until the end of the round, while that ship defends it may change all of its Focus results to Evade results. If you do, flip this card.

When friendly ships at Range 0-2 performs an attack, you may spend 1 Force Charge to modify 1 of its dice as though that ship had spent 1 Force Charge.

He was just about a Rebel for about a film. Would like to see him as Republic crew. He managed to be Republic for 3 films and the superb Clone Wars cartoon series, as a bare minimum.

Plus Rebels have loads of crew options already, plenty of which are really good. In contrast to limited Republic options.

This seems unnecessary wish listing to me.

Edited by Darth Seridur

17 minutes ago, Darth Seridur said:

He was just about a Rebel for about a film. Would like to see him as Republic crew. He managed to be Republic for 3 films and the superb Clone Wars cartoon series, as a bare minimum.

Plus Rebels have loads of crew options already, plenty of which are really good. In contrast to limited Republic options.

It’d be easy enough to have him in both factions... General Kenobi for the Republic, and “Old Ben” Kenobi for the Rebels! ;)

12 minutes ago, Darth Seridur said:

I seem to remember him being in all three of the original trilogy, always helping the Rebels... from a certain point of view.

In any case, does it even matter? Nien Numb was only in RotJ, yet is a crew. Dash, Xizor, Guri, and Leebo were only in Shadows of the Empire (not a single film) and yet are in the game. Leia is seen piloting the Falcon only once, and yet we are getting a Leia pilot.

This seems unnecessary nay-saying to me.

It should be something more thematic where he grants an effect when he dies. Like, when this ship is destroyed, a friendly ship may acquire a focus and target lock. (Trench run, one shot in a million!)

edit: more thematic idea: when this ship is destroyed, assign a condition to a friendly ship. The condition is essentially a one-off guidance chip. 

Edited by PaulRuddSays

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Flip card. +1 Force

(Alive art) Side 1: Spend 1 Force to remove all orange tokens from one friendly ship. If equipped ship would be destroyed, flip this card.

(Force ghost art) Side 2: Assign this card to a friendly ship. (still has the +1 Force on the flipped side)

EDIT: A friend pointed out to me the timing, the removal of orange tokens would likely have to be at start of Engagement. We'll go ahead and toss a range 0-3 on there as well.

Edited by SuperWookie

Could do something interesting and make Obi-Wan himself do nothing but assign an “Obi-Wan’s Guidance” condition to the equipped ship. The condition is what grants the +1 recurring Force. Then the condition could be somewhat like Hunted in that you keep reassigning it a different ship when its bearer gets destroyed.

Probably OP, but could be fun.

Obi-Wan Kenobi

+1 Force. When Defending, you may receive one Disarm token to cancel all red dice. Then flip this card.

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Force Ghost)

+1 Force. When this card is revealed, you must assign it to a friendly ship with a Force Ralue of 1 or higher. If there are no friendly ships that meet this criteria, remove this card from the game.

Increase your Force regeneration by 1.

Obi Wan (alive), Crew, +1 Force: After a friendly ship at range 0-1 is declared the defender, if you are in the attacker's arc, you may spend 1 Force. If so, the attacker must attack you instead, ignoring any costs (such as Target Lock). (Obi Wan's sacrifice to Vader)

When the ship carrying Obi Wan has no active force, flip this card over.

Obi Wan (force ghost), Crew, +1 Force: If you do not have a Target Lock on the defender, while attacking, you may spend one force to reroll one die (Luke turned off his targeting computer and trusted the force).

Edited by HanScottFirst

14 hours ago, MacchuWA said:

When friendly ships at Range 0-2 perform a special attack, they may treat the Attack (Target Lock) restriction as Attack (Focus)

Maybe 10-12 points, a little cheaper than Chancellor Palpatine?

Use the Force, Luke.

I Figgin Love this! 

Real talk though, this leading a squad of Y wing would be a blast (literally)

Just for kicks and giggles have him add a crew slot... y'know, so you can have Chewbacca sitting through him.

Hopefully after the show we'll get a release with him in it.

My idea;

Ben Kenobi: +1 Force - Setup: Before placing forces, assign the Use The Force condition to another friendly ship.

Use The Force: Before you engage, if a friendly ship with the Ben Kenobi upgrade has at least 1 active force charge, you may spend 1 charge to acquire a lock.

Edited by BVRCH

just thought that i would bring this back into public conscientiousness 😉... He's so iconic, and is in so many of the movies. Why don't we have him yet!

I would love to hear any ideas that y'all have! I think that a dual side card is a good idea though...

Obi-Wan! Its time FFG!!!

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 9:54 PM, Cloaker said:

Kanan (who is still quite good for his cost but not as iconic)

I'm not sure how you can say that a character who has 40 hours of screen time is not an icon.

In any event, the Rebel version needs to be BEN Kenobi.  In that era, even Kenobi himself can hardly remember going by Obi-Wan.