Sign in to follow this  
RedDogReb

Darth Vader Officer

I have a question about the wording and how this card works.

The card states:

"While a friendly ship at distance 1-5 is attacking a ship, it may discard 1 of its [officer icon] or [commander icon] cards (other than Darth Vader) to reroll any number of dice in its attack pool"

I read this as meaning the officer that is discarded has to be on the ship that is firing.

However, one of my friends says that the officer being discarded can be on any ship.

For example:

ISD flagship, with DV officer

Arquitens with SFO

Gozanti with SFO

If arquitens shots, it could discard its SFO.

If the ISD shoot's, can it discard the Gozanti's SFO, or if it wanted to reroll it would have to discard the commander?

Thannks.

1 hour ago, RedDogReb said:

However, one of my friends says that the officer being discarded can be on any ship.

The question to ask is, "How does that work with the wording 'One of its'...?"

ABsolutely, the ship firing is discarding an officer on board itself, and then rerolling...  Vader's long distance Force TeleChoke (as seen on ESB) re-motivates the Crew.

7 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

ABsolutely, the ship firing is discarding an officer on board itself, and then rerolling...  Vader's long distance Force TeleChoke (as seen on ESB) re-motivates the Crew.

The most motivated one will be the guy who just got promoted, due to a sudden opening in the position of his superior officer o_o xD