ScummyRebel

New Official App In Development!

Hopeful but skeptical. For a company of their size and resources, the truth is this; if it's not as good as YASB 2.0 or Launch Bay Next after this next iteration, they're not trying hard enough. 

This includes export, drop down preview, clone chassis, all of it. 

No excuses by this point, it has been over a year. Take command of your product and make it undeniably the premiere option. I'm rooting for you, FFG.

4 minutes ago, Managarmr said:

Offline capability would be a Huge thing ;)

Online only = deal breaker for me, so yes.

4 minutes ago, Parakitor said:

This kind of transparency is what people expect from a company these days. Good choice, FFG. Some of us were getting pretty worked up.

If they had said this as part of the initial announcement of not adding Huge ships, there would have been much less vitriol in the first place.

I really hope they can do it right this time.

6 minutes ago, Parakitor said:

This kind of transparency is what people expect from a company these days. Good choice, FFG. Some of us were getting pretty worked up.

I wonder how much anger got deleted from the original "nope" thread. I'd also be curious if there was a discernible drop in usage of the app. This coming from Organized Play and not FFG suggests a shifting of where the expense for maintaining the app goes in the company. 

12 minutes ago, codytx2 said:

I used prefixes in the list name to help bunch together my factions. All Seps are "CIS ...." then Empire "Imps.....". 

I also do that, but would still want binders or at least  a good search function to save a lot of scrolling etc. 

Especially binders for Hyperspace and Extended would be good

Their initial answer that they were just not going to support Epic on the app made me hesitate to pulling the trigger on epic stuff. In fact it almost made me take pause in whether I want to keep buying X-wing stuff altogether. I know I could have just been fine plodding around with 3rd party builders, but the fact that their initial thought was, "yeah they'll be fine printing off PDFs to play with their big ships." It just rubbed me completely the wrong way. 

1 hour ago, codytx2 said:

I used prefixes in the list name to help bunch together my factions. All Seps are "CIS ...." then Empire "Imps.....". 

Same here.

Also, I'm in the minority, I know, but I haven't had the same issues with the Squad Builder as many of the rest of you.  Hopefully the new version doesn't actually turn out to be worse than what we currently have, as I have very few problems with it as it stands.  I regularly clean out my lists and save them as .pdfs, so there's no problems with having too many to scroll through, and although it'd be nice to make ships easier to clone when using it on a mobile device, I haven't been frustrated by that lack of functionality.

To be honest, the only thing I've ever tried to use the official app for is pulling up cards and seeing what their abilities are. I haven't tried to use it very often, but every time I do I get lost in the dang thing and I just _stop_ and see what YASB2 has instead. The UI is a mess. 

Pretty, though.

18 minutes ago, Pewpewpew BOOM said:

I wish they would release info on  their main page then simply link to it on these different platforms rather than putting different things in different places. 

Don't you know the official method for releasing information is to go onto a random Discord and post it there?  Or perhaps Facebook?   Twitter even.  I mean, it's not like FFG has an official website and forum to post this stuf on.

7 minutes ago, XPav said:

Don't you know the official method for releasing information is to go onto a random Discord and post it there?  Or perhaps Facebook?   Twitter even.  I mean, it's not like FFG has an official website and forum to post this stuf on.

It all gets posted here anyways. Does it matter if the person who does it is on payroll?

8 minutes ago, svelok said:

It all gets posted here anyways. Does it matter if the person who does it is on payroll?

I wouldn't have to back track and double-check if it is "Fake News." So I find out by seeing a link in a forum post. Then I have to follow the link and then need to check out if the source or account is legit. 

10 minutes ago, svelok said:

It is a matter of legitimacy.  The new release timeline was initially posted on a discord server and then relayed here where it was met with healthy skepticism as it was second-hand information. 

It is the difference between, "I heard FFG said that..." and "FFG Official Account Announcement:..."

Having information coming directly from an official source rather than second hand makes it legitimate from the start and much less likely to be questioned.