Truthiness

Prime Championships Data Collection 2019-2020 Season

On a hunch, I took a look at the Intel and Strategic formulas, and sure enough they were wrong. Same column confusion error that's been haunting me all season. I would really love to know when I randomly inserted the extra column that managed to throw everything off...

Anyway, it's been fixed. As always, please let me know when something doesn't pass the sniff test.

5 hours ago, MercIncBourne said:

@Truthiness how do i  go about send you primes data, or do i just post them here , have data Primes in Copenhagen,Denmark ?

Post here or PM will do. If you need to email the info for whatever reason, I can get you my email by PM.

5 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

I took Tagge AND Marked For Destruction to the Midlothian, VA  Prime yesterday, do I get a prize for being a pioneer? 

Brave of you, boy.  I would have thought that you had learned your lesson.

If people have their lists/standings from LVO, I'd appreciate PMing me or Truth to get the data in the sheet. I've talked to several of you and I know of the issues, but SOMETHING beats having no data there. Thanks!

My list, I placed uh, 28th? Something like that? I don't recall.
Name: Tarkin Trash Compactor 3.7
Faction: Imperial
Commander: Grand Moff Tarkin

Assault: Most Wanted
Defense: Abandoned Mining Facility
Navigation: Infested Fields

ISD Kuat Refit (112)
• Grand Moff Tarkin (38)
• Strategic Adviser (4)
• Darth Vader (3)
• Electronic Countermeasures (7)
• Leading Shots (4)
• External Racks (3)
• Chimaera (4)
• Entrapment Formation! (5)
= 180 Points

Arquitens Light Cruiser (54)
• Skilled First Officer (1)
• Slaved Turrets (6)
= 61 Points

Arquitens Light Cruiser (54)
• Skilled First Officer (1)
• Slaved Turrets (6)
= 61 Points

Gozanti Cruisers (23)
• Comms Net (2)
= 25 Points

Squadrons:
• Captain Jonus (16)
• Tel Trevura (17)
• IG-88B (21)
• Soontir Fel (18)
= 72 Points

Total Points: 399

Edited by Karneck

Here's a compiled list of orphaned data to date. If you have of any of it available, please share:

Upland, CA- Top 3 only

Ashburn, VA- Missing #9, #17, #20, #21, #24 and #26. 

Mountain View, CA- No data

Raleigh, NC- Only have top 4 plus #7

London, UK- Only have #3, #5, #7, #14, #16, and #21

Calgary, AB- Missing bottom 3. 

Krakow, Poland- No fleet data

Bremerton, WA- No Data

Midlothian, VA- Missing #14-15 and #25-27. Thanks @CyborgNinja!

Gautier, MS- No Data

Las Vegas, NV (Grand)- Sporadic data in @geek19's hands, awaiting input

Sevilla, Spain- No Data

Could it be, that the winning Commanders are a little bit limited?

Raddus, Ackbar, Rieekan are the only Rebel ones (ok, there are only 8 Rebel wins).
Sloane and Jerjerod are dominating the Imperial ones with 5 wins each. With 4 more who won at least once (2x Thrawn, 2x Motti, 2x Pieet, 1x Screed).

44 minutes ago, Tokra said:

Raddus, Ackbar, Rieekan are the only Rebel ones (ok, there are only 8 Rebel wins).
Sloane and Jerjerod are dominating the Imperial ones with 5 wins each. With 4 more who won at least once (2x Thrawn, 2x Motti, 2x Pieet, 1x Screed).

I don’t think I’d call that limited.

3/10 Rebel admirals have taken 1st

4/12 Imperial admirals have taken 1st

We don’t expect a completely even distribution, do we?

1 hour ago, Tokra said:

Isnt that the common refrain? Rebels have 4 commanders, imps have 4 ships?

53 minutes ago, scipio83 said:

I don’t think I’d call that limited.

3/10 Rebel admirals have taken 1st

4/12 Imperial admirals have taken 1st

We don’t expect a completely even distribution, do we?

Its 6/12 on Imperial side 😁.

25 Games, 17 Imperial winner, 8 Rebel winner.

3/10 Rebel Command won. Raddus might change now, after the errata. But it were still the 3 most powerfull ones. But the distribution of these commanders is a bit better than on imperial side.

6/12 Imperial Commander won so far. Not to mention, that there are 4 imperial commanders that are not even played at all. Ozzel (1%) , Tagge (0%), Konstantine (1%), Palpatine (0%).
And from these that won the most, Sloane and Jerjerod are just a bit ahead.

No, not even. But at least a bit more variation, and not just the same winning commanders that we all expected 😁

I think a lot of change is coming with the new releases on Friday, and if we only took Worlds win data, why fly Imperial at all? It's all about the data sample, and while I do think we'd like to see more parity between factions and commanders, it's always just a work in progress. I think the game is in a good place, but I genuinely think Salvo will really shake things up, to say nothing of the new ships.

49 minutes ago, Tokra said:

Its 6/12 on Imperial side 😁.

25 Games, 17 Imperial winner, 8 Rebel winner.

3/10 Rebel Command won. Raddus might change now, after the errata. But it were still the 3 most powerfull ones. But the distribution of these commanders is a bit better than on imperial side.

6/12 Imperial Commander won so far. Not to mention, that there are 4 imperial commanders that are not even played at all. Ozzel (1%) , Tagge (0%), Konstantine (1%), Palpatine (0%).
And from these that won the most, Sloane and Jerjerod are just a bit ahead.

No, not even. But at least a bit more variation, and not just the same winning commanders that we all expected 😁

I mean, if you look at Rebel commanders, theres a lot of issues to overcome with most of them. Leia and Madine it's a points issue, Sato is a combo engine issue, Cracken and Mothma it's a fleet archetype that isnt en vogue issue (though I did hear Mothma won a prime recently? Up in Washington? That wasnt Ard?) because MSU ain't easy, and Garm/Dodonna its a flashiness issue. I'm not saying these are insurmountable, but it definitely doesnt help that many of these fleets need to hit some good matchups in order to win significantly and you start to see the scarcity of Rebel victories.

Theres also something to be said about the stubbornness of players getting attached to sub-tier commanders that they like or like playing. I dont think theres any Imperial whose favorite commander is Konstantine, and the Tagge meta seems to be entirely quarantined in the UK. But you have multiple Rebel holdouts for the commanders they love (waves in Leia, points at the entire state of Ohio's overwhelming love of Cracken) so that skews the data some too

5 hours ago, jaypalmany said:

Hey @Truthiness I accidentally flipped the score and rankings of the 16th and 17th place players in the Houston Prime data I sent over. Sorry about that.

Roger. I'll get to it when I can. I'm gonna be pretty limited until at least Friday. I have a 10 page paper to crank out by Friday. Yaaaaaaaay.

On 1/28/2020 at 7:13 PM, geek19 said:

I mean, if you look at Rebel commanders, theres a lot of issues to overcome with most of them. Leia and Madine it's a points issue, Sato is a combo engine issue, Cracken and Mothma it's a fleet archetype that isnt en vogue issue (though I did hear Mothma won a prime recently? Up in Washington? That wasnt Ard?) because MSU ain't easy, and Garm/Dodonna its a flashiness issue. I'm not saying these are insurmountable, but it definitely doesnt help that many of these fleets need to hit some good matchups in order to win significantly and you start to see the scarcity of Rebel victories.

Theres also something to be said about the stubbornness of players getting attached to sub-tier commanders that they like or like playing. I dont think theres any Imperial whose favorite commander is Konstantine, and the Tagge meta seems to be entirely quarantined in the UK. But you have multiple Rebel holdouts for the commanders they love (waves in Leia, points at the entire state of Ohio's overwhelming love of Cracken) so that skews the data some too

You think Agate will mix it up a bit?

1 hour ago, Doppelganger said:

You think Agate will mix it up a bit?

Agate is good, no lie, and she then turns the Rebels into a faction of FIVE commanders and hard mode. But I really think if onager use gets widespread AND people are willing to invest the time, MSU (and those commanders for it) counters Onagers. It also counters One Mean Punch Raddus lists with the Hammerhead and the 75. I've got a squillion ships, who cares what's been chammed for a turn or two?

It's not easy to do, but rewarding when you get there.

4 hours ago, geek19 said:

Agate is good, no lie, and she then turns the Rebels into a faction of FIVE commanders and hard mode. But I really think if onager use gets widespread AND people are willing to invest the time, MSU (and those commanders for it) counters Onagers. It also counters One Mean Punch Raddus lists with the Hammerhead and the 75. I've got a squillion ships, who cares what's been chammed for a turn or two?

It's not easy to do, but rewarding when you get there.

Starhawks and Onagers are also strong against SSDs, and from my (admittedly limited) experience, less SSDs in the metagame seems good for MSU as well.  Still think Heavy Squad is king, though...