Sign in to follow this  
HaphazardNinja

Travel Costs

As per Worlds of Android and Shadow of the Beanstalk, there costs for the following:
  • Ticket for the Metro, the New Angeles mag-lift public transport.
  • Ticket for travel up and down the Beanstalk.
  • Travel steps from Midway to the Challenger Planetoid/Heinlein.
I cannot find and suggestions for price on each of these. I feel that each should cost the following:
  • Metro = $25
  • Beanstalk = $100
  • Midway = $300
Did anyone else catch something I did not or have thoughts on the matter? Thanks.

I forgot where I read this (it was either the Worlds of Android book, Shadow of the Beanstalk, or the Night on the Town published adventure) but it references a Metro ticket being 1 credit per ride.

I think your ticket costs are pretty close. The books mention that it's pretty accessible, but the waiting list is very long. So 100 credits for a round trip ticket to Midway and 300 Credits for The Castle/Luna seems good, assuming it would probably come with at least a few weeks (if not months) of waiting for Economy seating. I would probably start increasing the price by intervals of 25-50% to move up the wait list and/or improve class.

4 hours ago, Noahjam325 said:

I forgot where I read this (it was either the Worlds of Android book, Shadow of the Beanstalk, or the Night on the Town published adventure) but it references a Metro ticket being 1 credit per ride.

I think your ticket costs are pretty close. The books mention that it's pretty accessible, but the waiting list is very long. So 100 credits for a round trip ticket to Midway and 300 Credits for The Castle/Luna seems good, assuming it would probably come with at least a few weeks (if not months) of waiting for Economy seating. I would probably start increasing the price by intervals of 25-50% to move up the wait list and/or improve class.

Discovery! The official adventure “Night on the Town” has a sidebar called “Travel in New Angeles” on page 7. It mentions that travel on the Metro “can take the PCs anywhere they need to go for only a credit a ride.”

Worlds of Android, Page 153. “…the cost of a ticket up the Beanstalk to Starport Kaguya is within reach of the average citizen on Earth.”

To maintain the value of vehicle-based favors, I would keep a one-way metro ride around between 5 and 15 depending on how far traveled. I think the Beanstalk ticket cost is somewhere between 100 and 500, depending on far to the moon traveled.

Edited by HaphazardNinja