Sign in to follow this  
Tbetts94

TIE Aces: Ep-18 Passing Engagement

@Crimsonwarlock If I heard correctly you were using the Ord Team's abilities to continually fire multiple charges worth of missiles or torps over consecutive turns on your Raider. Ord team uses the word reload and not renew in the first paragraph of its ability, so like energy shell charges each charge reloaded incurs an additional weapons disabled token. Ord Team's second paragraph is hard limited to the removal of only 1 weapons disabled token meaning that you'd still be unable to fire if you'd reloaded more than one charge.

What Ord Team enables is continual single fire of missile or torpedo special weapons, or a single action mass reload of a missile or torpedo upgrade on a turn that you wouldn't be attacking with the ship in.

5 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

@Crimsonwarlock If I heard correctly you were using the Ord Team's abilities to continually fire multiple charges worth of missiles or torps over consecutive turns on your Raider. Ord team uses the word reload and not renew in the first paragraph of its ability, so like energy shell charges each charge reloaded incurs an additional weapons disabled token. Ord Team's second paragraph is hard limited to the removal of only 1 weapons disabled token meaning that you'd still be unable to fire if you'd reloaded more than one charge.

What Ord Team enables is continual single fire of missile or torpedo special weapons, or a single action mass reload of a missile or torpedo upgrade on a turn that you wouldn't be attacking with the ship in.

Good catch.  I hadn't thought of that.

reload action just gives one disarm, in step 3 of the action.  Step 2 is recover a charge, but the team can bump that up to 4 on multiple cards.  I don't see why you'd get 4 disarm tokens, when you aren't doing 4 reload actions.

8 hours ago, Dezlin said:

reload action just gives one disarm, in step 3 of the action.  Step 2 is recover a charge, but the team can bump that up to 4 on multiple cards.  I don't see why you'd get 4 disarm tokens, when you aren't doing 4 reload actions.

If the team said "recover that many additional charges" then it would be a single token, but it says "reload", meaning that they receive extra disarm tokens. It's the same as a vulture droid reloading Energy Shell Charges - the reload effect is the same even if it's not an action.

8 hours ago, Dezlin said:

Same reason that the action on Energy Shell Charges incurs a disarm token. It follows the reload procedure to recover a charge. Reload is the keyword for the procedure used. Recovery of a charge is the result of that procedure. Disarm tokens are the additional cost of going through the reload procedure. Ordinance Team in effect has the option to perform a reload action for a single Missile or Torpedo upgrade up to 4 times for the cost of 1 Energy per additional reload performed (3 Energy max for a total of 4 charges recovered in one round). Wording of the first paragraph of Ordinance Team's ability:

"While you perform a Icon action reload action, you may spend up to 3 Icon energy to reload that many additional Icon charge on your equipped Upgrade missile/Upgrade torpedo upgrades."

Edited by Hiemfire

6 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

"While you perform a Icon action reload action, you may spend up to 3 Icon energy to reload that many additional Icon charge on your equipped Upgrade missile/Upgrade torpedo upgrades."

I'll admit your interpretation is not how I read that sentence, but I'm not saying you're wrong. I would have thought it was letting you take the reload action, with the bonus of reloading up to 3 charges, not forcing 1 charge per reload action. Though reading it all again I can clearly see the logic behind your reading. To my mind both interpretations could ring true, but I've less experience of interpreting FFG's intended wording than others. Would certainly benefit from some clarification.

A "reload" has the same effects, whether it is an action or not: you select a card to reload, you recover a charge on that card, and you gain a disarm token. The only difference between a "reload" and a "reload action" is that you can only perform each action once (so only one "reload action" but potentially many "reload"s). Note that in the case of ord team and energy shell charges, the choice of what card to reload is part of the card effect.

If these reloads were not meant to cause disarm tokens, they would say "recover"