Sense (5)

Stalgasin Hive Guard (34)
Ensnare (10)

Ensnare (10)

Ensnare (10)
Total: 200

Triple Nantex would be hard to get working properly, I would think.  I'll have a better sense of how they work after I try a recently-built two-Nantex list, since to date, I've only ever flown one in a list.

28 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

Didn't enjoy playing it

It's just...super weird and surprisiny really difficult to get working. The lack of a bank boost is noticable and I have nowhere NEAR enough faith to send its 4 hull *** barreling into an enemy formation 

Def my least favorite CiS ship. I use the other four liberally (well the beeble is only Soulless One, but you knew that already)

It takes some effort to fly correctly, but less than I expected. I’ve only run Chertek, though, so I often kept focus or evade for defense and rolled the ship with the best shot at me away. 

2 hours ago, Minaith said:

I'm using Maul, Grievous and Ensnare Chertek.

What's your build look like?  Mine was Chertek - Ensnare Crack Shot; Grievous - Outmaneuver Soulless One; Maul - Hate Palpatine.  I never decided between Impervium Plating on Grievous and Shield Upgrade on Maul for the last 4 points.  

I don't own CIS.  I dont have strong feelings about the nantex.  Generally any archetype or mechanic can be frustrating until you get enough reps.  

Right now I think sear swarms are the way to go for separatists.  The nantex needs a ship that complements it better than its current options.  

9 minutes ago, PaulRuddSays said:

Sear swarm: much more wholesome and fun to play against 🤣

To clarify, I only played Sear Swarm a lot at local night leading up to worlds for reps. I've taken a break since then. Unless a big event is coming up I tend to rotate my lists at locals nights frequently. 

Plus I bought into CIS for the swarm of droids :P

26 minutes ago, RStan said:

1. I want to keep my locals playing at weekly game nights

2. I prefer Sear Swarm

22 minutes ago, PaulRuddSays said:

Sear swarm: much more wholesome and fun to play against 🤣

Why not just go for universal hatred and combine them both!

Captain Sear (39)
TA-175 (5)
Soulless One (6)

Chertek (39)
Ensnare (10)
Crack Shot (1)

Trade Federation Drone (19)
Grappling Struts (1)

Grappling Struts (1)

Grappling Struts (1)

Grappling Struts (1)

Grappling Struts (1)
Total: 200

9 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

Ya know, maybe?  I bet there's a bunch of folks who'd rather lose more often to efficiency than to feel helpless against control.

Honestly, yeah

A lot more frusturating to never get to shoot someone that can perfectly counter your every move by virtue of moving after you 

Only swarm gripe I've heard is Grappling Struts being too cheap, which I can honestly get behind

Edited by ficklegreendice

Because I don't enjoy playing them. Games are too binary and my moves are fairly obvious, I mean obvious in that it will be the correct move regardless of what my opponent's dial says which is both not fun for the other player and not terribly useful in terms of maintenance and development of my own skill set.

I'd much rather practice and get better with one faction that I want to fly, Rebel Alliance in this case, then follow the latest "OP list" bandwagons. I dealt with that mentality a lot back in the 90's while playing Magic: The Gathering.

Don't get me wrong. I can cheese and abuse game mechanics with the worst of them. I actively chose not to though, because I don't find doing it to be fun. In MTG I can build rather good and difficult to beat Control decks. But I don't do so very often because it's boring. I've built extremely nasty Hand Destruction+millstone decks which had the express goal of preventing you from doing anything because you have no cards in hand, right up until you lose because I decked you. Again, I took that deck apart after 3 matches because it wasn't fun to play. I've put together lists in various miniature war games which relied on control to win the day. And while it was inevitably potent, I'd go right back a more normal strategy of using good positioning and outplaying via solid tactics rather then just denying my opponent the chance to react.

9 minutes ago, Faerie1979 said:

I'd much rather practice and get better with one faction that I want to fly, Rebel Alliance in this case, then follow the latest "OP list" bandwagons. I dealt with that mentality a lot back in the 90's while playing Magic: The Gathering.

Don't get me wrong. I can cheese and abuse game mechanics with the worst of them. I actively chose not to though, because I don't find doing it to be fun. In MTG I can build rather good and difficult to beat Control decks. But I don't do so very often because it's boring. I've built extremely nasty Hand Destruction+millstone decks which had the express goal of preventing you from doing anything because you have no cards in hand, right up until you lose because I decked you. Again, I took that deck apart after 3 matches because it wasn't fun to play. I've put together lists in various miniature war games which relied on control to win the day. And while it was inevitably potent, I'd go right back a more normal strategy of using good positioning and outplaying via solid tactics rather then just denying my opponent the chance to react.

I can understand this all too well.  There was a name for that kind of player (deckers, I mean) - Griefers.  I've been there, and still play my games like that in some cases, whether X-Wing or something else.  But I don't overuse those tools.  All things in moderation...

Edited by feltipern1

I don't play CIS.

I do love the Nantex though, it's great fun to fly against. The design is a real skill tester for both players, and when I lose a ship to one, I've usually deserved it. I somehow still haven't lost a game to a Nantex list though, but I guess maybe my janky experimental lists cause trouble for them.

7 minutes ago, feltipern1 said:

I can understand this all too well.  There was a name for that kind of players - Griefers.  I've been there, and still play my games like that in some cases, whether X-Wing or something else.  But I don't overuse those tools.  All things in moderation...

It's not even "griefing". All you do when you build a list that wins via Control shutting down anything your opponent is trying to do is get people mad. I don't consider such a playstyle to be fun. And I don't enjoy pissing off people I want to get along with. I play games like X-Wing because they are a fun social activity. Annoying or angering everyone you face seems like counter-productive. Which isn't to say I don't use control in my stratagies. It just isn't the entire strategy, it's one tool in the toolbox. I'll use proximity mines for area denial, as well as a way to punish someone who has multiple ships crowding the rear of my Y-Wing. I'll put ion turrets or Ion Cannons on my ships that I can do so, although that's not my go-to strategy.

Actually, I tend to put both Ion Cannon and Heavy Laser Cannon on my B-Wing, but more often then not will either fire the HLC or a  primary attack rather then the ion cannon. If given the choice of potentially doing 1 damage plus ion or 2+ damage, I'll go for the 2+ damage more often then not, unless there's a good tactical reason to fire the ion canon. Such as if I ionize the ship they'll fly into an asteroid or proximity mine :)

5 hours ago, Clutterbuck said:

What's your build look like?  Mine was Chertek - Ensnare Crack Shot; Grievous - Outmaneuver Soulless One; Maul - Hate Palpatine.  I never decided between Impervium Plating on Grievous and Shield Upgrade on Maul for the last 4 points.  

Chertek - Ensnare, Marksmanship.

Grievous - Outmaneuver, Soulless, Impervium Plating.

Maul - Shield Upgrade, Hate, Jamming Beam, Perceptive Copilot.

In my case, because I prefer 5 with Gravetic Deflection.

Frankly I think they're just as dangerous as with ensnare because they're ridiculously tough, agile little gnats, but pinpoint tractor array is a lot more tolerable to people when it's literally just "tractor autothrusters"

I do fly them, but I've a) only got the one at the moment, and only a limited amount of CIS stuff in general, and b) I've been playing other stuff in preparation for Hyperspace Trials.  They're actually a pretty bad meta call for Hyperspace at the moment IMO, with a sizeable number of 6, 7, and 8 ship lists seeing a lot of play and notably fewer of the lists they do well against as a result.