Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

THE MANDALORIAN, in a Civilized Age

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

 

I would suggest skipping the recap before the show starts.   Trust me on this.

Exceptional show!

 

This for me, this was the best episode yet. Deborah Chow has really hit it off with her two episodes that I can't wait what she will do with Obi-wan!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am shocked that they had the insolence to end on a cliffhanger.

I am glad that the pollo brother plays an imperial moff.

That whole thing about the season falling flat in chapter 7 is hogwash. All this obsession over character development* and stories is getting old. Since there are only 7 stories I don't care about storytelling, I just want to see how this person tells the story. Character development is overrated, plenty of bedrocks of literature have virtually unchanging characters.

 

*Character development if differentiated from character establishment. Characters don't necessarily need to change over the course of a story. But they do need to do or say things that tell us what kind of person they are. Like when Cassian kills his own intelligence asset to avoid capture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, UnitOmega said:

A brilliant episode. Love seeing a lot of this stuff on screen, including our first live action RTT! Model when FFG? 

Death Troopers using that focus fire config. 

Same! When you say RTT you mean ITT right? I agree that a model is in order but I hope they base it on the live action version.
The transport in the las Mandalorian episode has a more functional/serious looking front part without the funny shapes of the version in the Rebels animated show or the ball-turrets in the front part... so please let it be based on the one we just saw if it ever happens 🙏

mandalorian-ITT.jpg

Edited by Andreu
Added image for reference

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, Rebels is a stylized model yeah, their influence on stuff like TIEs and AT-ATs is slightly different too. 

And yes, the term "RTT" for Recon Troop Transport and ITT "Imperial Troop Transport" are sometimes interchangeable, but I should use ITT to be specific, there is apparently a republic transport with a similar name which FFG has handled before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder what the capacity would be. It looks like it can carry more than just six troopers. Maybe one squad externally, and one internally. So maybe transport 1 open, and transport 1 closed? 

In any event I want one. No two, I think I'll need two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Andreu said:

Same! When you say RTT you mean ITT right? I agree that a model is in order but I hope they base it on the live action version.
The transport in the las Mandalorian episode has a more functional/serious looking front part without the funny shapes of the version in the Rebels animated show or the ball-turrets in the front part... so please let it be based on the one we just saw if it ever happens 🙏

mandalorian-ITT.jpg

Who in his right mind would design a weapons cupola with such huge blind spots? Wouldn't have happened under Lucas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It should be based directly on this version, scaled down to Legion size, with as little modification as possible.

b5kFFAh.jpg

 

Edit: Also, how do we know it's a baby Yoda and not a baby Yaddle? Mysteries of the universe. I am sad that Ugnaught got a name. I loved how no one had names in this show. Watching it with the captions as I do, it becomes obvious because the lines were attributed to "Ugnaught", "The Client", etc.

Also. Is The Mandalorian (person) space Batman, and is The Mandalorian (show) the second season of Firefly? Why or why not? Discuss.

Edited by TauntaunScout

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rumar said:

Who in his right mind would design a weapons cupola with such huge blind spots? Wouldn't have happened under Lucas.

Yeah...  Lucas totally never invented a giant, slow moving walker that could only move its weapons in a 45 degree frontal arc and couldnt hit anything standing beneath it...  also, this is from an old toy design that predates disney star wars by decades.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's probably why the Rebels version has the ball mounts for some extra front guns, so that at the very least it can fire at anything directly in front. The live action version is much more closely based on the original kenner model, though I think the "driver" slits maybe have guns in The Mandalorian? Perhaps a Legion sculpt could incorporate elements from both to make a more sensible unit, like how they invented the pintle-mounted commander gun on the Occupier. 

Edited by UnitOmega

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, UnitOmega said:

 though I think the "driver" slits maybe have guns in The Mandalorian?

Yeah it looks like it has some kind of front arc blasters (presumably one on either side) plus the turret. And you know if they make this, someone will make a phone app of the Kenner toy's sound effects to play when you move it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I was hoping that The Client was an Imperial Advisor.

I was asked on PM what the Aurebesh on the Razorcrest panel reads while the Mandalorian and Cara are taking stock with his weapons locker, it reads “auto pilot.”

 

2kx6wwkzvi541.jpg

 

On second watching I noticed a great detail,  the Stormtroopers and Death Troopers with the Moff have pristine armour.   They are not former Imperials. 

They are The Empire.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:


I was hoping that The Client was an Imperial Advisor.

I was asked on PM what the Aurebesh on the Razorcrest panel reads while the Mandalorian and Cara are taking stock with his weapons locker, it reads “auto pilot.”

 

2kx6wwkzvi541.jpg

 

On second watching I noticed a great detail,  the Stormtroopers and Death Troopers with the Moff have pristine armour.   They are not former Imperials. 

They are The Empire.

 

The clean armour could also just be an indication to how tight an operation Gideon runs. He wont allow his troopers to be "sloppy". Or that his troopers just don't hang around on the planet and getting dirty. Guess we will see, ep7 was epic. 

Edited by Dwing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our internet came back tonight so we did our weekly family watch.  I think all of us were just absolutely shocked when it ended.  It was incredible and gutwrenching!  Stuff I liked in this one included the stormtroopers piling out the side doors on the transport (I thought that was a good interpretation of the action figure holders on the original toy), All the scenes with SPOILER (highlight to see)IG-11 , Werner Herzog being the most amazing character in the show, and the arrival of the deathtroopers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, devin.pike.1989 said:

Our internet came back tonight so we did our weekly family watch.  I think all of us were just absolutely shocked when it ended.  It was incredible and gutwrenching!  Stuff I liked in this one included the stormtroopers piling out the side doors on the transport (I thought that was a good interpretation of the action figure holders on the original toy), All the scenes with SPOILER (highlight to see)IG-11 , Werner Herzog being the most amazing character in the show, and the arrival of the deathtroopers.

Yeah I'm kinda torn about the transport. Strictly in terms of the aesthetics, I prefer the blockier version from Rebels, but in terms of rendering the original toy concept in a vaguely plausible/functional form this new version is far superior. Rather than trying to explain away how daft a troop transport with external troop bays/prisoner cells/cargo carriers is, they use the original form and then do something sane with it; turn them into doors/firepoints. Sure, in comparison to real life military thinking it's still dumb as a box of rocks, but at least there's some logic there you can follow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...