Sign in to follow this  
Crimsonwarlock

Huge Ship with Veteran Turret Gunner

If I have a CROC with VTG and Targetting Battery, can I fire the Primary, use the VTG to fire the Targetting battery.  The use the bonus attack header on Targetting battery to fire the Targetting battery again.

Assuming that is is legal, do I have to pay energy and get a lock when firing the Targetting battery the first time (attack from VTG).  I'm inclined to think no since I didn't use the bonus attack header to launch the attack.

36 minutes ago, Crimsonwarlock said:

If I have a CROC with VTG and Targetting Battery, can I fire the Primary, use the VTG to fire the Targetting battery.  The use the bonus attack header on Targetting battery to fire the Targetting battery again.

No. 

A huge ship can use each “Bonus Attack:” or “Attack:” header only once per round.

Doesn't matter if VTG uses it, or you use it with the Huge ship default abiltiy to trigger it. Your limited to using TB only once per round. So using VTG on huge ships, while technically possible, is ultimately useless. 

31 minutes ago, Crimsonwarlock said:

Assuming that is is legal, do I have to pay energy and get a lock when firing the Targetting battery the first time (attack from VTG).  I'm inclined to think no since I didn't use the bonus attack header to launch the attack.

Swz55_targeting-battery_card.pngVeteran_Turret_Gunner.png

targetting battery has no Attack: header, so the only way you're performing it is as a bonus attack, meaning you'd have to spend the energy and could acquire a lock on the defender after performing the attack.

also, a huge ship can only use each Attack: header and Bonus Attack: header once per round, meaning you can never attack with targetting battery more than once every round. so using veteran turret gunner to fire targetting battery is completely unnecessary.

3 hours ago, Lyianx said:

Also, correct me if im wrong, but i dont think the C-Roc can even take a Gunner upgrade anyway. Unless im missing something?

nevermind, i'm dumb.

Edited by meffo
separatists are a part of the game.

4 hours ago, Lyianx said:

Also, correct me if im wrong, but i dont think the C-Roc can even take a Gunner upgrade anyway. Unless im missing something?

The seperatist C-ROC can

Edit:. Turned out it was a bug in YASB that was showing the Seperatist CROC had a gunner slot.  This appears not to be the case

Edited by Crimsonwarlock

16 hours ago, emeraldbeacon said:

If you were flying a Corsair Refit with a relevant "standard" turret equipped, then Veteran Turret Gunner would indeed work... but it doesn't seem like the best use of points.

latest?cb=20191004220005

Hrm.... Corsair Refit is one bonus attack per all the Cannon, Turret, and Missile attacks, and VTG is a separate trigger that doesn't cost energy.

You could do something like: Primary Attack, VTG Bonus Ion Cannon Turret Attack, Corsair Refit Ion Cannon Attack, Hardpoint Ion Cannon Battery Attack.  Total energy cost: 2.

Is that worth 97 points before other upgrades? Hard to say.  But making three Ion attacks in round is pretty cool.  But like, presuming you're already bringing Corsair Refit and a Cannon, adding VTG and either Dorsal or Ion Turret is the same cost as adding it to anything like a Scurrg or a Y-Wing.