RefriedNoodle

Tantive IV came with Raider dials

Hi,

I didn't notice anyone posting this before, but I'm sure I can't be the only one: I just noticed that my Tantive IV expansion seems to have a misprint: both dial fronts seem to have the movements of the Raider on them. The bank-1's are blue, instead of white, amongst others. Also, the little punch in the center says "RDR". And the little ship ID token for the deluxe dials, have a Raider on one side, and CR90 on the other. Both sides of the cardboard have the correct product code (SWZ55) printed on them.

Anyone else notice this? How to proceed?

Just now, RefriedNoodle said:

Hi,

I didn't notice anyone posting this before, but I'm sure I can't be the only one: I just noticed that my Tantive IV expansion seems to have a misprint: both dial fronts seem to have the movements of the Raider on them. The bank-1's are blue, instead of white, amongst others. Also, the little punch in the center says "RDR". And the little ship ID token for the deluxe dials, have a Raider on one side, and CR90 on the other. Both sides of the cardboard have the correct product code (SWZ55) printed on them.

Anyone else notice this? How to proceed?

That's a pretty massive blunder on FFG's part. How was this missed by Quality Control?

I love 2.0 so much but with all these issues I'm not sure how well it's working out for them...

The problem is, some countries take customs tariffs even on replacement sendings.Totally unnecessary costs and hassle.

Really, bad quality control, esp. considering that the ship costs full 100(!) dollars. One can expect a much higher standard at that price. This and the issue with the bases in the conversion kit can easily kill player interest in the Huge ships.

12 minutes ago, Managarmr said:

This and the issue with the bases in the conversion kit can easily kill player interest in the Huge ships

It could, but this is early to start saying that all is lost. (Not that I’m accusing you of doing so.)

I’m about to try these bases out myself in a few days... maybe sooner if I have the time.

The problem may not be as widespread as you assume @Managarmr. So far only 2 people have complained about it. And those of us who visit forums (official or otherwise) tend to be a small fraction of a game's player base.

Nope, it's a big problem, it's affecting everyone I have seen, people just haven't realised it yet because not many people have both the conversion kit and the new Tantive expansion to compare the dials.

7 minutes ago, kjpw_88 said:

How do we know that the centre of the dials saying RDR and C90 aren't the wrong way round?

The CR90 article shows the dial with the blue banks: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/9/24/delivering-hope/ and wouldn't it make sense that the 4 forward is red on the Raider but white on the CR90? being faster and all?

Well... if that's the case, then the conversion kit has the CR90 and Raider messed up.

All I know is that I have a Tantive IV, and a Huge Ship conversion kit, and the Tantive IV comes with dials that match the Raider in the conversion kit.

My CR90 also came with a severly warped huge ship base.  I mentioned that as well.  I got a reply suggesting that I submit that a separate issue because the initial dial request had been put on hold as they get replacement dials printed.  The representative said:

Also, if you purchased the huge ship conversion kit, the Tantive dial is correct in the conversion kit, so that may work as a temporary fix as we reprint the misprinted dials.

So they are working on it.

20 hours ago, kjpw_88 said:

How do we know that the centre of the dials saying RDR and C90 aren't the wrong way round?

The CR90 article shows the dial with the blue banks: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/9/24/delivering-hope/ and wouldn't it make sense that the 4 forward is red on the Raider but white on the CR90? being faster and all?

Well, I have a conversion kit on the way (along with a 1st edition Raider). So if the dial that came with my CR-90 is the wrong one, meh. Whatever. But, how is this suppose to be obvious when all the promotional material and the box say that the dial that came with the CR-90 was correct? Granted, yes in Episode 4: A New Hope the Tantive IV is overtaken by a Star Destroyer. Thus implying the Star Destroyer is faster. But I always assumed that was due to engine damage.

Wait...*squints while looking at the Tantive IV expansion box*

Guess the box does show a different dial. It's kind of difficult to tell at a glance. The image is small, and the two dials have identical maneuvers. The only difference is what the difficulty of a few maneuvers are. But the dial I got had CR90 on the button, and has CR90 printed on the back of the maneuver portion. So why the heck would I think it's the wrong dial?

EDIT:

Also, since the differences are mainly the difficulty of 2 or 3 maneuvers, the two dials will play pretty much the same. So far none of the matches where I've used the CR-90 would have been affected at all by different colors of maneuvers. I wasn't doing speed 4 strait maneuvers, rarely did speed 3 banks, and since I wasn't using Optimized Power Core it didn't matter if a speed 1 or 2 maneuver is white or blue.

Edited by Faerie1979

I would not put too much faith in whatever is printed in promotional material or websites. They are marketing tools, serving to give an impression of what the game feels like, and they are not part of any reference material for the game. I doubt any TD would accept a challenge of "but the dial on the box says I can do this".

Also those might be printed months in advance, so details such as card texts or dials could change along the way. I'm sure that in the legal fine print, there is a clause that says that images on the box might be different from the final product.

I got a response from Brenna too:

"Hello!

Thank you for your inquiry! The dial in the conversion kit is correct, the dial in the expansion is incorrect. We are currently working on a reprint of the misprinted dials in the expansion. If you would like a replacement, please place a request at parts.asmodeena.com. We do not currently have the reprinted dials in stock and are working with our overseas partners to have them reprinted correctly as soon as possible. Due to this, your request will be put "on hold" which means we will ship the replacements as soon as we have them in stock at no cost to you.

Please contact us again if you have further questions!

Thank you!"

Is this misprint present in *all* Tantive IV expansions? Or are there also boxes with correct dials? (Only talking about the Tantive IV expansion, I know the conversion kit has the correct ones). Or do most people simply not know about it?

AFAIK, the only other dial misprint happened in the Guardians of the Galaxy squad expansion, but that mistake was pretty obvious as the dial contained two identical maneuvers. The mistake on the CR-90 dial is less obvious. But I am surprised that there is not that much talk online about this issue with the Tantive IV dials.

4 hours ago, RefriedNoodle said:

Just got a reply from Brenna, and FFG is working on reprints for the dials of the CR90.

I gather from this that the dials in the Conversion Kit are correct, and the dials in the Tantive IV box are wrong.

Good that it’s being worked on. It’s certainly a debacle. 

1 hour ago, kjpw_88 said:

I got a response from Brenna too:

"Hello!

Thank you for your inquiry! The dial in the conversion kit is correct, the dial in the expansion is incorrect. We are currently working on a reprint of the misprinted dials in the expansion. If you would like a replacement, please place a request at parts.asmodeena.com. We do not currently have the reprinted dials in stock and are working with our overseas partners to have them reprinted correctly as soon as possible. Due to this, your request will be put "on hold" which means we will ship the replacements as soon as we have them in stock at no cost to you.

Please contact us again if you have further questions!

Thank you!"

So you folks who bought a cr90 new are hosed out of luck for a while? Ouch. 

I am feeling pretty lucky I had the old one now. I’d be beyond frustrated at having a ship I just bought be unplayable.

1 hour ago, RefriedNoodle said:

Is this misprint present in *all* Tantive IV expansions? Or are there also boxes with correct dials? (Only talking about the Tantive IV expansion, I know the conversion kit has the correct ones). Or do most people simply not know about it?

I suspect it’s less widespread in part because it’s less obvious and in part because a huge ship sells way less copies than a standard expansion. Less sales and harder to spot the error means less traffic.

It really feels like when ffg was giving us a good solid with the epic missions box, they phoned in the rest of the effort. No app support (and none coming), slightly off base cardboard being damaged just in assembly, incorrect dial in the error proofing, etc.