Sign in to follow this  
Vontoothskie

Guessing wing locations in epic?

17 minutes ago, Gberezowsky said:

It’s even worse for the wingmates if you slam. The slamming rule Simply states you split. You don’t get to do the original dialled maneuver and you move at the end of the engagement phase. The dialled in maneuver is only allowed if you bump.

From Wing Leader Actions:

“After a wing leader performs a slam action, each of its wingmates without slam on its action bar splits from the wing (see Splitting), and each of its wingmates with slam on its action bar gains a disarm token.”

Well, if the wingmates do not have slam... if they do have it they're along for the ride.

37 minutes ago, Gberezowsky said:

From Wing Leader Actions:

“After a wing leader performs a slam action, each of its wingmates without slam on its action bar splits from the wing (see Splitting), and each of its wingmates with slam on its action bar gains a disarm token.”

Seems also like the wingmates don‘t need Adv. SLAM to perform their action.

1 minute ago, Gberezowsky said:

Yes. I was referring to the case where they don’t. 

Yeah, that'd be a T-70 wing where one ship has the Black One title, I suppose. Only example I can think of where the scenario can come up(the only ship mismatch possible ones lack SLAM).

1 hour ago, Singulativ said:

Seems also like the wingmates don‘t need Adv. SLAM to perform their action.

Seems like. I think there are going to be lots of similar action and shooting shenanigans. Bump with leader at a slight angle and the rest of the wing gets tokened up range 1 shots while being able to absorb damage if the untokened leader is targeted. 

11 hours ago, Cerebrawl said:

Yeah, that'd be a T-70 wing where one ship has the Black One title, I suppose. Only example I can think of where the scenario can come up(the only ship mismatch possible ones lack SLAM).

I can't find a reference image, but can Agent of the Empire be equipped to a Gunboat?

Edit: nevermind, the answer is no

swz57_agent-of-the-empire.png

Edited by nitrobenz
Edit

On 11/14/2019 at 3:36 AM, Vontoothskie said:

Did a game today and Im having to reset the wimg a lot.

I may just make a template  the shape of the whole wing to place ahead of the wing to check for bumps.

just seems like a big thing when blockers are so prevalent in X-wing. like flying a handfull of lone blockers to screw wings up renders wings kinda pointless

Like skirmishers, I guess the wing just needs to blast them first 

On 11/14/2019 at 2:36 AM, Vontoothskie said:

I may just make a template  the shape of the whole wing to place ahead of the wing to check for bumps.

Its easier to leave a wing tool in after moving, but they're not hard to pick out with the little peg on it. So if bumps look likely, we just use both long ones, leave one, put the other with the leader. It's clear where bumps will occur and very nicely manageable with the provided kit.

Loosely related: both voluntary joining and splitting happen during the same timing window (end of end phase). Joining costs a stress, but splitting costs nothing. So join to reposition (gaining a stress) then split if you still don’t want to move with the wing.

We couldn’t see a reason this couldn’t be done and my son was using it for some bananas repositioning with a wing of tie phantoms. Cloak (from evade or action) -> rejoin with stress -> split -> new round -> decloak or not (no evade action on decloak, though) -> blue maneuver to clear stress -> cloak, evade, or other as necessary. I never knew where he was going to be. 

Eh, you can probably only join or voluntarily split in the same end phase. Have to re-read that section though. Especially since I now have enough ships to actually field a Wing. Provided I want to fly Galactic Empire, that is.

52 minutes ago, Faerie1979 said:

Eh, you can probably only join or voluntarily split in the same end phase. Have to re-read that section though. Especially since I now have enough ships to actually field a Wing. Provided I want to fly Galactic Empire, that is.

Certainly makes sense, but we couldn’t find anything precluding it RAW.