BiggsIRL

World Cup Qualifiers

It's time to get qualified for the 2020 World Cup in January.

We're going to keep it simple this year.  To qualify, merely play 5 games on Vassal between now and December 18th.  That's 5 games in 5 weeks, so not too bad for you to accomplish, right?  And it's just about the right pace of a game a week to clear the 3 game POD section.

To claim a game played, either you, or your opponent, just needs to post in this thread.  I don't even need winners or losers.  Try out something new, play a fun objective instead of a "good" objective, play a 200 point game or an 800 point game... heck mix Rebels and Imperials onto the same list if you want.  I don't care, just play some games.

As soon as a player gets to 5 games played, they lock in a reserved spot.  If there's no spots left, they can get a numbered standby spot.  Just like before.

Well, let's make it just a little more complicated...

Pivotal Battle Risk

Only the truly desperate would take a gamble on a major fleet engagement.  If both players agree, before the game begins, they may play a Pivotal Battle Objective from Rebellion in the Rim instead of selecting the second players objectives.  Players can use whatever method they like to determine which player chooses the objective.  Please report the Pivotal Battle Objective selected, the Assaulting Player and the Defending Player, as well as who won.

Special Rules

Conquest:

The Defending Player chooses the Base Defense Objective. 
The Assaulting Player gets 2 "Games Played" if they win, and 1 "Games Played" if they lose.
The Defending Player gets 2 "Games Played" if they win, and no "Games Played" if they lose.

Demonstration of Force:

The Assaulting Player gets 2 "Games Played" if they win, and no "Games Played" if they lose.
The Defending Player gets 1 "Games Played" regardless of winning or losing.

Evacuation:

The Defending Player chooses the Base Defense Objective.
This may only be chosen if the Choosing Player has at least 1 other game played.
The Assaulting Player gets 2 "Games Played" if they win, and 1 "Games Played" if they lose.
The Defending Player gets exactly enough "Games Played" to qualify / standby if they win.  If they lose, their "Games Played" is set to 0.

That's it, that's all the rules.  Get qualifying!

Already Qualified:

2016 World Cup Champion - Clontroper5 (1)
2017 World Cup Champion - JJs Juggernaut (2)
2018 World Cup Champion - JJs Juggernaut (duplicate)
2019 World Cup Champion - NebulonB (3)

Short Straw Award (#33 to a 32 player World Cup) - Ling27 (4)

2019 Armada World Champion - Tokra (5)

2019 World Cup Runner Up - Aresius (6)
2019 World Cup Top 4 - Clontroper5 (duplicate)
2019 World Cup Top 4 - mhd (7)

Summer Tournament Top 4 - Tokra (duplicate)
Summer Tournament Top 4 - RealVeers (8)
Summer Tournament Top 4 - MandalorianMoose (9)
Summer Tournament Top 4 - TigerKommandant (10)

Fall Tournament Top 9 - TigerKommandant (duplicate)
Fall Tournament Top 9 - Karneck (11)
Fall Tournament Top 9 - Roquax (12)
Fall Tournament Top 9 - The Jabbawookie (13)
Fall Tournament Top 9 - Rikash (14)
Fall Tournament Top 9 - Angry Ewok (15)
Fall Tournament Top 9 - Zamalekite (16)
Fall Tournament Top 9 - Green Squadron3 (17)
Fall Tournament Top 9 - Jp82729 (18)

Total Qualified Before Qualifier - 18
Tournament Slots - 32
Available Qualifier Slots - 14

Slot #1 - Irishmadcat
Slot #2 - OutboundFlight
Slot #3 - Maturin
Slot #4 - Bad_Dinner
Slot #5 - Beanicus
Slot #6 - 187-Leon
Slot #7 - Keskai 
Slot #8 - l3ct3r
Slot #9 - ChavoGuerro
Slot #10 - Brobafett
Slot #11 - Beginner2Winner
Slot #12 - duck_bird
Slot #13 - Cael
Slot #14 - antisocialmunky

Alternate #1 - Admiral Theia

Edited by BiggsIRL

Games Played:

@rasproteus - 1

@GiledPallaeon - 1

@enjayem - 1

Tony J - 1

@iamnotDan - 2

@Bertie Wooster - 1

JuanRico - 2

Completed:

@Irishmadcat - 5

@OutboundFlight - 5

@Maturin - 5

@BAD_Dinner - 5

@Beanicus - 5

@187-Leon - 5

@Keskai - 5

@l3ct3r - 5

@ChavoGuerrero - 5

@BrobaFett - 5

@Beginner2Winner - 5

@duck_bird - 5

@Cael - 5

@antisocialmunky - 5

@Admiral Theia - 5

Edited by BiggsIRL

Someone was asking me about bounties, but I was at work and can't figure out where and how they asked me or even who it was.

Sorry.

So here's the public answer - if you're already qualified and want to offer yourself up for a bounty, send me a PM.

Thanks @BiggsIRL! Looking forward to VWC2020! Glad I've qualified :)

Is there any chance the format this year could be a little different? Head to head knockouts can lead to quite tedious games and I remember at least one match last time was a 0:0 for a 6:5 win by running away. If pods could be a bit larger and a finish with a top 4 pod perhaps that could work? 

The head to head match ups and previews are a highlight so hopefully a 4-way final pod means there are at least 6 matches to salivate over :)

4 hours ago, Zamalekite said:

Thanks @BiggsIRL! Looking forward to VWC2020! Glad I've qualified :)

Is there any chance the format this year could be a little different? Head to head knockouts can lead to quite tedious games and I remember at least one match last time was a 0:0 for a 6:5 win by running away. If pods could be a bit larger and a finish with a top 4 pod perhaps that could work? 

The head to head match ups and previews are a highlight so hopefully a 4-way final pod means there are at least 6 matches to salivate over :)

I think you will find this year's updated ruleset to your liking once the tournament rules are announced.

1 minute ago, BiggsIRL said:

I think you will find this year's updated ruleset to your liking once the tournament rules are announced.

I hear this in the Emperor's voice, to the tune of, 'Everything is proceeding as I have forseen.'

Played against TigerKommandant in a fun game last week (didn’t realize it was vs his Vassal tourney list!).

Played against Karneck last night...crazy fun shenanigans - Tarkin vs Sato Peltas!

both games were messy bloodbaths.  😁 

Edited by Maturin

Week 2 Bonus Objectives

Bounty Hunting is Complicated Work

In honor of the Mandalorian, bring at least one Mandalorian Gauntlet Fighter and collect a Victory Token while playing the objective Capture the VIP.  Worth 1 additional "game played".  This bonus may be claimed once per player.

Rebellions are Built On Hope

Same as the above, but take Jyn Erso instead.