Varlie

Mandalorian - Spoilers inside, don't read until watched

29 minutes ago, StarkJunior said:

So, if they have a "Fighting Corp", might they have an "Armorer Corp", as well? The place where the artisans train? Naturally, I assume they all have combat training, but perhaps it gets more specialized as they age.

Possibly.  Looking forward to season 2 to see what else they bring of the culture.  What I got from season 1 is that the Armorer is a respected person in the group and I am looking at them as the "wise elder" type person for the clan.  The covert here seems to be made up of different clans so the armorer may help tie them together. 

Geez, is it Fall yet?  Need season 2

Posted (edited)

Yes it seems that the Armorer is the leader as she seems to be the only one with the ability to forge Beskar, and she seems to be the one that keeps the lore  of the Mandalorians. So she is both the artisan and wise elder and leader (at least spiritually) of the tribe.  And i too think there are non combat corps, meaybe a Artisan Corps, a Healer corp and other division to organize the life of the tribe. Or at least there were in the past, i have the feeling that the social structure Din refers to doesn't exist anymore, after the purge of Mandalore. 

I don't recall ever seeing an alien Mando.

I think that the Armorer is a Zabrak, if you look closely at the top of her helmet there are "spikes" that have no reason on a human,  but would be necessary to accomodate a zabrak's horns.

Edited by Lareg

39 minutes ago, Lareg said:

I think that the Armorer is a Zabrak, if you look closely at the top of her helmet there are "spikes" that have no reason on a human,  but would be necessary to accomodate a zabrak's horns.

The spikes aren't in a patter that would work for a Zabrack. There are only 5 and they are in more-or-less a straight line across the top of the helmet.

Image result for The Mandalorian armorer

Whereas this is a Zabrak:

Image result for zabrak

11 minutes ago, kaosoe said:

Maybe. But when Darth Maul occupied Mandalore, I believe we saw a few Mandalorians redecorate their armor to show their allegiance.

799c95f80be929e4abdaf797ed7ab2ce.jpg

the picture is a broken link

18 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

It's cosplay, so take it for what you will, but here is what a Zabrak Mandalorian helmet would look like: Image result for Zabrak Mandalorian

Not if it's a zabrak that wants to occasionally take his helmet off. If those are horns coming out of the helmet rather than just being stuck on to it, that zabrak is going to have to be very dedicated to keeping his helmet on, whether he wants to or not.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, penpenpen said:

Not if it's a zabrak that wants to occasionally take his helmet off. If those are horns coming out of the helmet rather than just being stuck on to it, that zabrak is going to have to be very dedicated to keeping his helmet on, whether he wants to or not.

Oh, yeah, sure, I was really just referring to horn placement.

It was just the best I could find.

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt

This is exactly how you keep a fandom healthy and diverse:

Dog pile the new guy who says he likes something and is happy that it appears to be liked across the divided fandom. (Note: Make absolutely sure to imply he is not happy with non- white, straight, or male character representation, or somehow supports Nazi political views.)

News flash, everyone other than Nazis...hates Nazis. We just don't all expect to be congratulated for it.

My hope to avoid the slippery slope of woke comes from watching IPs go downhill by pushing forced agenda over a strong storytelling first approach. Ghostbusters, Charlies Angels, or Terminator would be a few recent examples. Anti-male messages masked in 'humor' just...because, and male hero/icon replacement through gender swapping just...because.

This does not make me some kind of alt-right incel, -phobe, -ist, Nazi if you don't agree. We are allowed to have differing opinions. It also doesn't mean that I hate strong female characters as Ripley and Vasquez, T2 Sarah Conner, Leia,  etc are some of my absolute favorites.

Politics, news media, and the entertainment industry already push way too much tribalism and thrive on the divides, even though we've got more in common with our fellow man than we have differences. Refusing to buy into it and learning to instead get along with each other has to start somewhere, how about right here and now?

Just now, sixsevenfour said:

This is exactly how you keep a fandom healthy and diverse:

Dog pile the new guy who says he likes something and is happy that it appears to be liked across the divided fandom. (Note: Make absolutely sure to imply he is not happy with non- white, straight, or male character representation, or somehow supports Nazi political views.)

News flash, everyone other than Nazis...hates Nazis. We just don't all expect to be congratulated for it.

My hope to avoid the slippery slope of woke comes from watching IPs go downhill by pushing forced agenda over a strong storytelling first approach. Ghostbusters, Charlies Angels, or Terminator would be a few recent examples. Anti-male messages masked in 'humor' just...because, and male hero/icon replacement through gender swapping just...because.

This does not make me some kind of alt-right incel, -phobe, -ist, Nazi if you don't agree. We are allowed to have differing opinions. It also doesn't mean that I hate strong female characters as Ripley and Vasquez, T2 Sarah Conner, Leia,  etc are some of my absolute favorites.

Politics, news media, and the entertainment industry already push way too much tribalism and thrive on the divides, even though we've got more in common with our fellow man than we have differences. Refusing to buy into it and learning to instead get along with each other has to start somewhere, how about right here and now?

Okay, buddy... Slow down. I think you are extrapolating a little bit too much out of what other people have said. That said, I largely agree with your points, but let's avoid derailing this whole thread, please? Everybody? PLEASE??

Looking back at the 8 episodes I am super happy with what we got.  Solid 8/10 show. 

Best episode was 8. 
Worst was 5. 

Best director was Waititi. 
Worst director was Filloni (by far...)

Best character was Baby Yoda (it made my wife finally love Star Wars)  
Worst character was Peli Motto. 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, sixsevenfour said:

Am I missing an iteration of Charlie’s Angels that wasn’t already about women kicking butt and taking names while men underestimate them and the only male regular character is a glorified gofer?

Edited by Nytwyng

5 minutes ago, Stan Fresh said:

A couple of people give you some pushback on your hateful rhetoric, and out comes the victim posturing.

Please clarify. Where was I hateful?

Defending myself from what others tried to imply or attempting to clarify is not me victim posturing.

Just now, DanteRotterdam said:

Looking back at the 8 episodes I am super happy with what we got.  Solid 8/10 show.

Yeah, sounds about right. Fits with the average for the episodes, I'd say.

2 minutes ago, DanteRotterdam said:

Best episode was 8. 
Worst was 5.

Yeah, I think I'd have to agree there. I really liked 4 though.

2 minutes ago, DanteRotterdam said:

I'd have to disagree with you on that one. I think that 5 was just not an interesting episode, but it wasn't exactly bad. He directed episode 1, which I thought was great. As far as Waititi, he's only directed the one (which was great). I thought Deborah Chow did a great job on the ones she directed.

I don't think we've really got enough from them to really compare them.

Here's to season 2!

Yo, guys, mind taking the heated political argument elsewhere so this thread doesn't get locked?

7 minutes ago, DanteRotterdam said:

Best episode was 8. 
Worst was 5. 

Best character was Baby Yoda (it made my wife finally love Star Wars)  
Worst character was Peli Motto. 

Yeah, I'm hoping Lucasfilm picked up on reactions to Filoni's contribution. Hoping he's not so VIP that he can't improve, since his heart's clearly in the right place.

Baby Yoda is a triumph. Appeals to everyone in a natural way. Seems to evoke the father instinct among men, particularly. Thought I was getting soft before a coworker described her husband responding the same way.

9 minutes ago, sixsevenfour said:

Please clarify. Where was I hateful?

Defending myself from what others tried to imply or attempting to clarify is not me victim posturing.

Positing that the inclusion of minorities in a work stands in opposition to quality storytelling is hateful, and you know it. Don't pretend otherwise.

3 minutes ago, Stan Fresh said:

Positing that the inclusion of minorities in a work stands in opposition to quality storytelling is hateful, and you know it. Don't pretend otherwise.

No it is not. It is a matter of priorities. When you put inclusivity before story you end up with bad story. Story needs to come first.  Inclusivity should be organic in that it should serve the story. not take priority. You can have good story and be inclusive. But to do that story needs to come first.

1 minute ago, Daeglan said:

No it is not. It is a matter of priorities. When you put inclusivity before story you end up with bad story. Story needs to come first.  Inclusivity should be organic in that it should serve the story. not take priority. You can have good story and be inclusive. But to do that story needs to come first.

Like it did in this series. No can we please drop it? Everyone?

Just now, Daeglan said:

There you go proving my point. Inclusiveness doesn't stand in opposition to good storytelling, yet you act as if it does. For... reasons.

Posted (edited)

I wonder who is gonna EP/Showrun the Cassian show? Maybe they can give that to Filoni, since its much closer in the timeline to Rebels? Honestly, if Rebels characters are going to show up in a live-action show, it would make the most sense for it to be that one. Except Sabine, as she has an easy in with Mando.

Edited by StarkJunior