Varlie

Mandalorian - Spoilers inside, don't read until watched

He may just not want to risk his only ride getting KOed if he thinks he can handle it on foot. There may also be a collateral damage concern that kept him from using it in episode 4.

We notably see the Ghost performing many in-atmosphere ops, so that's not it.

The low-profile bit is an apt explanation.

All of that said, there is a very simple out-of-universe explanation: It's less interesting if your solution to every thing is an attack helicopter (unless you're Airwolf, and then every problem requires an attack helicopter).

18 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

He may just not want to risk his only ride getting KOed if he thinks he can handle it on foot. There may also be a collateral damage concern that kept him from using it in episode 4.

We notably see the Ghost performing many in-atmosphere ops, so that's not it.

The low-profile bit is an apt explanation.

All of that said, there is a very simple out-of-universe explanation: It's less interesting if your solution to every thing is an attack helicopter (unless you're Airwolf, and then every problem requires an attack helicopter).

Yeah, I've given it some more thought any you can get it to make sense. Not sure if the ship would be terribly useful against the AT-ST  considering how well it managed to hide in the forest.

Still, considering the incident with the Jawas, he's surprisingly cool with just leaving his ship standing around out of sight for a few weeks. Of course, there's the possibility he doesn't want to be too close to ship if they track it.

Anyways, it would be nice to see if the guns on it are just for show or not. ;)

2 hours ago, Eoen said:

I can’t believe you so casually dismiss the lives of those poor minions. Besides all they really needed to take down the AT-ST are two logs and some vines.

Ypu forgot the trees for the logs

5 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

On 12/4/2019 at 2:16 PM, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Really? Huh. Never struck me as the sort of fandom that would have that. (to be fair, my only exposure to it was a 6-year old who tried to explain Optimus Prime and Bumblebee to me)

And cannibal teddy bears. 

12 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

I just watched to Disney+ third edit of the OG trilogy, I've come to the conclusion that the Ewoks had been planning out that assault for quite some time, given the amount of prepared traps and ambush points.

5 hours ago, Eoen said:

I can’t believe you so casually dismiss the lives of those poor minions. Besides all they really needed to take down the AT-ST are two logs and some vines.

"There's not a thing on this planet that could damage its' legs."

I see what you did there, Mr Favreau!

Edited by penpenpen