Sign in to follow this  
CEOWolf

Arkham Digital?

So LoTR Card Game online is doing well far as I've heard I even bought an early access pack tbh. But I'm hoping Asmodee and FGG Interactive will create an Arkham ccg that'll be pretty fun! Have a blank map and as you explore it reveals more and battling various freaky monsters as you collect clues. LoTR and Arkham are effectively the games for LCG model after the rather unfortunate forced discontinuation of Net. I'm hoping to see Arkham Card Game as a second LCG mmo. 

Asmodee Digital did release some news and screenshots about a year ago about an Arkham Files themed video game.  Specifically a game adaptation of Mansions Of Madness if I recall correctly.  Haven't seen any news lately about it.  I assume it's still in development.

7 minutes ago, phillos said:

Asmodee Digital did release some news and screenshots about a year ago about an Arkham Files themed video game.  Specifically a game adaptation of Mansions Of Madness if I recall correctly.  Haven't seen any news lately about it.  I assume it's still in development.

It seems that the devs were shut down so Asmodee Digital/FFGI is working on dev

You are talking about the LOTR LCG digital version?  Actually I thought it was quite good.  I like alot of the tweaks they made to the game to make it more enjoyable as a digital product and inject more back and forth action. 

It is a very different experience from the LOTR LCG phyisical version.  Some of the cards have similar effects but the basic framework of the game is entirely different.  So at this point they do feel like two very different games that share a theme and art assets.  I wouldn't say one is more tactically simple than the other though.

Though it does snap back the card pool to a much smaller size since the digital version is just getting started.  So if you enjoy the rich depth of deck building that LOTR LCG had acquired due to the sheer weight of product released for it at this point then LOTR digital is gonna be a definite step backwards.

Would I play a digital version of AH:TCG?  I don't know.  I think I would be more excited for something like that MoM project I mentioned above.  Feels like Arkham Files is the perfect theme for a proper RPG considering the depth of lore and cast of characters they've established.  I just finished Stygian, and while it was great and had an excellent first half, it kinda lost steam at the end.  It made me hungry for more games like that.

Edited by phillos

Posted (edited)

I'll second this, especially since Asmodee seems to have knocked down the TTS mods lately. I've enjoyed playing the digital equivalent of the game I own, but I would love an official version, too, as long as it's either priced equivalently or allows one person who owns it to host and other players to join, regardless of whether the other players own the game (similar to playing IRL).

Edited by r2b2grady
Making it less stilted