Sign in to follow this  
Kieransi

(Tentative) Release Windows for Upcoming Products

15 hours ago, Merrick_H said:

Please note that the products in question (Saw's Renegades and TIE Reaper expansion packs) now no longer appear under the 2.0 sets to be produced in the X-wing Second Edition main page.  Previously, they were showing up as available for pre-order under their respective faction expansion drop downs.

The packages still show up in the "Upcoming products" page, but now just give 404s when you click on their links.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing-second-edition/products/x-wing-second-editiontie-reaper-expansion-pack/

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing-second-edition/products/x-wing-second-edition-saws-renegades-expansion-pack/

Doesn't seem like a troll to me.  All the various links just haven't been cleaned up yet.

Update:  The two black box versions of Saw's Renegades and the TIE Reaper have been removed from the "Upcoming Products" page and all traces of their existence have been removed from the articles.

It would be nice to see the first edition variants show up in the Second Edition products page under their respective faction drop-down so that newcomers know they contain legal 2.0 product.

Another thing I noticed when looking at the "Upcoming Products" page is that every expansion that has currently been released (Ghost, Inquisitor's TIE, Punishing One, Nantex, BTL-B Y-Wing, M3-A), but is still showing some state other than "In Stores Now" has lost its pre-order button.

C-ROC cruiser now has a Release Date of 11/15/19 just as was communicated previously.

3 hours ago, Pewpewpew BOOM said:

It is vexing to me that FFG Gave out info there and did not put it here too. 
I am now on Discord and three regional FB groups just to stay informed about the game and upcoming events.  If everyone simply used the FFG forum, we’d have no need for all that. 

yeah everyone has their own platform of choice, be it forums, Facebook, discord, slack...

Discord makes webhook implementations pretty easy so I could try to set up some more news feeds there from other sources. but if the community were to have a one-stop-shop I think it would be best if it were the forums. 

ultimately I think the plan here is to make all the communities feel heard. the forums got a dev AMA, Reddit did, now Discord is getting representation. but it gets kinda frustrating trying to keep up with all of this. I know I personally don't really know what's going on on Facebook or Twitter unless someone relays the information here.

5 hours ago, Merrick_H said:

It would be nice to see the first edition variants show up in the Second Edition products page under their respective faction drop-down so that newcomers know they contain legal 2.0 product.

It would definitely help move the products' back stock. Though if they still have the pre-errata 2.0 cards in the "grey boxes" that'll probably put a damper on sales after a bit.

On 11/12/2019 at 8:54 PM, ClassicalMoser said:

I highly doubt there will be any surprise products. If there were ever going to be surprise products, it would have been the badly needed card packs at Gencon. That didn't happen, this definitely won't.

I also consider it unlikely we'll get a TRoS ship anywhere near the theatrical release date unless they're working much more closely with Lucasfilm than before. They don't have any desire to repeat the TFA Core and Silencer fiascos. If getting the information right means waiting a few months, I'm all for that and so are they.

I am still thinking there is at least one unspoiled Huge coming.

Just saying Cargo "Coaxium Injectors". This was not shown anywhere, and yet it is in the point list.

Granted, it could have been taken away in playtesting and by error been forgotten to remove from the points list. But we also have the supicious lack of FO, Resistance, Republic and Seperatist (title and crew) cards in the conversion packs, while having 1 pilot card each for these factions.

---------

If the removal of Saw's and Reaper is real,

On 11/12/2019 at 10:27 PM, reqent said:

I understand why they are not replacing the wave 0 2.0 stuff.  I just dont get why they are communicating through discord instead of ffg live, article, content creators or even this forum (no offense to your discord server). 

this.

And as others said, I was looking forward to having these 2 with correct cards and working models. There never have been taken in many of these packs into my country (2nd was coming, so shops hopped over, and FFG is notoriously delivering too few of many ships). The few Reapers and Saws actually in shops are long gone, partly in clearance sales.

10 hours ago, Pewpewpew BOOM said:

It is vexing to me that FFG Gave out info there and did not put it here too. 
I am now on Discord and three regional FB groups just to stay informed about the game and upcoming events.  If everyone simply used the FFG forum, we’d have no need for all that. 

Its completely insane/illogical/nonsensical that the FFG MARKETING team reached out to give info direct to some select communities  WITHOUT relaying the same info via THEIR OWN **** WEBSITE

On 11/13/2019 at 1:36 AM, Hiemfire said:

Looks like my suspicions are wrong. Reaper and Saw's are no longer on the Second Ed product page (I just noticed that @Merrick_H had posted about that as I was typing) and the Echoes of War article is "gone" (link is returning a FFG page with and Error 500 on it). Sad really, I doubt that their back stock is going to last all that much longer unless they re-release the U-Wing.

no, its still a troll, they're just making it a real elaborate one

2 hours ago, Revanur said:

And those have the new ships for January instead of February.  Hope it's its true, but will count on February to avoid disappointment 

the time on the website has been updated to February, according to my source. 

edit: just checked, and yeah, they're showing up as February now

Edited by Kieransi

25 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

Yes indeed they now show February. Glad I didn't trust the page at first.

Both new Armada ships still show December after that update. So at least that's positive 

23 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

I wonder what happened to shift everything back. 

Unironically I’m wondering whether it was another boat fiasco, or their product warehouse in China caught on fire. Surely they would have preferred to get more product out before Christmas if they could, right? 

2 hours ago, PaulRuddSays said:

I wonder what happened to shift everything back. 

Unironically I’m wondering whether it was another boat fiasco, or their product warehouse in China caught on fire. Surely they would have preferred to get more product out before Christmas if they could, right? 

yeah no idea

my personal hope as an FO player is that they have a secret FO and Resistance release for Rise of Skywalker so they're pushing this stuff back to make room but that's probably overly optimistic thinking 

1 hour ago, Kieransi said:

yeah no idea

my personal hope as an FO player is that they have a secret FO and Resistance release for Rise of Skywalker so they're pushing this stuff back to make room but that's probably overly optimistic thinking 

My (possibly just optimistic) thoughts also

1 hour ago, Kieransi said:

yeah no idea

Seems unlikely to me. When you’re working corporate projects, you have to contend with discounting of the sales, which has a time dependence. Typically, pushing sales further in the future reduces your profits even if the dollar number of sales is the same. 

23 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

🤨 Got anything to support this supposition of yours?

Constant slipping of release dates across more than just x wing, cancelling production runs of 2.0 content, L5Rs version of Hyperspace trial got the exact same kit for season 2 as they did season 1, rumours about some people not getting paid 

Edited by Kordos

6 hours ago, Kordos said:

Constant slipping of release dates across more than just x wing, cancelling production runs of 2.0 content, L5Rs version of Hyperspace trial got the exact same kit for season 2 as they did season 1, rumours about some people not getting paid 

That last one is serious, but also rumors should be treated as such?

As far as I’m aware, the rest of that isn’t new for FFG in the least. They’ve always struggled with getting products released in a timely matter, for several reasons. The cancelling of the 2.0 Raider is unfortunate, but it seems like that’s just another side-effect of launching a second edition.

Maybe they’ll print some extra 2.0 Raider cards and set people up with the dials from the Tantive IV boxes or something 😅 More feasible, maybe they’ll offer a discount to buy the 1e Raider with a conversion kit.